Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hey guys!

This is for those who have done walk-in biometrics.

Can you pls tell me what day did the NOA say your biometrics was and what day did you go ahead and do the walk in?

My appt letter states Thursday, I am wondering if I should try a walk in on a Thursday or a Wednesday.

This is getting weird, putting me in two minds about weather I should even attempt one o_O

Anyhow, hope you guys have a great weekend!

Hey guys!

Can you pls tell me what day did the NOA say your biometrics was and what day did you go ahead and do the walk in?

My appt letter states Thursday, I am wondering if I should try a walk in on a Thursday or a Wednesday.

This is getting weird, putting me in two minds about weather I should even attempt one o_O

Anyhow, hope you guys have a great weekend!

Hi Noella.

My appointment was set for April 5th at 2pm in Naperville, IL. I did my walk-in on Monday, March 21st at 8am :) I think when you go in the morning and they have the ball rolling is easier for them to take you, but everyone might have had a different experience. As I said, the people at my location weren't the nicest ones, but they were nice enough to let me do it anyways.

Were you able to find anyone that have tried walk-ins at the same location as yours?

Good luck!!!
-Shely

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - Appointment letter for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm). Unsuccessful walk-in :(
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done :) Successful walk in :)

Hey all- I have been out for the last two day, was on vacation with my spouse. It seems like we are all progressing well. I received the IL on the mail today, it was in the mailbox when we got home.

Noella- I think the best time to do a walk-in in my opinion is during the afternoon. This is because most apps are set up for the mornings. If you walk-in during a busy morning, you will have high odds of them refusing to let you do it. I think Wednesday afternoon is the best time.

abhiku and Gelia- Congrats on IL.

I have decided to create a list of the Interview date that we can add as times go by for all Feb filers.

induz-April 7th
yemroy-April 27th
abhiku-April 27th
immiresearch-April 28th
Gelia- April 28th
thomkip- April 29th

Good luck everyone :)

Hey guys!

Noella, I went in on a Wednesday. My appointment was for March 31st which is a Thursday. I don't think the day matters. Also, since your ASC is 4 hours away, you have a perfect reason to do a walk-in. Just tell them you were in town for an errand and decided to get it done since you live 4 hours away and thought it would be convenient to get it out of the way while you're in the area.

Thomkip, induz, yemroy, abhiku and immiresearch: Congrats on the interview! Now let's nail this!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the well wishes guys! I am really happy.

Does anyone know how to prepare for the interview? I heard there is a list of questions on this website as well. Can someone please post the link? Thanks!

Here is a link of people's experiences and some of the questions that were asked.
http://devforums.immigrationportal....&chooseEntriesPerPage=&subcatId=127&isSearch=

I have also attached the word document containing the FAQ. It says INS, it should be USCIS. The doc was probably created a while back but it has questions that are very commonly asked. Lets all prepare well.

Here is a link of people's experiences and some of the questions that were asked.
http://devforums.immigrationportal....&chooseEntriesPerPage=&subcatId=127&isSearch=

I have also attached the word document containing the FAQ. It says INS, it should be USCIS. The doc was probably created a while back but it has questions that are very commonly asked. Lets all prepare well.

Thank you thomkip for sharing the link and the doc with us!!!! :)

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - Appointment letter for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm). Unsuccessful walk-in :(
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done :) Successful walk in :)

Hello everyone! Just a small update that we recieved the IL in the mail yesterday, my spouse was the one that ripped it and we were scheduled to have the interview 1:30pm. We have started preparing already and hopefully we will be fine.

@ Noella

My Bio. appointment was originally scheduled for thursday but i did the walk-in on a wednessday, like 3 weeks earlier. Most ASC allow walk-in on wednessdays so i will suggest to try go in on a wednessday. Goodluck

@Gelia and thomkip
Thank guys for the compliment. Yea we shall get through this successfully!

Hi February fillers :)
I am a March filler and I just received a letter for Biometrics.
The notice says that fingerprints for I-485 and I -765.
I also applied for I131 AP but the notice doesn't anything about that form.
I am concern that maybe I am not eligible or something... :(
If you could help with this concern I will be veryyyy grateful :)
Thank you and good luck

DO : Washington, DC
ASC : Alexandria, VA

03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review
03/25 Biometrics Appointment received in the mail ( scheduled for 04/18/11)

Hi February fillers :)
I am a March filler and I just received a letter for Biometrics.
The notice says that fingerprints for I-485 and I -765.
I also applied for I131 AP but the notice doesn't anything about that form.
I am concern that maybe I am not eligible or something... :(
If you could help with this concern I will be veryyyy grateful :)
Thank you and good luck

DO : Washington, DC
ASC : Alexandria, VA

03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review
03/25 Biometrics Appointment received in the mail ( scheduled for 04/18/11)

You are fine. My biometric appointment didn't mention my I-131, but I received my combined EAD/AP card. And my guess is, I-131 does not require fingerprinting. So don't worry about it. Good luck with the biometric appointment.

To those alreadt scheduled for interview, are you guys planing on going to the interview with a lawyer?

Hello @immiresearch
I don't plan to attend the interview with a lawyer. What about you? I have read that lawyers charge an upward of $650 to attend the interview with you. If true, it's kind of a little steep for me. All we plan to do it to be prepared as best as we could and give it a shot.

Good Morning and CONGRATULATIONS to all of the Interview Letter receiver's. :)

I'm so happy for all of you and I wish you all the best and luck!!!!!

Happy Monday.

Having a lawyer seems really pointless unless you are expecting a grilling. I believe my case is normal and have prepared well enough for when the interview comes.

Im not sure wasting 600 bucks plus is a good investment.

Guys..regarding the interview - will we have to get another tax transcript for recently filed taxes (february) even though they were not included when we first applied for AOS?

Just wondering if that would be an issue?

Guys..regarding the interview - will we have to get another tax transcript for recently filed taxes (february) even though they were not included when we first applied for AOS?

Just wondering if that would be an issue?

Hey ctraquair!

I am surely taking my latest tax transcripts for this year along with my sponsor's latest W2 (since he hasn't filed his taxes for this year and won't be filing until after my interview). As far as I have read on the internet, it will be required and in case you don't have them handy during the interview people were asked to send them to the interviewing officer. So to be on the safer side, I would suggest you to take the tax transcripts or W2 for 2010.
Hope it helps.

Thanks induz! Best to go ahead and get the new tax transcript ordered then.

Does anyone have that phone number on hand? I filed married, separatly..wonder if thats a problem?

Thanks induz! Best to go ahead and get the new tax transcript ordered then.

Does anyone have that phone number on hand? I filed married, separatly..wonder if thats a problem?

You can get your tax transcript from your tax filer, that's where I received it from. If not you can always request one from the IRS website here.

Requesting transcripts (individuals):

You have two easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information--tax return transcripts and tax account transcripts--by phone or by mail.

Request transcripts by calling 1-800-908-9946, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). We do not charge a fee for transcripts. Allow two weeks for delivery.

Definitions:

A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes you, your representative or the IRS made after the return was filed. In many cases, a return transcript will meet the requirements of lending institutions such as those offering mortgages and for applying for student loans.

A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either you or the IRS made after the tax return was filed. This transcript shows basic data, including marital status, type of return filed, adjusted gross income and taxable income.

Also, many married folks file their taxes separately for various reasons. I don't think that should be a problem with the interviewer as long as you can explain it. You can always blame it on your tax filer though :p

Makes sense, thanks Induz. Ill call them today and get the latest tax transcript just to be safe.

What if my explanation is...i recieve more money back from filing separatly :)