Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Happy St. Patty's Day All !!

Gratz to you Induz !!

Still nothing new here but now I have a timeline for all to see. Just worried about the lack of a biometric letter at this point. Thats all for now, thanks.

Gratz to you Induz !!

Still nothing new here but now I have a timeline for all to see. Just worried about the lack of a biometric letter at this point. Thats all for now, thanks.

Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day :)

@TonyGman Do not worry about the biometrics, we are in the same boat and I have learnt from experience, worrying too much will not change a thing. I am being positive and patient about the bio appt and trust me in good time, you shall have your's too :) I sent my paperwork more than a month ago, still waiting to hear on the biometrics.

Hi, all. I've been watching this and various other relevant threads closely, and I figured it was time for me to chip in myself. Am I the only person who received their biometrics appointment letter at the same time as the other receipt notices? It seems as if there's a good number of people who had to wait for theirs to show even after they'd received everything else in the mail.

Anyway, here's my timeline so far:

February 10: Mailed package containing I-485, I-765, I-130 and I-131 to Chicago.
February 11: Packages received.
February 15: Text and email notifications received.
February 17: Notice and biometrics letters sent to me. Not sure exactly when they arrived since I was out of town until the 21st.
March 17: Biometrics done

How does my timeline look so far? From what I've seen it looks as if things are moving pretty quickly for me. Fingers crossed the process doesn't slow down hereafter.

Hi, all. I've been watching this and various other relevant threads closely, and I figured it was time for me to chip in myself. Am I the only person who received their biometrics appointment letter at the same time as the other receipt notices? It seems as if there's a good number of people who had to wait for theirs to show even after they'd received everything else in the mail.

Anyway, here's my timeline so far:

February 10: Mailed package containing I-485, I-765, I-130 and I-131 to Chicago.
February 11: Packages received.
February 15: Text and email notifications received.
February 17: Notice and biometrics letters sent to me. Not sure exactly when they arrived since I was out of town until the 21st.
March 17: Biometrics done

How does my timeline look so far? From what I've seen it looks as if things are moving pretty quickly for me. Fingers crossed the process doesn't slow down hereafter.

Good morning everyone!

Congratulations charles01!

Your progress is certainly wonderful and very encouraging to see :)

If you look at the timelines for all others, you will notice that certain things do take time however its the way it works with immigration ;)

All the best for the rest and we will see you around a lot more I hope.

@TonyGman
Thank you very much! And as Noella said, don't worry about it much (I know it's difficult) and keep patient. You should be hearing something soon.

@Noella
Do you being in Texas has anything to do with you not hearing anything about the biometrics yet? I read it somewhere that a lot of family based cases were transferred from TX to CA service centers because they were overloaded. Did you case get transferred too? Are you able to view it online?

Where is your ASC located? I am also waiting for my biometrics appointment letter.

Gratz to you Induz !!

@TonyGman
Thank you very much! And as Noella said, don't worry about it much (I know it's difficult) and keep patient. You should be hearing something soon.

@Noella
Do you being in Texas has anything to do with you not hearing anything about the biometrics yet? I read it somewhere that a lot of family based cases were transferred from TX to CA service centers because they were overloaded. Did you case get transferred too? Are you able to view it online?

Hey induz,

I can not view any but my approved AP online. I can't even add the other cases onto the "my case" profile for now.

I wanna be positive and say it has something to do with the TSC being overloaded and hence maybe my case was transferred to the CSC.

But this is just me being positive lol!

Plus the NOA also states, that a biometrics appointment "if required" will be sent, I am jumping the gun here and saying, maybe they don't need me to do the biometrics since I just arrived in the US last year.

Can you guys tell me, at the end of your NOA's what state does it say the notice is from?

Mine say's Lee's Summit, MO.

PS: The move of cases from the TSC to the CSC is only for immediate relative petitions or so the notice said. So it should only affect the I-130 application then, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey induz,

I can not view any but my approved AP online. I can't even add the other cases onto the "my case" profile for now.

I wanna be positive and say it has something to do with the TSC being overloaded and hence maybe my case was transferred to the CSC.

Plus the NOA also states, that a biometrics appointment "if required" will be sent, I am jumping the gun here and saying, maybe they don't need me to do the biometrics since I just arrived in the US last year.

Can you guys tell me, at the end of your NOA's what state does it say the notice is from?

PS: The move of cases from the TSC to the CSC is only for immediate relative petitions or so the notice said. So it should only affect the I-130 application then, right?

Hey Noella,

I am pretty sure you will be required to do your biometrics since you have also done concurrent filing like most of us on this thread. It seems strange to me that you received only your AP approval since USCIS has now started issuing combined EAD/AP cards. It might be because it is not implemented across all the service centers. Not sure.
I was not able to view any of my cases online too until very recently (my signature says it all) and the ones which started showing online were only at the later stages of the process. Three of my four applications are now online and there is no word on my I-130 yet. Just the NOA which I received at the beginning. But since my I-485 is at the testing and interview stage, I am assuming my I-130 should tag along with it too.

I don't have my NOAs handy now, but I will post it once I reach home in the evening.

And because of your concurrent filing, maybe even your 485 was transferred to CSC? I am jumping my guns too on this one though, but it would only sound more logical.

Whatever be, hopefully you will hear something soon from them. Please keep up the optimism. All of us need it here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I received another text and email update a few minutes ago (I signed up for electronic notification once I was able to see my cases online) - It says again that my card production was ordered. Going from what I have read so far on this forum, does this means that they have mailed the actual card to me? If so, I might just be on time to receive it before I vacate my apartment next week. Hopefully that's what it is.

update !!

Just an update !!!I called on the 30th day which was the 14th and filed a non-delivery "thing" not sure what its called -Anyways the next day a RFE was mailed on the 15th and hopefully it will be in the mail today !!!is the RFE possibly my biometrics? hope everyone is doing good :) -will update again in a few hours after the mail comes !!

@feel ....call them on or after the 30th day and they will sort things out if u call one day before they will tell u to call back next day

Thanks. I called them thrice based on the delivery date of my AOS packet and they always told me to call after 30 days of Notice Date. What is your suggestion?

Just an update !!!I called on the 30th day which was the 14th and filed a non-delivery "thing" not sure what its called -Anyways the next day a RFE was mailed on the 15th and hopefully it will be in the mail today !!!is the RFE possibly my biometrics? hope everyone is doing good :) -will update again in a few hours after the mail comes !!

@feel ....call them on or after the 30th day and they will sort things out if u call one day before they will tell u to call back next day

Your actual card is mailed out when your case moves to PDA (Post-Decision Activity).

I received another text and email update a few minutes ago (I signed up for electronic notification once I was able to see my cases online) - It says again that my card production was ordered. Going from what I have read so far on this forum, does this means that they have mailed the actual card to me? If so, I might just be on time to receive it before I vacate my apartment next week. Hopefully that's what it is.

@Feel
@Noella
@Induz

I think My ASC would be Philly as I live in NJ but I am not 100% sure.
Also, My wife is still in Thailand until we get a visa so I would guess she needs to have the biometrics in Bangkok?

At least the waiting game is not as bad with company and warmer weather.
Thanks for your words of advice and support :)

Hey!

Waiting to hear more from you.

What is this non delivery thing that you did? I woul dliek to know a little more in detail, maybe I could give it a try too....

Hey induz,

Mine said the same address too i.e Lee's Summit, MO. And yea, i believe the case movement only affect the I-130 only but you never can tell, they might decide to move the whole package if the I-130 is concurrent because i dont think it make a perfect sense to send just the I-130 when filing concurrently. That is just my thought.

hey everyone.....im so happy to see all us February filers moving along at a decent pace....congrats to all of you who have had recent updates on your case!!
As for me, I did my biometrics today and was also able to enroll in college and applied for my first place....cant wait until we all have our GC in hand

Hey mrscarr, it's been a while on the thread!

The RFE is not your biometrics. However, it might be the clog in the wheel of your biometrics. Although i dont think both RFE and biometric are dependent but once the RFE is sent, the processing will be on hold until the response is recieved. RFE is sent when USCIS want a missing/additional document(s). The RFE could be about anything but it mostly about I-485 and I-864. You can't tell until you recieve the hard copy of the RFE in the mail. Lets know how it goes and all the best

@ MELL

Congratulations on your biometric and successful enrolment in college. That is really a good one but were you able to apply for financial aid since you only start the AOS process last month?

@ all

Wish everyone a great weekend. Hopefully positive updates are ahead of us all in the coming weeks.

All Feb Filers- It seems like we are all heading in the right direction. For those that have done biometrics, i hope you receive letters soon. For those with completed bios, lets hope the IL comes soon( I am one of them lol).

Iduz- The first email/text means that the card is being produced. The second one means that they are actually mailing it to you. So, you should receive it in about 4-5 days or could be less.

@Feel
@Noella
@Induz

I think My ASC would be Philly as I live in NJ but I am not 100% sure.
Also, My wife is still in Thailand until we get a visa so I would guess she needs to have the biometrics in Bangkok?

At least the waiting game is not as bad with company and warmer weather.
Thanks for your words of advice and support :)

Since your wife is in Bangkok, once the I-130 is approved, they will send it to NVC. Then NVC will contact her and she will do her Bios at at embassy in Bangkok. I dont really know much about NVC and consular processing for that case. Everything will work out though.