Any January filers out there?!?!

Back to Boston after FP apptt

Returned back to Boston last night. My wife got her FP done on Fri afternoon in Atlanta. The process was an hour long starting from the point when she entered the office and got out. I waited for her with the kids in the car. I checked with my attorney regarding that RFE I was expecting. He showed me that letter from USCIS which asked us ti send my tax return (complete 1040) and W2 or 1099 (earning statement from my employer from 2006). My attorney took care of that & according to him, it was mailed out to MO address last Wednesday.

Now, we just have to wait probably for the interview letter.

My timeline:

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
Wait: Begins

Hi everyone,

I can't see my case status online yet, how long does it take for them to post the cases online?

Thanks.

Hello Dakazn, i only filed the I-130, because i cant file any other ones cause he is not in America, hes in Jordan. I wonder how long it takes to get the approval? Do we go for an interview before the approval?
thanks

1-22-08 Mailed App
1-24-08 Received App
2-16-08 NOA rec.
2-27-08 Still pending online

Hi Sweetcitywife
Follow this link, they have more cases like you, who have applied for there overseas spouses. I think this is going to be more helpful to you

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=117

Called USCIS yesterday

Well the fact that they did not stop your process must mean that it is something "small". It could be additional tax information, you forgot to sign a paper, and/or you filled out a form incorrectly. In my case i forgot to attach a W2. I would not worry about it. As for the delay, they resumed my case 2-3 days after they received my information so i do not think there was much of a delay in the overall process. As long as you send it back quickly. :)

Hi Nothere2001,

I called USCIS customer service yesterday evening. Spoke to the officer. He looked at my wife's I-485 case in his system and confirmed that he sees that my wife's FP were taken last Friday Feb 22nd which was good. On the other hand when I confirmed about the RFE (last year tax return) that we had mailed them back to Lee Summit, MO address last Wed Feb 20th, he said that he doesn't see that in the system yet. He asked me how did I mail my paperwork back to USCIS. I told him I used regular first class mail. He said that I should have used certified mail that shows that somebody signed for it coz 90% of the time first class mail gets lost. I don't buy that. I have lived in this country for almost 17 yrs. I don't remember my mail getting lost. Yes few times it did get delayed by few days (coz of holidays may be), but I can definitly count on USCIS first class service (even without using certified mail), it does make it to it's destination.
My question to you is, I see that your case was resumed again after a couple of days delay. How do you make sure that they have received the paperwork & I don't have to send them again. How did you find out? I am just a bit concerned coz if they have not received it then how long should I wait before I send them my 1040 tax return again to that Lee Summit, MO address. Let me know what you advice & your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

How long does it take to post your case online? Look at my timeline, and my case still doesn't show up on their online system.

Thanks

Online system

Guys,

How long does it take to post your case online? Look at my timeline, and my case still doesn't show up on their online system.

Thanks

gnr5,

Don't count on this online system too much. If you see your case online, good for you, but if you don't see your status online, I wouldn't worrry about it too much. It's slow and not reliable at all. Lots of guys out here would agree with me. As long as your process is moving at it's usual normal pace, just relax. I sent my paperwork over a week back, but when I go to check my status online, it still hasn't updated saying that they have received RFE & now working on my case. Still shows that they have sent me a letter asking for additional paperwork.......huh

ATLBrother, thanks for your response, I was just wondering. I agree with you, their system is not the most up to date system out there.

Atlanta Brother,
Send back eveything again using certified mail.
Last month I sent RFE and waited one month to be confirmed. Then I sent second time, and this time it was confirmed.
Actually, it is not a matter of certified mail. They deal with hundreds of thousands of files and misplace some now and then.

Atlanta Brother,
Send back eveything again using certified mail.
Last month I sent RFE and waited one month to be confirmed. Then I sent second time, and this time it was confirmed.
Actually, it is not a matter of certified mail. They deal with hundreds of thousands of files and misplace some now and then.

Thanks for your advice hornshonking. I see that your case was resumed on 2/14. How did you find that out? Thru online or by calling those idiots at cust service toll free number?

Sent out the RFE yesterday but isn't it a bit unusual that I haven't received the notice for FP! I can see most of people who sent their package after me have already done their FP. Oh well, I guess I should just wait and be patient.

I'm just curious, I'm seeing a lot of RFEs. When we filed our paperwork, we sent in the I-864 with his tax returns. We also sent the photos and marriage and birth certificate copies. What information are you all being asked for?

I'm happy that we sent in his tax returns. My husband is self-employed, so there are no paystubs. We just sent in the last 3 years.

HEY GUYS, I HAVE A QUESTION

Approximately how long after the FP appointment should we recieved the EAD??

Hey guys, I sent the I-765 on february 15th, and today february 29th I got the email saying that the employment card is in production. Anyone has that message yet?

Hi Nothere2001,

I called USCIS customer service yesterday evening. Spoke to the officer. He looked at my wife's I-485 case in his system and confirmed that he sees that my wife's FP were taken last Friday Feb 22nd which was good. On the other hand when I confirmed about the RFE (last year tax return) that we had mailed them back to Lee Summit, MO address last Wed Feb 20th, he said that he doesn't see that in the system yet. He asked me how did I mail my paperwork back to USCIS. I told him I used regular first class mail. He said that I should have used certified mail that shows that somebody signed for it coz 90% of the time first class mail gets lost. I don't buy that. I have lived in this country for almost 17 yrs. I don't remember my mail getting lost. Yes few times it did get delayed by few days (coz of holidays may be), but I can definitly count on USCIS first class service (even without using certified mail), it does make it to it's destination.
My question to you is, I see that your case was resumed again after a couple of days delay. How do you make sure that they have received the paperwork & I don't have to send them again. How did you find out? I am just a bit concerned coz if they have not received it then how long should I wait before I send them my 1040 tax return again to that Lee Summit, MO address. Let me know what you advice & your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

When i check the case status it says that they have recived my paper work. Here is a direct quote of what it says " Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed." Hope that helps =)

Hey Everyone,

I just checked my status online and it says "Card Production Ordered" for my I-765!!! I just had my FP a couple of weeks ago and I didnt expect it so early! Anyways, Im just glad I can work now! :)

Hey Everyone,

I just checked my status online and it says "Card Production Ordered" for my I-765!!! I just had my FP a couple of weeks ago and I didnt expect it so early! Anyways, Im just glad I can work now! :)

It seems we are in the same boat. Please keep us posted for any news. I will do the same. :)