• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any DV 2009 Winners Yet?

Dear GnAsHeR,
usimmigrationnewspaper is not an official website for DV lottery.
What they said in their March 1st announcement was about the DOS's
new regulation regarding the photos, and DOS made that statement
on Feb 11th. And more importantly that statement has got nothing
to do with the NL dates
What you read in usimmigrationnewspaper is nothing but the routine.

I think the statement from the usimmigrationnewspaper is centred on DV lottery and particularly the NL:
"Department of State, the results of the D.V. 2009 will be released in batches starting from May 2008 to August 2008."

However, the there is the possibility that it is the routine and hopefully NL would start coming in.

I think the statement from the usimmigrationnewspaper is centred on DV lottery and particularly the NL:
"Department of State, the results of the D.V. 2009 will be released in batches starting from May 2008 to August 2008."

However, the there is the possibility that it is the routine and hopefully NL would start coming in.

My source just told me that DV NL's will start getting mailed out in a few days.

nothing yet

i can confirm that in english and french forums about the lottery no one can say its recieved

you guys who know others languages can make searches in your home language and bring us informations
thanks

i can confirm that in english and french forums about the lottery no one can say its recieved

you guys who know others languages can make searches in your home language and bring us informations
thanks

I looked over my NL from last yr and it was dated March 19, 2207. I guess we should be seeing Nl's in the mail boxes of folks in the states by next wk

Hi everyone, so I should wait too , Goodluck for everyone , but looking back I think, now, it is not that much important for me to win , that it was in Sep.2007 when I was strucking in filling and sending application form in Koln in Germany , after some years living in foreign countries now, I Love My home country , good luck for uuuu dears

Hi everyone, so I should wait too , Goodluck for everyone , but looking back I think, now, it is not that much important for me to win , that it was in Sep.2007 when I was strucking in filling and sending application form in Koln in Germany , after some years living in foreign countries now, I Love My home country , good luck for uuuu dears

Very very interesting :)

Could I know what is your home country ?

Reset

Since the first target date of March 21 is past, the new target date is April 10.
From the threads in this forum, ealiest NL for dv-2007 was dated April 6, 2006 and earliest confirmed receipt of NL was April 10, 2006. [See DV 2007 Tracker thread started by GCard_dream in this forum].
If we miss that target, then we just wait till May as stated on the DV instructions

The computer will select at random individuals from among all qualified entries. They will be notified by mail between May and July 2008 and will be provided further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the first target date of March 21 is past, the new target date is April 10.
From the threads in this forum, ealiest NL for dv-2007 was dated April 6, 2006 and earliest confirmed receipt of NL was April 10, 2006. [See DV 2007 Tracker thread started by GCard_dream in this forum].
If we miss that target, then we just wait till May as stated on the DV instructions

Nope, I got my NL last yr mid march

Nope, I got my NL last yr mid march

Baba Aladura is mentioning DV2007 NLs. Your's was DV2008 :) The first NL receipt was april for DV2007 and it was March for DV2008.
By the way around mid-march your contact had told you that this years NLs were on its way. Can you please confirm this. Thanks.

impossible

its umbelivable that at this time no one receive the NL yet
maybe those who cereive the magic letter don t know this forum , but i cain t find information anywhere i am starting to get sick of it , i have my canadian PR interview soon i ll focus on canada:D

I'm Afraid!

I learnt from an "unreliable source" that US gov is not really keen on continuing the DV exercise and she is not financing the programme like before,part of what led to the increase in the fees of Visa fees at the embassy by 100%(though visa fees were increased generally but by 15-20% but DV-100%).
Most of us that are still dreaming of going to God's own conutry shud keep praying oooooooooo.

I learnt from an "unreliable source" that US gov is not really keen on continuing the DV exercise and she is not financing the programme like before,part of what led to the increase in the fees of Visa fees at the embassy by 100%(though visa fees were increased generally but by 15-20% but DV-100%).
Most of us that are still dreaming of going to God's own conutry shud keep praying oooooooooo.

they've always wanted to get rid of it but never have been able to pass a bill

hi, the problem is not the increase of the dv visa fees or financing the program it is the fear of the cancellation . because i know if they increase the fees another 100% or 200% people all over the world can still have the chance to live in america, and even if they put a fee for the entry. keep the faith and good luck for everyone.