Any January 2011 filers?

You may call them once to inquire when they accept walk-ins. I went for my walk-in today at Indianapolis and they told they take walk-ins only on Wednesdays. I will try again.

Hello to all,

I've been a lurker thus far but I thought I'd share my time line and be a part of the overall group experience. Many thanks to all those who are sharing theirs as well! :)

If it's not too far from your house, I would just go ahead and try to walk in. When we went, the guy at the counter didn't even look at the appointment letter. He just gave us a number and told us to fill out a one page form with address / basic info on it. I don't think they really care.

It might be a good idea to send your paperwork via certified mail... it costs about $2.00 and it comes with a tracking code as well as requires a signature on delivery.

I just got my biometrics notification with an appointment of 03/09/11 so im gonna try a walk in on 02/16/11 in Brooklyn, NY. Lets see how it goes.

Recieved my biometrics but date is for like 3 weeks away.
Since I live close I will try to do walkin just worried might confuse the beast.
How do you verify after walkin they don't lose or mess up process?

need some advice

I have a notice date of Jan 6th 2011 but, havent received the Biometrics yet. I am in dallas,tx. this is for 765 through 130. anybody have any advice please. can i call uscis to see if they will help me.
thanks

I did a walk in fingerprint today at Brooklyn ASC. It was very quick, 15mins. The officer did not even look at my appointment date. I even had a friendly chat with the rep who took my print. I would recommend walking in to everyone.

Can everyone see there case status online? Mine still isn't available, and I've already done my biometrics!

All I can see is for I485, which is only because they send me the RFE. Nothing else..:(( would be good to see when EAD card get ordered...I am interviewing for several positions, and they all want updates!

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-130 is still showing up online as "Initial Review". I see where others who applied later and received notices for biometrics and notice of approval. I dont understand why my application is taking so long. I applied for CR1 for my wife. Is this normal, for such a long wait? I have only received a 797c notice of receipt back on January 6, with a priority date of Jan. 2nd.

Hi michaelofiuka,

I would try calling the USCIS customer service line to question the delay if you haven't already. I think they're online system is quite slow. My I131 didn't even show up as a valid case until yesterday and that's when it had already been approved. :confused: They were able to give me details of my biometrics appointment before I got my letter. Also, the representative said that they could fax the appointment letter if I don't receive it at least 2 weeks before the biometrics appointment. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: