Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

To find out your DO or Field office, enter your zip code in the following link (scroll down to the bottom)
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

To find out your ASC, enter your zip code in the following link
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

In some situations, the DO and the ASC are the same office :)

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

I just got the biometrics appt NOA in my mail :D

Its set for 04/15/2011 @ 3:00pm in the Dallas office.

I don't know if I wanna attempt a walk-in seeing as its a 4hr drive but I am contemplating it lol!

Maybe I can call them and see if they do allow walk-ins...well lets see.

This is one way of knowing patience pays off...

I have to thank each and everyone of you for all the support and assistance!

Good evening everyone! Hope you all are doing very well. :)

So, today I tried another walk-in at the ASC in Naperville, IL and this time it was a successful one :) On Friday, March 11th, I tried if you all remember and they didn't allow me to do it, and today the lady was not different, but I told her that I had a day off and decided to try so that way I wouldn't have to ask my boss for a day off and she looked at me and told me: "I will do it this time for you, but please don't do that again. Here is just like a doctor's office that you have to respect the appointment you got". Ouch!!!! But, I don't regret trying it and I am happy she was nice enough to let me do it anyways :)

Have a great week everyone!!! Good luck to all!!!

Best.
Shely

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - Appointment letter for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm). Unsuccessful walk-in :(
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done :) Successful walk in :)

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

I don't know if I wanna attempt a walk-in seeing as its a 4hr drive but I am contemplating it lol!

@Noella

Congrats on getting your biometrics NOA today! :)

Did you get your Advance Parole before having your biometrics done? I am still waiting for mine. Hope to get it soon :)

Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - Appointment letter for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm). Unsuccessful walk-in :(

Good evening everyone! Hope you all are doing very well. :)

So, today I tried another walk-in at the ASC in Naperville, IL and this time it was a successful one :) On Friday, March 11th, I tried if you all remember and they didn't allow me to do it, and today the lady was not different, but I told her that I had a day off and decided to try so that way I wouldn't have to ask my boss for a day off and she looked at me and told me: "I will do it this time for you, but please don't do that again. Here is just like a doctor's office that you have to respect the appointment you got". Ouch!!!! But, I don't regret trying it and I am happy she was nice enough to let me do it anyways :)

Oh my god just ignore her! I don't know what's up with these ladies and trying to exert their authority. The same thing happened to me but I got it done as well! They make a big deal out of this even though most of the time, it's not even crowded and they can easily see a walk-in!

Oh my god just ignore her! I don't know what's up with these ladies and trying to exert their authority. The same thing happened to me but I got it done as well! They make a big deal out of this even though most of the time, it's not even crowded and they can easily see a walk-in!

Hi Gelia.

Exactly!!! Today that was 5 people in front of me when the lady said I could have a seat and wait, but she didn't give me the form to fill out :s. Then when everybody else was done, she said: "Ma'am step in". So I went there and the whole thing happened. I agree with you, they do make a big deal out of it. If it was packed, maybe I wouldn't even had tried because that wouldn't be fair, but the place was empty. Oh well, we were both lucky and what matters now is that we are done with it. ;)

Day 12: 03/11/2011 - Appointment letter for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in

@Noella

Congrats on getting your biometrics NOA today! :)

Did you get your Advance Parole before having your biometrics done? I am still waiting for mine. Hope to get it soon :)

Thanks Shely!

I got my AP 9 days ahead of receiving my biometrics NOA.

Thing is, in my I-131 I had mentioned that we were planning a visit to my mother's by the 20th of May so I am guessing they sent the AP first so it would get easier for us to plan our travels, but that is just a guess :)

Just a very quick update.

I still can not view my cases online, not even the I-485 & I-765 for which I got the biometrics NOA.

Just thought I should keep you guys posted on that fact :)

Good night & see yall tomorrow!

Thanks Shely!

I got my AP 9 days ahead of receiving my biometrics NOA.

Thing is, in my I-131 I had mentioned that we were planning a visit to my mother's by the 20th of May so I am guessing they sent the AP first so it would get easier for us to plan our travels, but that is just a guess :)

That's interesting, Noella!!! At least you can visit your mother now. :)

I asked the AP so I can visit my family in July. So hopefully, I will get mine soon as well. :)

Thanks for the quick response. Good luck with everything! :)

Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done :) Successful walk-in :)

That's interesting, Noella!!! At least you can visit your mother now. :)

I asked the AP so I can visit my family in July. So hopefully, I will get mine soon as well. :)

Thanks for the quick response. Good luck with everything! :)

Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done :) Successful walk-in :)

Always a pleasure to be of assistance Shely :)

My mom has not seen me in over a year now and that has never happened before so she is kind of on the edge now :) and I miss her too so looking forward to that visit.

