Any January filers out there?!?!

RFE received today

Well the fact that they did not stop your process must mean that it is something "small". It could be additional tax information, you forgot to sign a paper, and/or you filled out a form incorrectly. In my case i forgot to attach a W2. I would not worry about it. As for the delay, they resumed my case 2-3 days after they received my information so i do not think there was much of a delay in the overall process. As long as you send it back quickly. :)

Hi Nothere2001,

I called my lawyer to find out if he received RFE for my wife's AOS. He said that he got it in the mail today and like you said Nothere2001, they wanted ny last year 2006 tax return. My attorney told me that he had already sent them copy of my 1040 tax return so I thought they may be looking for my earning statement (1099) since I am an independent contractor. I went ahead and faxed it over to him. I hope we are moving on the right track. It's going to Missouri address that what my attorney told me. Also he said, he will just throw that in the mail today using first class postage. No need to certify that mail, I should be fine. You agree with him ? I am just worried what if they were looking for 1040 again and not that 1099 earning statement. Please comment on that Nothere2001 or anybody out there who has been thru this RFE.

Thanks.

Hi Nothere2001,

I called my lawyer to find out if he received RFE for my wife's AOS. He said that he got it in the mail today and like you said Nothere2001, they wanted ny last year 2006 tax return. My attorney told me that he had already sent them copy of my 1040 tax return so I thought they may be looking for my earning statement (1099) since I am an independent contractor. I went ahead and faxed it over to him. I hope we are moving on the right track. It's going to Missouri address that what my attorney told me. Also he said, he will just throw that in the mail today using first class postage. No need to certify that mail, I should be fine. You agree with him ? I am just worried what if they were looking for 1040 again and not that 1099 earning statement. Please comment on that Nothere2001 or anybody out there who has been thru this RFE.

Thanks.

The People i went to told me to send that whole section again. In other words i sent all the required evidence again. It does not hurt to send to much. But your lawyer may know better then me =)

Certified or regular mail ?

The People i went to told me to send that whole section again. In other words i sent all the required evidence again. It does not hurt to send to much. But your lawyer may know better then me =)

Nothere2001,

Did you use regular first class postage, certified mail or used delivery confirmation to send your RFE back to USCIS ?

Do you happen to know the mailing address of Missouri where you had sent your RFE. Seems like my attorney is pretty laid back & relaxed, I may have to throw that whole 1040 tax paperwork package in the mail myself. If I can have that Missouri mailing address that would be great.....thanks.

Nothere2001,

Did you use regular first class postage, certified mail or used delivery confirmation to send your RFE back to USCIS ?

Do you happen to know the mailing address of Missouri where you had sent your RFE. Seems like my attorney is pretty laid back & relaxed, I may have to throw that whole 1040 tax paperwork package in the mail myself. If I can have that Missouri mailing address that would be great.....thanks.

I used 2 day delivery.

Address
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
P.O. Box 648006
Lee Summit, MO 64064

Do not forget to send a copy of your letter. Hope that helps =)

Finally! I can see all the cases online and from the LUP I can see they are working on the case and they sent me RFE for the I-485 yesterday. I think I know what it is!

Hope to see some movement on-line soon after fingerprints done today. Took about 20 min and out the door we went.

sweetcitywife, for checking your case online you go to USCIS website and find the "case status online" and type in your case number that you got on your NOA letter. If the case is online you should be able to see and it also shows when they last updated the case. Here is the website: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Thanks Nothere2001

I used 2 day delivery.

Address
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
P.O. Box 648006
Lee Summit, MO 64064

Do not forget to send a copy of your letter. Hope that helps =)

I went to see my lawyer yesterday morning before my wife's FP apptt. He gave me that copy of that letter from USCIS. It had the same address you just gave me (Lee Summit address). My attorney told me not to worry, he went ahead and sent them the whole 1040 package (all pages) including 1099. Let's hope they continue working on my wife's case after MO office receive paperwork from us. Will keep u guys posted.

sweetcitywife, wait a couple of days, not all of the letters arrive the same day. I've been around people that have gone through this process, and all of them agree on one thing. PATIENCE... keep us posted with your case.

Back to this Forum again....thanks to everyone for their input

here is my husbands status dates, GC filed thru me & approved I 130 as spouse of GC holder now we upgraded his file and status as spouse of USC.

Wonder how long it takes to get EAD coz his H1 expires in April end.

Wow, gnr, i sent my I-130 on 1-22-08 and i only got the NOA, and you already have your fp notice. Wait i never checked the mail today. Ill be right back. Thanks for reminding me.
sweetcitywife

Hi
Do you also file 485 for AOS and 765 for EAD. If not, then you'll not receive any notice for FP. You just need to wait for 130 approval

honkshonking, I'm pretty excited. It seems fast.

Sweetcitywife, I'm sure you'll hear stuff soon. You're still right on the average time line.

So, here's the stuff we have for our meeting... Please tell me if you guys can think of anything that you would add:

Lease agreement with our names on it
Letter from our bank stating we have a joint bank account
Joint health insurance
And lots of photos

Obviously, the other documents that we need to bring that were already presented, like the marriage certificate and birth certificates. :)