Any January 2011 filers?

1-05-11 AOS Package Mailed (I-485 & I-765)
1-06-11 AOS Package Delivered
1-10-11 Text & E-Mail Notification
1-10-11 Check Cashed
1-14-11 NOA1 Received (I-485 & I-765)
1-28-11 Biometrics Letter Received (I-485 & I-765)
2-05-11 RFE Letter Received
2-05-11 RFE Replied
2-22-11 Biometrics Appointment

Hey, I was just curious. Is it faster to send all I-130, I-485, and I-765 to immigration or your doing this because your spouse/family is in the US with you?

Spouse is with me in the US already. You can't send it all in at the same time unless the person you're petitioning has a visa number available. Such as being the spouse of a US citizen.

hey, seeing as my wife is petitioning for me, can she claim the $1700 we spent on this whole process in her taxes?

I am on H1B currently and my husband filed for my AOS. current status:
12/28 - mailed applications for I130,485,765 and AP by usps.
12/30 - delivered at Chicago lockbox.
01/06 - checks cashed.
01/10 - recd nor's in mail.
01/21 - recd. biometrics notice in mail with 01/13 as notice date.
02/01 - biometrics completed in 15 min.
02/18 - recd. email notification with interview date as 03/28.

Hello all

dec 24 documents sent
dec 27 package received by uscis chicago
jan 3 receive tex and emait with receipt number from uscis
jan 12 receive letter for biometric
jan 22 biometric done...
JAN 31ST receive a RFE letter
feb 16 RFE mailed to USCIS
feb 18 LUD initial review
march 4 LUD EAD card ordered

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairway, what was your RFE for? And welcome to the thread! Hopefully you get your interview letter soon!

when i first mailed my initial package , i sent everything , including my medical , and on february 16th i received a mail stating that i need to send my medical. so my guess is they lost it along the way while processing my case

when i first mailed my initial package , i sent everything , including my medical , and on february 16th i received a mail stating that i need to send my medical. so my guess is they lost it along the way while processing my case

So did you had to do it all over again or just got the report again from the civil surgeon you already went to?

I sent my package in early January, checks cashed on 1/5/2011, then had biometrics appointment in mid-January and was fingerprinted on 2/3/2011. Do you think there's any chance I can get my EAD before 3/20/2011 which is when my OPT expires... I really need my EAD to start my new job and also to renew my DL. If I don't have EAD before my OPT ends, what are my options other than waiting and waiting in terms of legal employment and DL renewal? I can't just turn down a job in this economy and stay home all day.

Does where you live in the States affect how soon you get EAD?

Thanks

Aspo, I would recommend checking some of the other timeline threads to see how long it took most people to get their EAD. You could also try posting your question in the main forum and you may get some better responses. Goodluck!