Any April 2008 Filers?

What do you think!!!

Kirkland, sorry to hear that. I am thinking something must be wrong with mine since I still didn't get an IL and nobody is probably bothering telling me.

Robyn Oli, Congrats, I can't wait for mine. At least I will not have to sign up for selective service since I turn 26 at the end of December....that's my new way of coping with this unreal Minnesota waiting time.

I forgot to mention: or perhaps I did mention it before somewhere else. I had planned a trip that I had to cancel because of the long time it took for us to get the IL. Well, after the interview and the promise that it would be only a couple weeks before we've got a favorable response I resumed my travel plans: I was supposed to be flying out today. After my Infopass on Monday I was asked (by the IO after he talked to the IO handling my case) to postpone the tickets. On Tuesday I went back to make sure that my completed G-325A form was delivered to the right person and I've got a new Infopass on Wednesday to see what happened. After that I can tell you one thing: it was not pleasant.

I talked to the same IO I had talked to on Monday and he was kind enough to actually go and try to talk again to the IO handling my case (yes, the one who's kept my file for 30 days on top of her desk w/o doing anything about it) it turns out she hadn't showed up to work... imagine that. So after many explanations, we requested to see a supervisor. Waiting for the IO to find out about my IO took about 30 minutes, and after that we waited for about 2 hours to get to see the supervisor... I do not want to go into the details, but we had a really unpleasant exchange in front of all the people waiting for their interviews: she insisted that I was trying to get "privileged" treatment for my case and that she was not going to have another officer looking over it. Incidentally, I just want to mention that I never asked for my case to be transferred. I only wanted to know why on earth, after we were told that the case was going to be out of the office and gone to Nebraska, was my file still in the same office since the interview date. In the end the supervisor agreeded to have my IO to stamp me passport next day (Thursday) when she showed up to work. I went there this morning and did not see the supervisor. I was called by a new IO who asked me for my ID and my passport and explained she had been authorized to give me a temporary stamp, so I could travel. I finally walked out with a stamp in my passport and will be travelling next week, but my actual GC will be mailed out only in 3-4 weeks. According to the new officer final approval is given by a 3rd IO who will review my case (ready for approval) next.

This process doesn't make sense.

All I can say is: keep an eye on your cases, and good luck!

Enjoy your GC!!!!

I recieved my GreenCard too.. it was in todays mail!!
im soo excited and relieved that all the GC stress is
over with for the next 21 months or so!

Congrats to everyone else who has recieved theirs,
and hang in there to those who are still waiting!

Well, that was a nice X-mas present :D

Good luck in the nex 2 years: see you when you apply for the I-751 :D

BumbleBee congrats!

wow Kirkland, what a story, but I'm glad you have your stamp and can travel now!

Thanks for the congrats :)
I am glad this will be over soon (at least for two years)
mboss I am sure that your is in the mail!
that story is crazy Kirkland, but at least you stayed on top of it.
Sometimes this can be so frustrating.
Hope everyone is doing well :)

I had my interview on 11/06, not a word from USCIS since...
There is nothing left to do, I'm more anxious than the months before...

You're right!

I had my interview on 11/06, not a word from USCIS since...
There is nothing left to do, I'm more anxious than the months before...

I would've waited, but I had to inquire what was going on because of my trip... but do not be anxious: my DO seems to be quite slow but all of us have been receiving the approvals at some point, so you can be almost 100% certain that you will receive it.

IT HAPPENED. TODAY I GOT THE IL. I was starting to think I might have to schedule infopass. My interview will be January 26. St. Paul must really be the slowest DO in the country. I have a quick question too? Should I be concerned at all about traveling on AP home for the holidays? Would you bring the interview letter along just to have more proof when getting back. I had to have my passport renewed so I don't have any of the former visas. Also, do I surrender I-94 when I leave in couple days and then fill a new one when I arrive or do I not have to fill one when coming into the country on AP. Thanks for helping me hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good news!

IT HAPPENED. TODAY I GOT THE IL. I was starting to think I might have to schedule infopass. My interview will be January 26. St. Paul must really be the slowest DO in the country. I have a quick question too? Should I be concerned at all about traveling on AP home for the holidays? Would you bring the interview letter along just to have more proof when getting back. I had to have my passport renewed so I don't have any of the former visas. Also, do I surrender I-94 when I leave in couple days and then fill a new one when I arrive or do I not have to fill one when coming into the country on AP. Thanks for helping me hope.

mboss13: we all know how it feels :) congrats!!!!

About your questions: you should be OK with your AP if the do not stamp your passport (per supervisor @ USCIS office during argument on why I could not travel if they did not stamp my passport.) If they stamp your passport you don't need any proof of anything: I have used mine, although you can barely read it: the I-551 and the permanent resident parts are not readable at all, and when I came back from Canada they did not ask me anything at all, the only words I've heard were: "welcome back!" I've also used it to get the visa for my upcoming trip: the visa was approved without a problem.

