Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

@maraL,

I agree with ctraquair on this one. USCIS generally rejects all applications with any kind of errors. They even reject it if you send them extra fees for EAD along with concurrent filing. So you don't have anything to worry about. You should be seeing your cheques cashed soon. Good luck.

:0

Out of your mouth and into Gods ears.... I hope you guys are right...It is just so nerve wracking...the waiting is the worst part since you can't do anything..

Hello to all my fellow filers,

I finally finished moving my apartment over the weekend. Took all the life forces out of me. But finally done. Still no internet at my home but I hope I'll have it by this evening.
I received my 3rd update on EAD this morning but still no card. The application is now in Post-decision stage so I think they are mailing it to me now. I have moved already and if I don't receive it by tomorrow at my old address, I will have to call USCIS. I plan to complete my AR-11 today or tomorrow online. Hope that won't slow anything down for me.

@Noella - finally you have your biometrics appointment. Woohooo! Congrats to you dear. I am so happy for you. Do let us know if Dallas allows walk-in on this regard.

I hope everything goes well for all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of your mouth and into Gods ears.... I hope you guys are right...It is just so nerve wracking...the waiting is the worst part since you can't do anything..

Hey maraL, don't worry!!! Everything will be just fine! I know the wait part is just the worst of all. I believe if anything was wrong this time, they would have returned your package already. It's been 13 days since they got it. Wait a little longer and if it passes 30 days and you didn't hear from them, I would give them a call and ask.

I will be praying for your husband to get the NOA soon :)

Have a good day and be calm! :)

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

I just got the biometrics appt NOA in my mail :D

Its set for 04/15/2011 @ 3:00pm in the Dallas office.

I don't know if I wanna attempt a walk-in seeing as its a 4hr drive but I am contemplating it lol!

Maybe I can call them and see if they do allow walk-ins...well lets see.

This is one way of knowing patience pays off...

I have to thank each and everyone of you for all the support and assistance!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!YAYYY!!!!!!!very happy for you :):) -I have to go to IRS and get A verication of nonfiling for the 2009 tax year for my RFE -im making sure theres no reason for them to sent it back and then ill be back on track ad waiting again :)

Ok, I don't want to sound stupid but how are you guys getting email or text confirmations when they accept your case if you don't have your NOA with filing number on it? I signed up for the alerts on the uscis.gov website but I don't understand how your getting notified before signing up on-line? Make sense??

Thanks guys,

Maria

Thanks, Shely..it has been an adventure, we even fought deportation in 2009 while I was pregnant with our son...let me tell you it was stressful. Even to be this far in the process is a blessing!! We went to Federal court in Chicago without an attorney--just me and him and thank god when he saw I was pregnant he kept giving us extensions until our I130 got approved and here we are...waiting! Exciting & scary at the same time.

However, I do agree with you that this time if I messed it up I probably would have got it back...this is the first time I was excited to give someone a thousand bucks...lol

I'll keep you updated!!

Thanks,

Maria

Congrats @Noella!!!! yay. I'm glad you finally got your Biometrics Letter!

I'm keeping everyone here in my prayers. I'm so blessed to have found this forum and to be able to share everything. Makes the process just a little less stressful.

Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks, Shely..it has been an adventure, we even fought deportation in 2009 while I was pregnant with our son...let me tell you it was stressful. Even to be this far in the process is a blessing!! We went to Federal court in Chicago without an attorney--just me and him and thank god when he saw I was pregnant he kept giving us extensions until our I130 got approved and here we are...waiting! Exciting & scary at the same time.

However, I do agree with you that this time if I messed it up I probably would have got it back...this is the first time I was excited to give someone a thousand bucks...lol

I'll keep you updated!!

