Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Makes sense, thanks Induz. Ill call them today and get the latest tax transcript just to be safe.

What if my explanation is...i recieve more money back from filing separatly :)

LOL! I am not an expert on these matters but I think that is a perfectly acceptable answer too. I know a lot of married folks who file it separately for the same reason. Your transcript would mention it anyways - Married, filing separately. So I would not worry about it :)

Edit - the fastest and sure shot way to receive it ASAP is to have them fax it to you. You need to be with the fax machine though when you are on the call with them so that they can confirm you have received it. Otherwise they will not fax it. In case you don't have a fax machine near you, you can go to a Fedex kinko and call them then.

Last edited by a moderator:
To those alreadt scheduled for interview, are you guys planing on going to the interview with a lawyer?

I am not going with a lawyer. It will just be me and my spouse. I think people that need lawyers are people that have something about their case. I have maintained my F1 status for the last 6 years(since I came here) and have not been in any sort of trouble. Only take a lawyer when there is something problematic with the case. Thats my two cents.

New to the thread :)

Welcome buddy.I am excited and thrilled to have somebody with the same DO as me. Moreover, we are having interviews a week apart:) :) I was starting to think that I was the sole person in these neck of the woods. Goodluck on your interview and I hope that all goes well. Please let us know how your interview goes.

@ Induz, yemroy and thomkip

I am not going with a lawyer either as my case is not too complicated. Just that my overstayed entry visa ( A-3) was kind of uncommon and involve filing an additional forms (I-566 and I-508) which i didnt based on what i learned from my research but i dont see how taking a lawyer could help with that. Going with a lawyer at this point is just like a waste plus, accompanied by a lawyer to the interview will not stop a deniable case from being denied, especially in the first interview.

@ Dunee

Congratulations on your EAD. Its not too bad afterall.

@ JBlack

Welcome to the thread. Considering the fact that you recieved RFE, your timelines is impressive and one of the fastest. Goodluck on the interview and do stick around!

Hey guys!

So exciting will all the interview's coming up! I'm hoping that my NOA's will come pretty darn soon...my 30 days are coming up quickly!

Just have a question for everyone going to the interview that has kids...

Wil you be taking your kids or not? We have a 16 month old and at first I wanted to take him but then figured the IO would not appreciate a hyper little guy destroying his office & babbling while were in an interview. Just wanted to hear opinions or thoughts!!

Thanks...

You are fine. My biometric appointment didn't mention my I-131, but I received my combined EAD/AP card. And my guess is, I-131 does not require fingerprinting. So don't worry about it. Good luck with the biometric appointment.

Hi induz_

Thank you for your respond.
I will stop panicking now and have even more courage to attempt the walk in biometrics :)

Good luck to you too

ASC Washington, DC
DO: Alexandria, VA
03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review
03/25 Appointment notice for biometrics received in the mail (scheduled for 04/18)

I am not going with a lawyer either as my case is not too complicated. Just that my overstayed entry visa ( A-3) was kind of uncommon and involve filing an additional forms (I-566 and I-508) which i didnt based on what i learned from my research but i dont see how taking a lawyer could help with that.

@thomkip
We're lucky the Boise office is not as busy as others. The day I did my walk-in biometrics there wasn't anyone in the building except for the people that worked there. I'll definitely keep you posted on how the interview went.

@immiresearch
Thanks! I was afraid the RFE was going to delay the already slow process but it wasn't that bad after all. I actually had 2 RFEs and they were both for initial evidence which lead me to believe the date of my original submission was going to be changed but I don't think it did. I'm thankful it all worked out!

@JBlack

Welcome to the thread buddy! Great to see a lot of progress in you case in spite of receiving the RFE. We both have very similar time lines :) Many of us will be having an interview in April. Hope everything goes well with all of us.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your RFE about?

Update...Nada, nothing :(

I feel a bit down in regards to this whole system at the moment. I can not believe we still have not heard a thing and moving to March 30 aka day 27.
Just reaching out here to vent.

I am happy for all that have the biometrics done and getting ready for your interview date. We can not wait for that date. I think its best to be yourself and try to relax and me honest and that should work with no lawyer needed. If we ever get to that point this year....lol, that is our plan.

@Maral...Love the idea of bringing the kids. Why, because it makes it so real :)

@Everyone...GL with all the next steps

Hey guys!

So exciting will all the interview's coming up! I'm hoping that my NOA's will come pretty darn soon...my 30 days are coming up quickly!

Just have a question for everyone going to the interview that has kids...

Wil you be taking your kids or not? We have a 16 month old and at first I wanted to take him but then figured the IO would not appreciate a hyper little guy destroying his office & babbling while were in an interview. Just wanted to hear opinions or thoughts!!

Thanks...

You cannot take kids born from the marriage to the interview unless its clearly stated in the IL. The interview letter states that kids cannot be taken to the interview. All you can take is their birth certificates.

@thomkip...thanks for letting me know that information. We probably would have taken our son if I hadn't read that. I'm getting really, really worried now guys, I know everyone is telling me to be patient but I have read everyone's timeline and I am the only one except who hasn't gotten their NOA. Do you think it's possible they could have lost my paperwork or something...I'm getting all kinds of crazy thought at this point. Next saturday is 30 days since they recieved my paperwork...
Seriously,if I made a mistake on the paperwork I would have gotten it back by now so I really think that something else is going on now. If it was all ok,they probably would have cashed my check by now so either way I look at it,it's not too good:(

Pray for me guys!

@induz_
I actually had 2 RFEs. The first one was because we forgot to send my wife's federal tax documents from last year. The second one asked for a new I-693 even though we sent it in an envelope sealed by the physician together with the rest of the application. This seemed very odd so I went back to the doctor's office and after about an hour we figured out one of the pages had a different revision date as the rest of the form. I'm guessing that's why USCIS didn't accept it because we sent the exact same form (with the revision date being the same for all pages) and it worked.
Good luck on your upcoming interview!

@MaraL
I hope there is nothing wrong with your application and you hear something from them soon. I guess there isn't much you can do at this point but I definitely understand why you're running out of patience.

Expedite of EAD was successful..card is now in the card/document production phase! success

How long does it take from the decision day to actually receiving the EAD?

I called the bank this morning and check still NOT cashed. I then called the Customer Service Center and tried to see if they could tell me anything. She told me to call back Next Friday..I begged & pleaded but she wouldn't even look into it until the 30 days are up. Well, my 30 days are up next Saturday so they will talk to me on Friday, 1 day before since my 30th day is a saturday...gee thanks:(

Frustrated.