As far as the I-94: I do not know, but I suggest you ask your IO @ the interview or wait until someone else here can answer that.

Thanks. That's the thing, I plan on leaving now in December and my Interview isn't till January 26th. I think I better call USCIS and make plenty of copies.

Thank you Everybody!
On 12/17 I got the welcome letter and online it said card production ordered...
Finally!

Card Production Ordered for me as well, just got the email update a few minutes ago, following three weeks of dead silence after our interview!

Happy New Year!

Hey Guys,
Hope everyone had a happy and safe new years!
Now that I can travel out of the Country we are
planning our vacation to Australia to see my family
for June of this year, I just had a couple of questions..
Do i need to apply for a US passport?? I still have my
Australian one, to get back into the US can i just
use my GC or do i need a passport too?? We have a
2 year old daughter, I will need to apply for a passport
for her aswell right?? I looked it up online but couldnt
get a clear response.

Has everyone from April thread got their GC's now??
Or atleast card production email...

Hey Guys,
Hope everyone had a happy and safe new years!
Now that I can travel out of the Country we are
planning our vacation to Australia to see my family
for June of this year, I just had a couple of questions..
Do i need to apply for a US passport?? I still have my
Australian one, to get back into the US can i just
use my GC or do i need a passport too?? We have a
2 year old daughter, I will need to apply for a passport
for her aswell right?? I looked it up online but couldnt
get a clear response.

Has everyone from April thread got their GC's now??
Or atleast card production email...

1 - You cannot apply for a US passport since you are not a US citizen. Use your Australian passport.
2 - Get a passport for your daughter - apply for it now so you get it back in plenty of time.

Got the welcome letter this weekend!
Just a silly question... Since they didn't approve me on the day of the interview, I do not have the I-551 stamp in my passport. I there any reason I should try and get that stamp in my passport now, or just wait until I get the card (I already have my EAD card and I am not planning to leave the country until March)
Thanks
Good luck to all

Stamp

Got the welcome letter this weekend!
Just a silly question... Since they didn't approve me on the day of the interview, I do not have the I-551 stamp in my passport. I there any reason I should try and get that stamp in my passport now, or just wait until I get the card (I already have my EAD card and I am not planning to leave the country until March)
Thanks
Good luck to all

Hey rein021d! I did go to get an stamp because one week before my trip I hadn't received the card and without AP I couldn't leave the country. In my particular case the IO apparently forgot to finish my case and that caused a delay in the processing of my GC. I would wait. Unless you've waited over a month because that might indicate that your IO (just like mine) forgot about your straight forward case :) But since you've received the welcome letter I'd just buy beer for everyone :D Good luck!

Update

I hope everyone has had a fantastic holiday season and best wishes for a successful 2009!

I went on a fantastic vacation trip to India and if you have not visited the country I highly recommend you to do so. It was the most extreme adventure I've experienced in my life. It was great!

After I got my I-551 stamp on 12/04/08 I left the country and just came back yesterday. Nobody in India knew about the stamp and when I was coming back home they asked me a few x-tra questions about it. The girl at the airline ticket counter didn't accept it until I showed her my EAD. At the airport in the US I was sent to an office where they looked up my A# and verified that I was a LPR. No big deal. And when I got back home my GC was in the mail. It was issued the same day I got my stamp (12/04/08) but it was mailed out on 12/30/08. I don't know exactly when did it arrive.

Good luck to everyone. If I can help anyone in anyway please do not hesitate send me a message. I plan to stop visiting the forum for the next 21 months :)

That's it! Green card in hand, arrived in the mail today, 10 days after the welcome notice was issued! Thanks to all of you for helping make the wait more bearable and good luck!

Well finaly had the interview. We brought ton of evidence and it went pretty smooth. The officer even said she wished everybody brought everything as ready as us. Then at the end she said that the I-130 will be aproved, but nothing about the GC. SO I went ahead and asked if we got aproved and again she said that the I-130 will be aproved and that that should lead into the aproval of the I-485 and that we should expect a letter. But no Yes directly, so I am kind of puzzled. I felt the interview went fine but I got no response out of it. The case online just changed to touched but still pending.

Don't worry Mboss I am sure you were approved!
I had my interview last week, it was so simple, the guy we interviewed with was super nice! He approved us, I got my welcome letter yesterday:)

I-130 for father

It took almost 9 mons for my father's 130 to get approved. I am not sure whats next. Please advice for any tips/actions that I can do..

I-130 for father
-------------------------------------------------------------
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Case Received and Pending
April 11: [Day 6 ] Service center - Service center - Vermont
Feb 02: [Mon 9] I-130 Approved..Finally :)
-------------------------------------------------------------