Thanks,

Maria

Maria, you and your husband have been through a lot with Immigration then. I can't imagine how stressful was to you and to him. But you finally got the I-130 approved and that's a good thing. :)

We got text and email because we have the option of sending one form with our package asking the USCIS to notify us when they receive our applications. I also did the one you did online, but it has nothing to do with the one you send with your application. If you didn't send this form to get notified that's why you didn't receive anything yet and will only receive the NOA by mail and that can take few days. So don't worry!!! You will get the NOA in the mail soon. :)

Hope you understood what I said or tried to say. ;)

Keep me updated please.

Best.
Shely

Forgot to put my signature before. Sorry!

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - Appointment letter for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm). Unsuccessful walk-in 
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done :)  Successful walk in  :)

Oh I get it! I never even knew there was a form for that...shoot! I have a feeling it will come next week! keep me in your prayers guys! I am praying for all of us too!

Thank you to everyone!

Congrats to Noella for getting the biometrics finally. I bet mine takes as long too but your faith will help us wait as well :)

Grats Induz for the move and final steps, hope you hang out with us just to say hello and inspire us all.

Thomkip thanks for pointing out what I had missed the first time. Well it was the magic word biometrics that I missed....lol

Update: As of today time is frozen and still no news.

hi,everyone!
hmmm,today i have check online case status then under my I-485 the blue dot it say" request for evidence"!!!,,
and they have this under:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Request for Evidence

On March 9, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

what is this ?,more evidence of what?,,i got the same problem before they have approved my i130 also,they wanted to know how i come and all that,so now what else is missing,offf...making this life little harder...

anyone had this ? in their case?

thank you for any advice,what to expect.? i know maybe the letter will say more when i will receive it...

i still have the biometric app on the march 31-2011 ,so.

thanks.

I'd got the same thing - initial RFE. Attorney thought that it was the mailroom person overlooked so we responded with the same documents originally submitted. The initial RFE puts everything on hold before you submit a response and the process time is set back to 0 when USCIS receives your respond. There's nothing else you could do but respond asap to restart the clock.

Called today to expedite EAD card! My current one expires very soon so i need my new one to continue working.

Will hear within 5 business days

Hello Everyone!

I finally received my EAD today. Today was my last day at my old apartment, so I am very lucky in that regard. My wife had gone there to drop off our keys and checked the mails for one last time. And there it was in priority mail in an unmarked envelop.

I also filed my AR-11 (Change of address) form online today and requested to change address on all my pending application. Couldn't view my I-130 online yet so my wife will need to call the USCIS customer service to take care of it. Will do that later in the day.

Hope everyone is having a good week and all this wait isn't getting on anyone's nerves :) Have a good day!

Last edited by a moderator:
congratz induz...man im still here waitin..its driving me crazy!! lol

Thanks @dunee88!
I noticed that we both had the biometrics on the same day. Our processing time should be similar except that your DO/ASC is in NY. That would easily be one of the busiest offices for USCIS. That would also factor in about how the cases are progressing. Do you know the processing time of other people who had the same DO/ASC? There should be a few on this forums.
Have some faith and hang on man. You should be hearing soon. Good luck and see you around.

Hello Everyone!

I finally received my EAD today. Today was my last day at my old apartment, so I am very lucky in that regard. My wife had gone there to drop off our keys and checked the mails for one last time. And there it was in priority mail in an unmarked envelop.

I also filed my AR-11 (Change of address) form online today and requested to change address on all my pending application. Couldn't view my I-130 online yet so my wife will need to call the USCIS customer service to take care of it. Will do that later in the day.

Hope everyone is having a good week and all this wait isn't getting on anyone's nerves :) Have a good day!

Hi Induz_
Congratulations for your EAD card! Its so good to hear that. I've applied exactly 1 month after you applied so I'm guessing I should hear something about my EAD status around next month :) hoping for the best as every one says here PATIENCE is the key! Does that EAD card is valid for 2 years?

Anyways, Congratulations again! and Good luck to every one :)

Congrats @induz !! So happy everything worked out!

I'm right there with you @immig4us, lets hope the month goes by fast and we will hear something soon.