Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hi All,

Today I received biometric appointment letter :) Planning to do walk-in biometrics. Is it still Wednesday is a good day to do walk-ins? Do they ask any specific questions like why you want to do walk-in before the scheduled appointment? I got some responses saying that there is no problem to do walk-in. Just want to make sure if its ok to do walk-in hopefully this Wednesday. Please do share your experiences. Thanks a lot! and Good luck to every one!

Hey musicaa,

I don't know if you said this before, however, what was the RFE in regards to.

Hope you do not mind sharing the details....

Hey Noelle,
they asked in my RFE to send in evidence of my lawful admission in the US. Such as a copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of my passport

Ok question everyone, I sent in my I-765 after my I-485, I did my biometrics for the I-485. Today i got another letter for biometrics, this time for my I-765, does that mean i have to go again? Does anyone knows about it?

Ok question everyone, I sent in my I-765 after my I-485, I did my biometrics for the I-485. Today i got another letter for biometrics, this time for my I-765, does that mean i have to go again? Does anyone knows about it?

@musicaa - in the biometric appointment that you first received, were there 2 receipt numbers on it - on for 485 and another for 765? And was the ASC code on it '3'? If so you might not have to go for another biometrics. Else you will have to.

@induz_ : No only one, its says for I-765 and on the 1st notice it said I-485. I somehow assumed you do your biometics only one time. Oh well. I'm going to try my luck again tomorrow, same time like my last walk-in Wish me luck everyone!!

@induz_ : No only one, its says for I-765 and on the 1st notice it said I-485. I somehow assumed you do your biometics only one time. Oh well. I'm going to try my luck again tomorrow, same time like my last walk-in Wish me luck everyone!!

@musicaa - Good luck with biometrics tomorrow. You already know the drill so it should be a piece of cake now :)

hi,to all

update...

i have received today the envelope from uscis,
and it looks like :
1. birth certificate missing from my language to English.
2. they asking to do also i-485 supplement A, (245i)-also to provide proof that i have applied before april 30-2001

now i was confuse when reading supp A form i-485, part B 1. what exactly i suppose to check!,
i come here "without inspection" and i have applied the first time on april 4-2001 ,but the lawyer made a mistake on the check that he sent ,instead of 110$ he sent 120$,so
the uscis returned all papers back,so intill he fixed the problem,he send all papers back to uscis ,now i have my i-130 notice dated june 15-2001,,
so now it looks like ,i am now eligible for that law 245i!?, because it say that you must apply before april 30-2001...
i also have proof that i was here before that date april 30-2001.

so now i am lost what to do next...
hmmm,offf.

Friendly chat with NCSC....

Well just a short update.... the people at the NCSC are absolutely rude!!!! :mad:

I do understand their rush to get you off the phone, considering how you are not the only applicant they have to deal with.

Well, this is what happened: I called them to see & ensure there was no glitch in my case since I am 1 month old now with this application, just wanted to ensure there is no RFE on the way since compared to my friends timelines here I have an empty mail box :D

The lady on the line could not find my aplications (I-130, I-485 & I765) and "escalated" my call to another officer.

The first thing that "officer" said was, "your application processing times are 60-90 days, why are you calling us so early" :confused: and "I can not see you EAD application here...

I said, "Coz you sent me the AP document last Friday & that takes 60-90 days too. Just wanted ensure there is no glitch in my application or I have not missed something".

I then proceeded to give her my EAD receipt number and she say's "Ma'am you will get your EAD by the 18th of April". So I almost jumped in my seat and asked " So I should have it in my hand by then". She say's "No ma'am you will hear something on your applications by then, which will be 60-90 days from the day that your application was received". :confused:

And then she uses her usual end-of-conversation jazz of "please feel free to call back if you have any further questions good-bye"!!!!!

Anyhow, end result, I can travel but I can not do anything else :D

So I did my bit to go ahead and inquire with them. Now I shall just stay put and stay positive.

Hope everyone else is doing great today...

Hello,

had a successfull Biometrics walk-in today. Yay. Went even faster than the 1st time, didnt have to fill out all the paperwork and they only took my right forefinger print and my pic. I got super lucky.

Hoping and Praying the wait wont be too long, until I hear something again.

@Noelle - I'm sure you will hear something soon, maybe your case is a little complexer, you never know. Can you see your case online? If so i would sign up for text/email notifications, so you know when something in your case changes.

Hello,

had a successfull Biometrics walk-in today. Yay. Went even faster than the 1st time, didnt have to fill out all the paperwork and they only took my right forefinger print and my pic. I got super lucky.

Hoping and Praying the wait wont be too long, until I hear something again.

@Noelle - I'm sure you will hear something soon, maybe your case is a little complexer, you never know. Can you see your case online? If so i would sign up for text/email notifications, so you know when something in your case changes.

Hey musicaa,

Congratulations on your yet again successful walk in ;)

I have tried looking up my cases online, nothing!

