Any January filers out there?!?!

Great

Well the fact that they did not stop your process must mean that it is something "small". It could be additional tax information, you forgot to sign a paper, and/or you filled out a form incorrectly. In my case i forgot to attach a W2. I would not worry about it. As for the delay, they resumed my case 2-3 days after they received my information so i do not think there was much of a delay in the overall process. As long as you send it back quickly. :)

Hey Nothere2001,

Thanks for your comforting note. Now I feel a lot better to tell you the truth. Just waiting for that letter in the mail. I guess it will be sent to my attorney directly since he was the one who had filed for my wife's AOS. It was sent last Thursday so I am hoping he should get it in a day or two. Any idea if you file thru an attorney, USCIS will only send notices to the attorney or send one copy to the applicant also. Just curious.

Any idea if you file thru an attorney, USCIS will only send notices to the attorney or send one copy to the applicant also. Just curious.

Atlanta_Brother,

It depends on the particular system your attorneys prefer to use. In my case everything is sent to my attorneys offices first and then forwarded on to me.

With my FP notice

Atlanta_Brother,

It depends on the particular system your attorneys prefer to use. In my case everything is sent to my attorneys offices first and then forwarded on to me.

I got it. The only thing I received from USCIS was the receipt notice. MY FP notice was sent to my attorney, not me. May be USCIS will send this RFE letter to him directly.

Wohoooooo!!!! Checks cashed! Now waiting for receipts...

I bet it must feel good to finally hear something from them :D Congratz! All we are missing now is Sweetcitywife i believe right? I am sure everything will work out ok for her also!

I bet it must feel good to finally hear something from them :D Congratz! All we are missing now is Sweetcitywife i believe right? I am sure everything will work out ok for her also!

Indeed it does, it was my wife's birthday yesterday (yes on valentines day) and it was a good birthday present for her to know that her check was cashed.

Indeed it does, it was my wife's birthday yesterday (yes on valentines day) and it was a good birthday present for her to know that her check was cashed.

Must be the first time that someone is so happy to get money out of his/her account! lol. I know the feeling!! I am glad you are doing ok! You should receive your NOAs very soon.

Hi guys, I've been reading this thread for a while and haven't been able to post anything, because of some permission issue, but I am all sorted and good to go now. I've been trying to figure out the online status check @ http://www.immigration.com/frame/usciscasestatusservonlinefr.html. Now I can find all my cases and I've signed up for the email updates, but I haven't heard sausage. I got a couple of LUDs, but no change to the message displayed, still says "Current Status: Case received and pending." for all 4 forms. Now my biggest concern here is that they haven't started working my case again after I submitted the RIE on 1-28-08. Anyone in a similar situation?

01/18/08 Mailed Parent I-130, I-131,I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693, G-325A
01/21/08 USPS Tracker delivered to Chicago lockbox
01/28/08 NOA for I-130, I-131 & I-765
with ND 01/25/08 and RD 01/21/08 from USCIS. Lee's Summit, MO
01/29/08 NOA for I-485
02/02/08 NOA for FP ( ND-01/29/08, FP Date - 02/19/08 )
02/04/08 LUD I-765, I-131
02/07/08 LUD I-130 Transferred to CSC
02/08/08 LUD I-485 Transferred to CSC
02/14/08 LUD I130,1485

Hi guys, I've been reading this thread for a while and haven't been able to post anything, because of some permission issue, but I am all sorted and good to go now. I've been trying to figure out the online status check @ http://www.immigration.com/frame/usciscasestatusservonlinefr.html. Now I can find all my cases and I've signed up for the email updates, but I haven't heard sausage. I got a couple of LUDs, but no change to the message displayed, still says "Current Status: Case received and pending." for all 4 forms. Now my biggest concern here is that they haven't started working my case again after I submitted the RIE on 1-28-08. Anyone in a similar situation?

Is a RIE the same as a request for evide. (RFE)? If so i would not worry. Your case is moving faster then any other posted on this thread. USCIS is definitely working on it. I can only see 2 of my forms online and have only had one LUP. You can see all 4 and have had alot of LUP. If i was you i would not worry.

By the way, what did you do to get them to move so fast?

I though about Slip a floating $100 bill in the paper work with a little sign that read "Move to the top of the list" in my RFE package? HAHAHAHA :D :p

Nothere2001, I'm not really worried, but it just doesn't make any sense to me that they keep on LUD-ing my forms without updating the actual status. Both them and I know that I'm done with the BIO and that I'm awaiting production of the EAD. I seem to be getting more informative snailmail than emails or updates on their website.

As for RIE - Request for Initial Evidence as apposed to RFE - Request for Further Evidence, so basically the same thing only at different stages in the process.

I think you might be booted out for good if you'd tried to slip them a Franklin, wouldn't have a clean sheet after that

Still waiting for RFE.....huh

I called my attorney today to see if he received anything from USCIS in the mail today and there was nothing. Keeping in mind Monday is a federal holiday so I gotta wait till Tues now. Online status shows that the RFE was sent out on Feb 7th (last Thursday). Taking forever to get to me....wonder if it's coming via 3rd class mail......huh......O'well. I really don't have much choice but to wait. I just want to get done & overwith, that's all.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent Package to Chicago Lockbox: 1/16/08
Received: 1/19/08
NOA: 1/25/08
FP Notice sent: 1/29/08
FP date: 2/22/08
RFE sent: 2/7/08
RFE received: ???