Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Noella

Advance parol and work authorization are just for palliative measures. What really matters is the green card, I-485 & I-130. As long as things still look pretty fine on those two forms, I would remain calm. By the way, where are you from?

Hey again,

Well an EAD is pretty imp to me at the moment. My husband has been in an accident at work hence the rest need not be said I guess...

By origin I am from India, I lived and worked in the Middle East for about the last 4 years before I came here in 2010.

@ immig4us: Its pretty simple, I did my walk-in on a tuesday around 1.30pm. You're not allowed to bring any cellphones or purses etc. with you, so make sure you leave those in the car. All you need is your ID (passport or similar) and the Biometrics Appointment Notice I-797C. I asked the officer at the entrance if its possible to do a walk in, just be nice and smile. (= You have to fill out a form with your personal info. Name, DOB etc. Everything is pretty self explanatory. After that you wait until your number gets called. When its your turn, they will do each finger on each hand and take your picture and thats it. Nothing to worry about, if there is no wait you'll be in and out in no time.

Hope that helped.
GOOD LUCK!

Hi all

No any upadate on my end so far, just a game of calculations and hoping. Actually, based on most newark timelines, i might not recieve any update until may be, the 1st or 2nd week in april. Good thing i was kind of prepared for all this waiting game and the psychological stress that could come with it. Nothing come easy so as long as i have my green card at the end, the wait is worthy. Goodluck to everyone and we shall all rejoice and happy at the end!

@ bosanci30

Am so sorry to hear that about your RFE, hope is not that complicated as it sounds in your post. I dont know much about your case but as long as you meet the April, 2001 deadline and your lawyer was able to send the papers successfully, you should be ok (i think). I believe they just want you to send them the prove that you were physically present at that time. I guess you are using a lawyer for your AOS so he should be able to deal with it. Just make sure you are on top of the whole thing yourself because if he could made a mistake on the I-130 fee last time, who knows . . .?

The birth certificate translation should not be a problem as that is common to people from country that doesnt have English as their official language. Goodluck and do keep us updatedon how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ immig4us: Its pretty simple, I did my walk-in on a tuesday around 1.30pm. You're not allowed to bring any cellphones or purses etc. with you, so make sure you leave those in the car. All you need is your ID (passport or similar) and the Biometrics Appointment Notice I-797C. I asked the officer at the entrance if its possible to do a walk in, just be nice and smile. (= You have to fill out a form with your personal info. Name, DOB etc. Everything is pretty self explanatory. After that you wait until your number gets called. When its your turn, they will do each finger on each hand and take your picture and thats it. Nothing to worry about, if there is no wait you'll be in and out in no time.

Hope that helped.
GOOD LUCK!

Thanks a lot musciaa, your post helped a lot...Just now I came from my walk-in biometrics and it was done successfully. As you said there was no wait at all and I was in and out in 10 mins...what ever you mentioned on your post exactly thats what happened...I really appreciate your help and every one :)

So what is the next step after biometrics done? We need to wait till we hear anything from USCIS? Anybody knows how long process will be after biometrics..any rough idea??

Wish you very good luck.

Once again thanks musicaa and every one :)

Is there anyone from Houston ASC area who recently received a Bio letter? I am waiting for my bio letter and wondering how much longer it might take.
Will I be able to raise a Service Request since my application was received a month ago?

Thanks a lot musciaa, your post helped a lot...Just now I came from my walk-in biometrics and it was done successfully. As you said there was no wait at all and I was in and out in 10 mins...what ever you mentioned on your post exactly thats what happened...I really appreciate your help and every one :)

So what is the next step after biometrics done? We need to wait till we hear anything from USCIS? Anybody knows how long process will be after biometrics..any rough idea??

Wish you very good luck.

Once again thanks musicaa and every one :)

Congrats immig4us! This should speed up your EAD and hopefully IL process now.

Issuing of Advance Parole & Employment Authorization on same card - UPDATE

Hey guys,

Called the NCSC again just now, this time, as yall said, luck was with me and I got a sweet lady officer when my call yet again got escalated.

She checked the reciept numbe and said the application is under process and just becasue we get a AP document on paper and not with the new regulation EAD card does not mean that the EAD is rejected :D

I checked with her why my USCIS case study only picks up my AP filing and none of the others. She mentioned that the website is not maintained by NCSC and it has had issues for a while now.

Looks like its all good for now, she said that they had till the 18th of May to decide on my EAD since they got the application on the 16th of Feb and sent me the acceptance notice on the 18th of Feb however she also added that the decision is usually made much quicker unless the volumes are high.

I read this morning on the USCIS website about the Texas Service Center having a huge load and hence a load of cases have been sent to the California Service Center to be processed.

Here is the link :)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Hope this helps in some small way....good day everyone!

Ok guys I got back from my walk-in biometrics. I got it done but I didn't have as pleasant an experience as the rest of you guys! I told the officer at security that I am here for an early appointment and he told me it was fine but when he saw my actual appointment date (03/31) he said that that might be too early but I could still try.

Anyways I went in and there was only one lady there doing the fingerprinting. There were only two people ahead of me and none after that. So I signed in my name and filled out the form and waited to be called. When the fingerprinting lady called me, I let her know that I am here for an early appointment. She told me they don't do walk-ins and it's not allowed. She asked me who told me about going in early? I said a friend mentioned it to me (even though I found out about walk-ins from this forum! hehe). And then she told me to tell my friends that they should only come in on the day of the appointment!! (As if all my friends are waiting for a green card!?!) She said that these dates are chosen very carefully and if people come in early, it interferes with other people's appointments. But there was no one there!!! Oh and she also said early walk-ins actually hinder your application!! She was giving me a hard time for no reason! I even apologized and told her twice that if it's a concern, I'd be glad to come on the 31st, but she said no it's fine and did my fingerprinting anyways!

Anyways I think it's done and hopefully she did it right! Just a quick question....Do they only give you back the biometrics letter with the stamp? Or are they supposed to give you something else too? Also can early walk-ins actually hinder your application?? :(

Anyways I think it's done and hopefully she did it right! Just a quick question....Do they only give you back the biometrics letter with the stamp? Or are they supposed to give you something else too? Also can early walk-ins actually hinder your application?? :(
They did stamp my biometrics letter and told me this is going to be your receipt. And I have not heard anyone having a negative impacts on their process due to an early biometrics. The only thing it might do is speed up the EAD process if at all. I think they just discourage walk-ins at your ASC.
Congrats on the walk-in :)

^ Yeah I guess so. Even though the whole place was empty and it wasn't even an inconvenience! I guess the lady was just trying to exert her authority. Honestly, if it really wasn't allowed she could have just told me so and I would have come back. But no, she had to make me feel guilty for coming in early and then proceeded to the fingerprinting anyways. Oh well, it's done!

I got my biometrics done today also! It was a early walk-in and actually it was the security guy who gave me a hard time about it. Well it wasnt too bad but it seemed like he was just trying to give me a hard time and exert authority. I just tried to be polite and said that I was here cuz this week was my spring break and wondering if I could get it done this week without missing my classes. He said he would go see if they would allow me in but right after that guy left, his partner (the other security person) told me to go ahead and fill out the form. And when I got in, the lady doing my finger print was quite nice so I think it was just that one guy trying to be all tough and stuff but actually they do accept walk-in's no problem. There was absolutely no other people in the waiting room also.

Hello everyone!

I have some more updates today! My I-765 and I-131 cases are finally online. I-765 shows a status of card production and I-131 says post decision activity. So my cue is that my combined EAD/AP is approved and is into production already. MSC cases finally showing online for me. No updates on my I-130 but I am not worried about it now. As I have been saying - all the cases seem to progress even if they do not show online. For me it looks like they show online only at the later stages of the process.
Now the thing is - I am planning to move into a new apartment this weekend. I plan to file my AR-11 ASAP, but does anyone know if UPS forwards the USCIS mails? I read it somewhere that they usually return the mails if the recipient doesn't reside there anymore. I hope to receive all the mails before I move, but in case I don't, I wanna know if there's a Plan B?

Hello everyone!

I have some more updates today! My I-765 and I-131 cases are finally online. I-765 shows a status of card production and I-131 says post decision activity. So my cue is that my combined EAD/AP is approved is into production already. MSC cases finally showing online for me. No updates on my I-130 but I am not worried about it now. As I have been saying - all the cases seem to progress even if they do not show online. For me it looks like they show online only at the later stages of the process.
Now the thing is - I am planning to move into a new apartment this weekend. I plan to file my AR-11 ASAP, but does anyone know if UPS forwards the USCIS mails? I read it somewhere that they usually return the mails if the recipient doesn't reside there anymore. I hope to receive all the mails before I move, but in case I don't, I wanna know if there's a Plan B?

Congratulations induz!!!!!

Seems like most Feb filers are progressing very well :)

Apparently if the mail is stamped "return mail requested" then it will be sent back is what I have read so far.

You may want to call the NCSC and inform them that this move is about to happen over the weekend and see if they can suggest or assist in any way.

All the best & do keep us posted of the progress on this situation.

Also, ensure that you do the change of address for each pending application, not just one.

Hello everyone!

I have some more updates today! My I-765 and I-131 cases are finally online. I-765 shows a status of card production and I-131 says post decision activity. So my cue is that my combined EAD/AP is approved is into production already. MSC cases finally showing online for me. No updates on my I-130 but I am not worried about it now. As I have been saying - all the cases seem to progress even if they do not show online. For me it looks like they show online only at the later stages of the process.

Induz- Congrats on your EAD card production. You seem to be cruising fast. You are the first person to have EAD production on this thread. I hope you have been preparing for the interview. I am just waiting for my IL. I am hoping to receive my IL next week or the following week. I did check the BOISE office timelines and they are not busy. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying.

To all the other filers- Hope the process for all of us goes well.

Congrats immig4us! This should speed up your EAD and hopefully IL process now.

Thanks a lot induz_ and Congratulations to you too for your EAD/AP approval and card production. I hope everything goes well for you and for every one over here :) and do keep posted as your case progress and I agree, you are the first person to get EAD/AP approval in this thread..So approximately it takes 30 days to get EAD/AP once walk-in biometrics done right?

Good luck guys..we are getting there!

Good Morning All,

congrats induz_, so happy for you, its seems like everyone is moving pretty steady. Regarding the moving, i'm pretty sure the mail will be returned to sender, because when I applied for my I-130 last year, I moved in between and thought USPS would just forward it any mail from the USCIS. Well they didnt, they send it back to the sender, even with my mail being forwarded. So def take care of it. Hope that helped.

Wishing everyone a Happy St. Patricks Day!!! (=

@Noella
@thomkip
@immig4us
@musicaa
@ctraquair

Thanks you all for your kind words and wishes. My joys are always doubled whenever I come over to this forum for an update. This collective energy is really contagious :) Thank you again!

@Noella @musicaa

I am moving this weekend but I don't vacate my current apartment until next week (this weekend was the most convenient time for me to move). So I am hoping to receive my documents by then. If not, I will have to call up the USCIS. But I agree about the documents being sent back even if the forwarding address is set up. I am not too worried about it as I am planning to submit my AR-11 next Monday itself. And I also have the convenience of changing it online and calling up the USCIS to change it all on my pending applications. I hope it will all be smooth.

@thomkip
I am preparing for my interview alright, but focusing more on my move this weekend. I have been making copies of our joint accounts and other stuffs but it is far from complete. And my wife and I did go through the Interview FAQs document on this forum when we started our process but we will need to re-visit it. Hopefully once I am done with moving I will be able to dedicate more time to prepare and be ready as best as we can.

@ctraquair
musicaa already replied about the AR-11, but now USCIS has the option to submit it online too. Since 3/4 of my applications are now online, I should be able to do it now with a little more confidence. Our time lines have been similar till now and I also wish you be in a similar position or better as this month ends. Good luck!

And to everyone else on this thread - good luck and hope for the best. Some of us might get some updates sooner but I am 100% sure everyone's application is going on fine. Wishing all of us some patience and success in the coming weeks.

Happy St. Patricks's Day everyone! Shame it's on a weekday, but that isn't gonna stop me :)