Also, the AP document receipt number pulls up with the update that it has been approved and mailed, which is true since i have it in hand.

I am already signed up for email/text case updates but except for the NOA's I have never once again received any emails/txt msges.

Received my biometrics letter today. My case was a little slow to proceed because I had a special case but hopefully things are moving along now! Thank God!

Ok do you think I can go early for my biometrics. Do all field offices take walk-ins on Wednesday? How can you know since there is no number to contact them.

Hey musicaa,

Also, the AP document receipt number pulls up with the update that it has been approved and mailed, which is true since i have it in hand.

I am already signed up for email/text case updates but except for the NOA's I have never once again received any emails/txt msges.

Noella, maybe try calling again? Honestly I think it's a hit or miss when you call them. If you're lucky you get connected to a really nice person and if you're not, you get someone really rude at the other end!
I know it's hard but be patient. I am sure your case is moving along just fine since they sent you your travel document. My check was cashed 15 days after my application was filed!!! I was worried that they might reject it but I knew my case was special so I am sure they looked into it before approving it.
Hang in there!!

Hey musicaa,

I couldnt see my I-495 case online until maybe 2 weeks ago, I had to call twice cause the first woman i talked to was a total b**** (excuse my languages), the second time i had an older man on the line and he was very helpful. I agree with Gelia, its a hit or miss. Call the USCIS directly regarding your case. They should be able to help you and tell you why you cant see it online. Good luck with everything. (=

Received my biometrics letter today. My case was a little slow to proceed because I had a special case but hopefully things are moving along now! Thank God!

Ok do you think I can go early for my biometrics. Do all field offices take walk-ins on Wednesday? How can you know since there is no number to contact them.

Hey Gelia, do you mind adding your DO and ASC to your signature line.
I would try a walk-in, maybe a tuesday or wednesday. Tuesday was my lucky days twice and went at the same time. 1.30pm. Good luck with everything.

Noella, maybe try calling again? Honestly I think it's a hit or miss when you call them. If you're lucky you get connected to a really nice person and if you're not, you get someone really rude at the other end!
I know it's hard but be patient. I am sure your case is moving along just fine since they sent you your travel document. My check was cashed 15 days after my application was filed!!! I was worried that they might reject it but I knew my case was special so I am sure they looked into it before approving it.
Hang in there!!

I truly appreciate your sweet support Gelia :) and everybody else too!

Our timeline of sending the paperwork is close so I guess, as we all say, be patient & so I will.

Also, i read somewhere on the forum that it also depends on your location, as in I am way too far for anything to reach me quickly lol! Anyway it just feels nice to have such an immensely supportive group of people who walk in similar shoes and understand your circumstance. :)

Most cases which start with a MSC# do not show online ever or until very late in the process. All my receipt numbers start with MSC and I can only see my I-485 online. And that too just a week ago. Nothing else is online yet so I have no clue if there's anything going on with them.
I had called the USCIS too and an elderly officer did tell me that this may never be seen online, though it did. I am sure all the cases are progressing just fine though they are taking their own time.

Most cases which start with a MSC# do not show online ever or until very late in the process. All my receipt numbers start with MSC and I can only see my I-485 online. And that too just a week ago. Nothing else is online yet so I have no clue if there's anything going on with them.
I had called the USCIS too and an elderly officer did tell me that this may never be seen online, though it did. I am sure all the cases are progressing just fine though they are taking their own time.

I have to agree yet again.

And like I mentioned, we do not live even close enough to any major cities hence that could be a very valid factor why I may not hear from them as soon as some of us do specially when it concerns the major applications.

I am minimum 4 hrs drive away from Houston & Dallas plus with all my luck, hubby and I moved to a place which is serviced by the rural postal service!!!!

Staying positive, checking my mail box...staying calm and happy :D

Noella

Starting early Feb, work authorization and advance parol are combined onto a single card for applicants that apply for both. Your case is an exception. The question now is, did they deny your work authorization application? That should be your concern when you called them.

Hi All,

I'm planning to do walk-in. Please let me know what paper work we have to do over there? It would be great if some one tells step by step procedure for walk-in...I'm bit nervous :( I see many of them had successful walk-in's ...please let us know more info regarding walk-ins..

Thanks in advance and really appreciate your help.

Good Luck!

Noella

Starting early Feb, work authorization and advance parol are combined onto a single card for applicants that apply for both. Your case is an exception. The question now is, did they deny your work authorization application? That should be your concern when you called them.

Thanks for the information yemroy.

Now you have got me thinking overtime lol!

Hubby asks me to wait and not think so much...I donno what to do.

Should I call them and ask them, because I read about that 2-in-1 card and posted it here myself!

Or should I just wait a while and see if something shows up in the mail??

Noella

Advance parol and work authorization are just for palliative measures. What really matters is the green card, I-485 & I-130. As long as things still look pretty fine on those two forms, I would remain calm. By the way, where are you from?