Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Thank you so much @immig4us and @musicaa! And you guys are right about being almost 1 month after me, so next month around the same time you should be receiving news about your EAD/AP and god willing, be preparing for your interviews too.

@immig4us
Hey buddy! I haven't looked at the card yet since I'm at work now (I know I know I shouldn't be slacking ;)). I will get home this evening and let you know how long it is valid for, but my guess is it should be valid for around a year or so. Not sure.

So I've been looking at everyone's timeline and now I'm freaking out AGAIN:( I seem to have sent mine around the same time as everyone else and I believe a couple were sent after mine that recieved the NOA! I don't know what to think and it's not like I can call because they will just tell me to wait the 30 days!! Longestwait EVER until April 9th...ughhhh

hey guys congrats who got their EAD and biometrics appointment....
@maral
dont worry i guess everything will be fine..my package was recieved on the same day as urs..i havent heard anything till now.

@immig4us

The EAD is valid only for a year. And it acts as Advance Parole card too. And comes along with instructions as to how this card doesn't guarantee entry into the US and how it still is the discretion of the DHS and the card may be revoked anytime and other official disclaimers. The backside is machine readable just how modern passports are (mine is not :)).

Biometric Appointement

I received my Biometrics appointment today and i went to the center in Portland OR to walk in but they said i have to return back in the appointment date :( !

Send my packet : 16 February
receive Notification: 20 February
Receive the biometrics appointment : 21 March

Anyone from Portland Oregon ?

Update on my wife's case

02/14/2011: Forms (I485-I130-I765) sent
02/15/2011: Form delivered
03/08/2011: Email received with receipt numbers for each form.
03/12/2011: NOAs Received for (I485-I130-I765)
03/21/2011: FP appointment letter Received, Dated 03/17/2011. (Appointment for 04/06/2011)
03/23/2011: FP Walking done!

Hello Everyone!

I finally received my EAD today. Today was my last day at my old apartment, so I am very lucky in that regard. My wife had gone there to drop off our keys and checked the mails for one last time. And there it was in priority mail in an unmarked envelop.

I also filed my AR-11 (Change of address) form online today and requested to change address on all my pending application. Couldn't view my I-130 online yet so my wife will need to call the USCIS customer service to take care of it. Will do that later in the day.

Hope everyone is having a good week and all this wait isn't getting on anyone's nerves :) Have a good day!

Congrats on receiving your EAD. I hope that some of us Feb filers will receive the IL soon followed by EAD. I think all the Feb filers have received Biometrics and most of them have done walk-ins except Noella. Lets hope that we will all progress like you are Induz :)

@immig4us

The EAD is valid only for a year. And it acts as Advance Parole card too. And comes along with instructions as to how this card doesn't guarantee entry into the US and how it still is the discretion of the DHS and the card may be revoked anytime and other official disclaimers. The backside is machine readable just how modern passports are (mine is not :)).

Ohh thats great, Congrats again! But still you should get some papers or documents for Advance Parole? or Just EAD card is enough for AP?

Thanks for the info :)

Ohh thats great, Congrats again! But still you should get some papers or documents for Advance Parole? or Just EAD card is enough for AP?

Thanks for the info :)

I believe both are combnied now! I asked yesterday when i called to expedite EAD if that when the EAD does get expidited..would my Advance Parole be expedited too. She told me no and i would have to wait on that separately. So if you do not try to expedite it will come as a combined card.

wow @yemroy, you've been moving pretty fast. Congrats to the Interview Letter, make sure you let us know how it goes. (=

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

I believe both are combnied now! I asked yesterday when i called to expedite EAD if that when the EAD does get expidited..would my Advance Parole be expedited too. She told me no and i would have to wait on that separately. So if you do not try to expedite it will come as a combined card.

Thanks for the info ctraquair!!

Update...

Wow..As musicaa said your file is moving really fast, that is really good :)...hopefully all other Feb filers should hear something good soon!
Btw, it would be great if you mention your ASC on your timeline..Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@yemroy

Congrats on the IL man. You seem to be on an express train. You should be receiving your EAD/AP combo card soon.

@immig4us
As ctraquair said, it is a combined card as it is mentioned on the card that it can be used as a travel document too. They started issuing these since February this year.

Good Luck Yemroy!! You have to keep us update on how the interview went...now hopefuly some of that good luck will rub off on the rest off us! Can't wait until the mail comes....this could be the day!!!

hey guys congrats who got their EAD and biometrics appointment....
@maral
dont worry i guess everything will be fine..my package was recieved on the same day as urs..i havent heard anything till now.

Did you fill out the extra form to get an email & text message? I sure didn't..I wish I would have know that was available! I can't wait to see when you get yours!

maraL

I did fill the notification form.

To all:

Thanks to everyone; I hope your expectations come through soon. My advice to anyone who wants to file:

Ensure you read the instructions of each form very very carefully before filing and write down the important points. If you make no initial mistakes, then your case should at least proceed averagely fast. I read, re-read, & re-read the instructions.

Goodluck to all of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you fill out the extra form to get an email & text message? I sure didn't..I wish I would have know that was available! I can't wait to see when you get yours!

@maraL
Once you are able to see your cases online, you should be able to sign up for email and text notifications. I did the same when I could see my cases online very recently.