Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

@immig4us: I called USCIS today, and they told me that Fairfax, VA DO is now processing applications that were filed on 27th of June, 2010. So I guess there is a long wait for us still. I read somewhere that our DO is one of the busiest in the country...

@eggluze
Thanks for the update. Hmm..that is little unfortunate for us which is taking so long :( I hope they speed up the process like other DO's. Oh well, nothing we can do, just need to wait I guess.. I'm just hoping atleast it would be nice if I get my EAD...lets see...

If I hear anything will keep you posted!

I received my AP and EAD on the 8th April...now i can go home! Wooohooo

Congratulations ctraquair

:D very happy for you.... I am still trying to work out a vehicle for my Dallas visit o_O but we will have something sorted before Thursday God willing!

Enjoy your visit home & all the best for everything else :)

Guys, anyone from San Antonio DO waiting for the Interview Letter?

Hey feel!

I have not come across anyone from the San Antonio DO so far...you may wanna try Jan & March filers to try to luck there :)

All the best buddy!

Anyone filing from the DC, MD or VA area?

02-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
04-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application - Day 3
09-Feb-11 Notice of Action Received - Day 8
10-Feb-11 Check Cashed - Day 9

Hi I am from VA and i applied for my wife. the following is our time line:

April 4th - Mailed package - day 1
April 5th - Received - day 2
April 7th - Checks cashed - day 4
April 11th - NOAs received - day 8 (notice date April 6th)

I also have a question. Are NOAs considered application approvals?

The same thing happened to me! It first said my EAD was ordered on April 4th and now it says April 7th. I was surprised as to why they changed the date. But like thomkip mentioned, maybe the update means that it has now been mailed so hopefully we'll be receiving it very soon!

@Gelia Has this happened to you? It seems that I have gone a step even further back. Now my status has moved from Card/ Document Production back to to Post Decision Activity. It went from the 4th, to the 7th and now the 11th...

"On April 11, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

This is alarming, because I have a job offer waiting and need to start asap. I'm hoping I receive my EAD in the mail soon, regardless of what it says online....uggghhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gelia Has this happened to you? It seems that I have gone a step even further back. Now my status has moved from Card/ Document Production back to to Post Decision Activity. It went from the 4th, to the 7th and now the 11th...

"On April 11, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

This is alarming, because I have a job offer waiting and need to start asap. I'm hoping I receive my EAD in the mail soon, regardless of what it says online....uggghhhh

@janedoh

The status moving back to Post Decision Activity only means that they have shipped the card to you. Happened with me when my EAD was shipped and also happened with a few more people in the other threads. Nothing to be alarmed about buddy. Good luck with the new job!

@immig4us

Thank you my friend! Hope things are moving well with you. You should hear something soon regarding your EAD and IL!

Janedoh that's a good sign. Once they order your EAD card, your status goes to card production. However when they actually mail you the card, your status goes back to Post-Decision Activity. It's a bit confusing but that's how USCIS works. You'll be getting your EAD card within the next day or two.

I just received my combined EAD/AP card today. Can't wait to visit the family this weekend!

I just received my combined EAD/AP card today. Can't wait to visit the family this weekend!

Congrats Gelia! You must be excited to see your family! Hope your preparations for the interview is going good. Good luck!

Hi all,

I have a question about ID requirements for finger printing. Is the passport sufficient? My wife already received NOAs for her I130/I485/I765.

This question is for Indians who have experience with the Indian embassy passport services. My wife's passport has expired. Just noticed today. Tried going to the website, but there was nothing on passport renewals. I don't know if i was looking at the correct section. Also it clearly states that no services will be rendered for visitor visa holders. My wife came here on a Visitor visa.Any help advice would be appreciated.

Thanks you guys, it was just my nerves talking. I've been stalking my mail box lately :)

Hi javis123, I went with my DL and letter. I would call the embassy and see how to renew her passport. (The sooner the better).

@TonyGman glad you're feeling better.

Congratulations ctraquair!
Congrats Gelia!
Congrats Induz!

@ thomkip

My interview prep is moving, cant wait to be done with it all! Just got some papers from my joint sponsor today cos am about to start assemblying all the papers together. Yea lots of online relationships are leading to marriage and go to know you met your spouse online too. No problem about proofing my marriage, was just wondering what the IO might think as some people still think meeting people the traditional way like party, bars etc is still the only way to meet a true love. What a wrong notion lol!. . .:confused:

@ Gelia

Congratulations friend, that is really a break!

@ TonyGman

You welcome and good to see you feel better. We shall all get there!

EAD

I equally received another email informing that my EAD card was sent for production on April 12, an addition of extra 5 days from previously announced date, April 7.

Hi all,

I have a question about ID requirements for finger printing. Is the passport sufficient? My wife already received NOAs for her I130/I485/I765.

This question is for Indians who have experience with the Indian embassy passport services. My wife's passport has expired. Just noticed today. Tried going to the website, but there was nothing on passport renewals. I don't know if i was looking at the correct section. Also it clearly states that no services will be rendered for visitor visa holders. My wife came here on a Visitor visa.Any help advice would be appreciated.

Hey!

I responded to your thread on the main page however lemme explain something else.

I was here on a B1/B2 and they renewed my passport with only a 1 year validity, what happens is you can get the expired passport renewed and after your wife gets her green card, when this shorter validity passport is about to run out, apply again and they will issue a 10 yr validtyy passport.

Do not get stressed, just follow this link, and you guys should be fine.

http://www.indianembassy.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=167

All the best!

For all people receiving email updates! Do not worry when you start to recieve more emails and changing dates of production. As i said in earlier posts - uscis told me on the phone that website has been having some major issues and is not reliable right now. They told me that the first update i recieve is the correct one and any changes to that are mistakes.

Hey!

I responded to your thread on the main page however lemme explain something else.

I was here on a B1/B2 and they renewed my passport with only a 1 year validity, what happens is you can get the expired passport renewed and after your wife gets her green card, when this shorter validity passport is about to run out, apply again and they will issue a 10 yr validtyy passport.

Do not get stressed, just follow this link, and you guys should be fine.

http://www.indianembassy.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=167

All the best!

Thank you verymuch Noella. I will follow the instructions. Did you go in person to the embassy/consulate or did you mail it in? How long did it take for you to receive it?

I had exactly the same thing happen. It went from Card Prod. on April 6th to Post Decision Activity on April 12th. Thanks to all of you alls comments I am not worried about it a bit. I will update when the card is actually received.

This whole experience is a true test of patience!!

For all people receiving email updates! Do not worry when you start to recieve more emails and changing dates of production. As i said in earlier posts - uscis told me on the phone that website has been having some major issues and is not reliable right now. They told me that the first update i recieve is the correct one and any changes to that are mistakes.

Hi Everyone,

got an email today from the USCIS saying that my EAD card went into production!!! :D I'm so excited and relieved!! Maybe it helped that I called and expedite.

Next up the interview letter, lets hope it wont be too long of a wait.

@Noella
hey hows goin..where is ur ASC at? when u planning to go there for ur biometrics..i got my appt too..

Hi Everyone,

got an email today from the USCIS saying that my EAD card went into production!!! :D I'm so excited and relieved!! Maybe it helped that I called and expedite.

Wanted to say thank you to everyone in this forum, you guys are awesome and make this process so much easier.

Lets hope we dont have to wait too long for the interview letter.

Congratulations musicaa !!! very happy for you :)

I'm waiting for my EAD and IL. I hope I hear something soon...i'm really nervous :(....good to see your good news....Do you guys think I should call and ask them about the status or should I wait some more time???