Hope the timing sits well.

Always a pleasure to be of assistance Shely :)

My mom has not seen me in over a year now and that has never happened before so she is kind of on the edge now :) and I miss her too so looking forward to that visit.

Hope the timing sits well.

I am sure you miss her and she misses you too.

Everything will be just fine and you will have a great time with your mother. :)

It's been almost 3 years that I don't see my family and I miss them very much as well. Can't wait for July to come so I can visit them :)

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Thats great news Noella. I have always had you in my thought about getting the Bio soon. You must be excited.
About doing the walk-in, it depends. I think for me its a matter of how fast you need the GC but since you have the AP, you can use that. For me it was a 45 min drive. If it was 4 hrs, i would not have done a walk-in unless I was sure that they allowed it. What you can do is post in the Jan, Dec and Nov filers thread and see if your ASC allows walk-ins because i dont think we have any filers from Dallas ASC on this thread. If you find out that they allow walk-ins, i would go on a Wednesday afternoon. Just my two cents.
Dont worry too much about not being able to view the cases online. I know people that have only been able to view that at the later stages of the process i.e after biometrics or after receiving IL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats great news Noella. I have always had you in my thought about getting the Bio soon. You must be excited.
About doing the walk-in, it depends. I think for me its a matter of how fast you need the GC but since you have the AP, you can use that. For me it was a 45 min drive. If it was 4 hrs, i would not have done a walk-in unless I was sure that they allowed it. What you can do is post in the Jan, Dec and Nov filers thread and see if your ASC allows walk-ins because i dont think we have any filers from Dallas ASC on this thread. If you find out that they allow walk-ins, i would go on a Wednesday afternoon. Just my two cents.
Dont worry too much about not being able to view the cases online. I know people that have only been able to view that at the later stages of the process i.e after biometrics or after receiving IL.

Thanks thomkip! That is very sweet of you....

I was just thinking about it today after I got the NOA in my hand, all this time when I worried and freaked out about why I am not seeing any action I had nothing coming my way.

And just as I decided I have done my bit now I am gonna stay positive & patient, voila! I have my biometrics notice in the mail lol!

The best part is I just need to make one trip for the biometrics, the same appointment covers my I-765 & I-485 :D

Thank you once again for all the support!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You have me on the floor, laughing ctraquair!!!!

Well since I have been so optimistic most times, here goes....

As true as your thought is, I guess this also gives all of us here the opportunity to see how the system works.

Something that came to my mind a while back, and this is from info I saw on another such website, was maybe my process is taking time due to my nationality....I am most certainly not being racist so please do not get me wrong, I am way above all that jazz but its just a thought.

My entry into the US was as legal as it gets, my marriage is in good faith (super romantic story) but due to constant blocks in our way, we filed my immigration papers almost 8 months after we got married.

Maybe immigration is checking a lot of background etc on me. I am for sure they wont find nothing coz in my 30 living years I have never even got a speeding ticket so lets see how much longer I have to wait....

But all is good and it will be better when this is over :)

I have had all good signs from Day 1 and really have no grounds to complain at the moment..its just that desperation to finalize it all and not having any control over it.

I hoping that my AP comes before Easter so i can make it back to Scotland. Its been 4 years for me Noella..excited but nervous incase the AP isnt here or the interview is set for my planned dates :cool:

I have had all good signs from Day 1 and really have no grounds to complain at the moment..its just that desperation to finalize it all and not having any control over it.

I hoping that my AP comes before Easter so i can make it back to Scotland. Its been 4 years for me Noella..excited but nervous incase the AP isnt here or the interview is set for my planned dates :cool:

Hats off to you guys for being able to stay away from home for such a long time :(

I do not think I have the capacity to last that long!

As far as your travel plans are concerned, you will be in my prayers so you can go back home for a nice trip and not have to worry about the interview dates clashing! :D

However, considering that your biometrics was done on the 2nd of March, I wanna say you should hear on your card production & get your IL before you travel....they do tend to give huge gaps between when you receive the IL for an interview and when they actually conduct it.

