Any January 2011 filers?

induz_

Registered Users (C)
You may call them once to inquire when they accept walk-ins. I went for my walk-in today at Indianapolis and they told they take walk-ins only on Wednesdays. I will try again.

Jan2011

Hello to all,

I've been a lurker thus far but I thought I'd share my time line and be a part of the overall group experience. Many thanks to all those who are sharing theirs as well! :)

wayne57

Registered Users (C)
If it's not too far from your house, I would just go ahead and try to walk in. When we went, the guy at the counter didn't even look at the appointment letter. He just gave us a number and told us to fill out a one page form with address / basic info on it. I don't think they really care.

Stanley Hermosillo

Registered Users (C)
It might be a good idea to send your paperwork via certified mail... it costs about $2.00 and it comes with a tracking code as well as requires a signature on delivery.

dunee88

Registered Users (C)
I just got my biometrics notification with an appointment of 03/09/11 so im gonna try a walk in on 02/16/11 in Brooklyn, NY. Lets see how it goes.

shanep

Registered Users (C)
Recieved my biometrics but date is for like 3 weeks away.
Since I live close I will try to do walkin just worried might confuse the beast.
How do you verify after walkin they don't lose or mess up process?

user_dallas

need some advice

I have a notice date of Jan 6th 2011 but, havent received the Biometrics yet. I am in dallas,tx. this is for 765 through 130. anybody have any advice please. can i call uscis to see if they will help me.
thanks

dunee88

Registered Users (C)
I did a walk in fingerprint today at Brooklyn ASC. It was very quick, 15mins. The officer did not even look at my appointment date. I even had a friendly chat with the rep who took my print. I would recommend walking in to everyone.

wayne57

Registered Users (C)
Can everyone see there case status online? Mine still isn't available, and I've already done my biometrics!

eggluze

Registered Users (C)
All I can see is for I485, which is only because they send me the RFE. Nothing else..:(( would be good to see when EAD card get ordered...I am interviewing for several positions, and they all want updates!

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelofiuka

Registered Users (C)
My I-130 is still showing up online as "Initial Review". I see where others who applied later and received notices for biometrics and notice of approval. I dont understand why my application is taking so long. I applied for CR1 for my wife. Is this normal, for such a long wait? I have only received a 797c notice of receipt back on January 6, with a priority date of Jan. 2nd.

Jan2011

Hi michaelofiuka,

I would try calling the USCIS customer service line to question the delay if you haven't already. I think they're online system is quite slow. My I131 didn't even show up as a valid case until yesterday and that's when it had already been approved. :confused: They were able to give me details of my biometrics appointment before I got my letter. Also, the representative said that they could fax the appointment letter if I don't receive it at least 2 weeks before the biometrics appointment. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: