• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any DV 2009 Winners Yet?

So from what I gather, first letters received are to people in the US?? Makes sense, as postal service to local country would be faster than to overseas. That means the rest of us, living in far-flung lands, have a week or two, at least, before we can expect NLs.

I'm on the edge of my seat. Nervous. Next couple of weeks, come home from work, run to the mailbox, praying the big white envelope is there, and not just the usual bills and junk mail. Does anyone ever wonder if theirs got lost? Or misdirected to another address and that person just tosses it into the bin instead of returning it to the post office? Horrible thought, eh? :eek:

Good luck everyone. This is my fifth try. Two applications - mine and hubby's. We're in Australia.

So from what I gather, first letters received are to people in the US?? Makes sense, as postal service to local country would be faster than to overseas. That means the rest of us, living in far-flung lands, have a week or two, at least, before we can expect NLs.

I'm on the edge of my seat. Nervous. Next couple of weeks, come home from work, run to the mailbox, praying the big white envelope is there, and not just the usual bills and junk mail. Does anyone ever wonder if theirs got lost? Or misdirected to another address and that person just tosses it into the bin instead of returning it to the post office? Horrible thought, eh? :eek:

Good luck everyone. This is my fifth try. Two applications - mine and hubby's. We're in Australia.

Are Australians that eager to migrate to the US. AM just curious

Hi John, from general conversations, I'd say the majority aren't. The ones whom I've talked to who would like to migrate to the US are young adventurous types, avid travellers who've been to the US and liked it. People like us, who aren't crazy about the isolation of Australia, which is not just a physical thing. Most Aussies are very satisfied with living in Oz, it's very nice, but it is far from a lot of things, and limited for some career choices.

Hi John, from general conversations, I'd say the majority aren't. The ones whom I've talked to who would like to migrate to the US are young adventurous types, avid travellers who've been to the US and liked it. People like us, who aren't crazy about the isolation of Australia, which is not just a physical thing. Most Aussies are very satisfied with living in Oz, it's very nice, but it is far from a lot of things, and limited for some career choices.

Thanks

Vichel, This is my fith year

This is my fifth year playing the lotto,I pray god everyday that I can be selecetd, like you I check the mailbox daily and hop to see the big white envelope. I hope this year would be our year to receive a passport to a brighter future.:)

I haven't got any notifications, and I am in the US so they should ship it faster, man.. I am losing the confidence. I am in Asia region and no one here has updated information regarding that.

Hi Guys,
I received my cousin's NL on April 7, 2008. Region: Africa. Oops! forgot to mention that it was received in the US.
Case number DV2009AF009xxx.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are palying Flip Flop game!!! one year they start From Asia and continue to europe then Africa and finally South america(Like DV2008) and the next year they start from south america to Asia(DV2009)...!!!:D

It seems the next region that will receive NL is Europe! :cool:

Hey everyone,

I recieved my NL dated March 19, 2008 in late March. I am an Australian citizen currently living in the US on a Student f1 Visa. My case number is in the hundreds i.e 1xx.

Now my dilemna is dealing with the adjustment of status. Is anyone else taking this route? I heard it is more risky, time consuming and more costly. Im not finished with school until September 2009 so I figure its the only way. Although I am going home to Australia during Christmas break for 3 weeks so I dont know if i can perhaps interview at the consular during that period. Any advice along the way would be helpful. Also any questions on the letter are welcome. Im thinking getting an attorney is best but they are so costly!

Good luck to everyone.

Hey everyone,

I recieved my NL dated March 19, 2008 in late March. I am an Australian citizen currently living in the US on a Student f1 Visa. My case number is in the hundreds i.e 1xx.

Now my dilemna is dealing with the adjustment of status. Is anyone else taking this route? I heard it is more risky, time consuming and more costly. Im not finished with school until September 2009 so I figure its the only way. Although I am going home to Australia during Christmas break for 3 weeks so I dont know if i can perhaps interview at the consular during that period. Any advice along the way would be helpful. Also any questions on the letter are welcome. Im thinking getting an attorney is best but they are so costly!

Good luck to everyone.

First off congrats!
You have a great case number. Take some time to read the various posts on this forum that relate to AOS and CP (consulate processing )
You will be in a great position to do AOS as far as I know. I will let other members to help you further, but on the face of it you should be just fine!

Thanks Alemitmee!

Does anyone know the VERY earliest possible time I can file for an Adjustment of Status based on DV-2009??

The reason I ask, is I found out I will need Advance Parole to travel home over Christmas break. This can take months to process, and I will need the reciept from my AOS filing in order for it to be processed.

With a very low case number, if current in October, you can file your I-485 on 1st October. Courier it at the end of September to arrive at the lock box on 1st Oct.

You can file the Advanced Parole forms free of charge at the same time as you mail in your I485. Our AP's came through within around 30 days so you should be OK if you submit for 1st October. They seem to prioritise base on the date of your travel, so as long as you state e.g. early Dec for travel then it should be OK. Obviously don't bank on this or book flights just in case of a delay.

Thanks Alemitmee!

Does anyone know the VERY earliest possible time I can file for an Adjustment of Status based on DV-2009??

The reason I ask, is I found out I will need Advance Parole to travel home over Christmas break. This can take months to process, and I will need the reciept from my AOS filing in order for it to be processed.

Thanks orlando, Thats a big relief that you can just send it all together. I was worried I wouldnt be able to go home but ofcourse was willing to sacrifice if I couldnt.

So my I-131, I-485 and whatever else I need all just goes in the same package in my initial delivery?