Any April 2008 Filers?

You're welcome!

Thanks for the help Kirkland.
I keep trying to make an appt. at infopass but it keeps giving me this message 'At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.'
Anyways so I ended up calling USCIS and spoke with someone, she said I should not worry and that my case is still inside processing times.
SOooo I guess I will just keep on waiting! :)

I usually just keep trying @ different times of the day. And like I told you I do it for peace of mind: to know that my file is in a "known" location and that it is moving :)

Waiting is not fun :(

I'm still waiting for my "card production ordered" email...

Quick update. After my GC was approved Oct 31 they took my AP and EAD docs... which would have been fine except I had flights to Australia for Nov 4! So I went to the DO on Nov 2nd and waited all day to get the stamp in my passport, I've written about it here before but essentially I got lucky and they gave it to me.

My GC arrived on Nov 6 while I was gone, exactly one week after our interview... so much sooner than I expected! When I came home through LAX with my stamp they sent me to secondary inspection, I just sat and waited a couple of minutes while they checked my file and they let me go without any questions.

Congrats to everyone else who has received their GCs, and good luck for those still waiting!

Congrats

Hi guys! I had my interview on Monday, it went very smooth and I was told that the IO recommended approval, today online status changed and it says that they ordered production of my card on Monday! I'm so happy! Tonight I bought ticket for myself and my hubby to go visit my homecountry for the holidays!

hey Ella, Congrats..looks like APRIL filers are on a roll. My wife and I are also going to our home country for xmas..its been almost 6 years..congrats to everyone!!

thanks bimori...

guys, I have a question - how long did it take for you to get your GC in mail after approval? It has been a week since I received an email that my card was sent and 2 weeks since my approval and I still haven't gotten my card. I received welcome to USA letter 9 days ago. Should I worry?

Hows everyone doing? Oh Happy ThanksGiving to all.
I recieved my I-485 Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice
a couple of days ago. Very exciting. So hopefully GC is on its
way soon. Whats everyone's status??

Kirk you heard anything about your case yet??? Hang in there!

happy thanksgiving......still no IL.......just got off the phone with a friend of mine, who filled in July and got his IL yesterday, his DO was Miami though. Can St. Paul really be this slow?

M Boss all the cases are different i have 50 days waiting for the EAD, after the RFT I sent it to them.

I sill haven't recieved my GC. It has been 10 days since the email "card sent". 10 days in the mail that's such a long time. Do you think it's lost? I am really worried.

I sill haven't recieved my GC. It has been 10 days since the email "card sent". 10 days in the mail that's such a long time. Do you think it's lost? I am really worried.

I dont think it would of got lost in the mail.. if you have been recieving all ur other documents from uscis.. one thing we should of all learnt from this process is paitence lol i wouldnt worry too much ella i am sure u will recieve ur GC soon. =)

hello

Hi, I just wanted to know what field office was processing your documents because I applied since 3/18/08 and still havent gotten my Green card. My case is being processed in Missouri/Nebraska.

Thank You

I have received everything (all the mail) so far but my GC, I am so nervous because I need to travel in 3 weeks... It has been almost 3 weeks since the approval. The card was sent on Nov 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Letter Received

Marriage based April Filing Indianapolis DO

I got the welcome letter. It said that I should be getting the green card in mail over the next three weeks. I think it takes at least 10-14 days to get the actual GC in mail from the time you get the "card production ordered" email.

I-485, I-765, I-131 applied on 04/03/2008
Received Date 04/04/2008
Notice Date 04/08/2008
Notice Received 04/11/08
FP notice 04/14/08
FP appt : 05/01/08
FP done: everything was over in 15 min; the lady told me to expect the EAD in two weeks to three months.
Interview notice: 06/05/08
Interview date : 07/14/08
LUD EAD ordered email: 06/18/08
LUD AP approved email: 06/18/08
AP in snail mail: 06/23/08
EAD in snail mail: 06/26/08
Interview done: 07/14/2008 (approvable but security check pending)
Card Production ordered email: 11/19/08
Welcome Letter Notice received: 11/28/08

Wish you all the best.

Wow!
Made an info pass appt last week for today at 245 but then went to check the mail this morning and my interview letter was in there, it must have came on Saturday
Anyways my interview is Jan 21st and 845 am, this makes me feel so much better FINALLY!

GC received

Marriage based April Filing Indianapolis DO

Received the GC today. Feel so better. It took me roughly 2 weeks including the holidays to get it in mail since the "card production ordered" email. I think 2-3 wks is about the time it takes. My lawyer also said the same.

I-485, I-765, I-131 applied on 04/03/2008
Received Date 04/04/2008
Notice Date 04/08/2008
Notice Received 04/11/08
FP notice 04/14/08
FP appt : 05/01/08
FP done: everything was over in 15 min; the lady told me to expect the EAD in two weeks to three months.
Interview notice: 06/05/08
Interview date : 07/14/08
LUD EAD ordered email: 06/18/08
LUD AP approved email: 06/18/08
AP in snail mail: 06/23/08
EAD in snail mail: 06/26/08
Interview done: 07/14/2008 (approvable but security check pending)
Card Production ordered email: 11/19/08
Welcome Letter Notice received: 11/28/08
Green Card Received: 12/01/08

Wish you all the best.

Update

Well, there are many of you to congratulate these days, so I'm sending a massive CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D to all of you who finally can breathe and stop checking email/mailboxes on a daily basis!!!!! Hope you've also had a nice Thanksgiving and are ready to celebrate a fantastic end of the year with or w/o GC :D

I have news on my case, and they're not good. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I went for an InfoPass yesterday to find out that my file is still sitting at the DO and no one had bothered to review it. We waited until finally we were told that some information from the 325A form was missing, so we filled out a new form and the IO told us we would get a call as soon as something happened with the case. So I don't know what's going on, and I'm waiting for that call...

hi guys, I received my GC today in the mail, finally! The delay was caused by my post office, they kept the mail that wasn't delivered when the was a construction in our biulding and they finally decided to deliver it after my phone call on Monday!
I'm so happy and relived!

Kirkland, sorry to hear that. I am thinking something must be wrong with mine since I still didn't get an IL and nobody is probably bothering telling me.

Robyn Oli, Congrats, I can't wait for mine. At least I will not have to sign up for selective service since I turn 26 at the end of December....that's my new way of coping with this unreal Minnesota waiting time.

Finally!!

I recieved my GreenCard too.. it was in todays mail!!
im soo excited and relieved that all the GC stress is
over with for the next 21 months or so!

Congrats to everyone else who has recieved theirs,
and hang in there to those who are still waiting!