Sorry if my response does not make too much sense :( its too early in the morning....

Some outstanding information and step to step guide on applying to expedite Advance Parole

"We read thru the posts on the forums, and we saw how some people applied for EXPEDITED advance parole in person, or thru the phone.
We sent the AOS packet with the 131 early january, and got the NOA for all that jan 26. As my wife wishes to travel by end of this month, we wanted to expedite the AP, so we went to the local office in person, after making the info pass appointment.

When our turn came, the officer at the window said that expedited APs cannot be done in person. We asked the man, 'are you sure? we know of cases where this has been done in person.' And the man said, 'no, this needs to be done through the mail.' We left and proceeded to call the 800 number on the notice 2 different times.

We spoke to 2 different agents, and after they read a script of how you can qualify for an AP, then they ask, how can they help. We asked if we could expedite the AP, and two different people on the phone told us to mail in the form as instructed on the instructions for the 131. We asked if we could do it over the phone, and both of them said no. We decided to call again next day. By the way, so sit in and navigate through all the options, takes about 10 min... wacko.gif

We called again today, and this time we spoke to an agent that after reading the same script that we got read yesterday, said: 'do you qualify for an expedited ap?' we said yes. Then she said, 'which of the following reasons do you qualify for?' We then said, emergency case. Then she said, "to expedite the ap over the phone, i need your receipt number and alien number." we gave those details and then she said, 'give me a brief reason why this needs to be expedited. If we need more proof, we will request it from you.' We gave the brief reason, she gave us a number as a reference for the call, and that was it.

Now, to get to the agent, we went through the following menus:

-When you call the 800 number that is in your NOA, you first choose 1 for english.
-in the next option, we select 2, which is to report a problem.
Then it says, 'if you know your receipt number, press 1' We pressed 1, and then you have to dial in your receipt number that starts with MSC....
-The automated voice reads back your number, and you press 1 again to verify that the number is correct.
The automated voice then gives you the status of your case, such as the date it was received, the date they sent the notice, etc.
Then when it finishes with all that, it asks you to select again from another menu.
-From that menu we selected 3, which was something like 'to report a problem with your case....'
-Again, another long menu, and this time we choose 6, to request expedited parole.
-Then we chose 1, and I don't recall what the choice was, but i think it was expedited processing.
-Then an agent comes on the line, and she is reading from a script saying stuff like, 'to qualify for an expedited ap, you must satisfy the following criteria...' When she is finished with that, then you can talk to her!!!!
So bottom line, call, and call and call, until you get somebody that can expedite it for you. AS you have read, 2 different agents told us yesterday that it couldn't be done thru the phone!!!! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif With the agent today, we didn't even open our mouth, she asked, if we qualified, and after that, she asked for details, and that was that. Of course, we don't know if it will be approved or not, and we have to wait 5 days for the answer, but, yes, you can request your expedited ap thru the phone.

Also, our appt for the biometrics is in florida; because of work we are temporarily in texas and as we are next door to the ASC, we went there to see if we could do our biometrics there, and that was not a problem. So yes, you can do your biometrics as a walk in, in a completely different office from your appointed place.
Hope this helps others. "

Noella, makes perfect sense! I figure ill recieve AP and EAD update very soon and probably have interview sometime in Mid May. Just a guesstimate though

Noella, makes perfect sense! I figure ill recieve AP and EAD update very soon and probably have interview sometime in Mid May. Just a guesstimate though

Sounds wonderful ctraquair!

Keep us posted and I am abt to call the Dallas office to check if I can do a walk-in.

Will keep you guys posted :)

So confused and worried. My husband and I have been married for four years. Finally sent off his I 485 with pics and money order on February 23, 2011. Recieved it back on March 4th as REJECTED. After calling the Service center and speaking with 3 supervisors they finally figured out I had checked BOX B instead of Box A on the I485. They sent me absolutely everyting back...the money,pictures,even the envelope I sent to them.
So I sent everything back on March 5th,they got it on March 9th and still NOTHING, no text no email, and I just called my bank who states they haven't even cashed my money order...what do you think is going on? I see on here that everyone gets there NOA almost immediately. I am freaking out...even more than my hubby who this is all for

Here's my time timeline (2nd time around)

3/5/11---Sent Package certified mail to chicago Office
3/9/11---Package signed for in Chicago
3/22/11---TODAY---and still nothing, NO NOA and check still not cashed