Answer in 6 months

thank you, jhwilla!
so do you know if they are doing IBIS? and take 4 years?! that's crazy! which means once you finish it and your FBI NC has expired then get into FBI again? damn, it's a never ending story! perhaps you should ask them what king of check they are doing now and who is the agent, such as, FBI, CIS..etc

do you plan to file a WOM to against whoever is doing it? I am thinking about it now and collecting all the information. let me know if you need anything and we can share information.

jhawilla said:
I sand a letter to Washington congressmen office a month ago and they forwarded it to the district office .
I just got a phone call from my congressmen representative secretary, about an inquiry made by them, in VSC a week ago via e-mail. They received an e-mail saying that my case is under "security checks"[nothing new] and I should have an answer in 90 days. Asked if these checks are the same as FBI checks, I was told that it`s diferent and can take as long as 4 years period waiting for resolution.
Does anybody in here has the e-mail address from VSC?

bobyang3 said:
I got the same letter but instead of "security checks" it said "background investigation". does it have a different meaning? does this mean stuck in Name Check?
thank you!

If it helps I have had all " Certain back ground Checks"
"Necessary Security checks" , "Background checks" ( this one verbally)
"case Pending Review" and more recently "security checks " again.........
The funny part is I was informed by an Immigration officer ( not a customer service agent) that my Name check /Back ground check was complete at an Info Pass in December of 2005.
So I dont what the H#@# is going on with my case.
Also I just got a 3rd FP appointments ( Got me excited) but then recd a letter case is "awaiting results of certain security checks)

A friend of mine has his case in my portfolio. Today, I noticed a new LUD with the same updates: Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card Mailed

On June 23, 2004, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
What this means? It`s just another computer glitch or VSC personal are playing around (they have no other things to do)?
:eek:

Updates on old Applications

My wife's 4th/5th (lost count) was approved recently. Interestingly, i found that our old EADs (for me and my wife) that were approved in July 2004 also had the same LUD but with the old message. Don't know howcome such old EAD receipt #s got updated too.

People in this Sub-forum, any transfers to Texas? Pls, update.

Last edited by a moderator:
03/12/2007: USCIS Confirms 485 Transfers from VSC, CSC to TSC, NSC

AILA has reported the USCIS HQ confirmation that I-485 applications are currently being transferred from CSC to NSC, and from VSC to TSC, including the cases which are subject to visa retrogression and security and background checks. The USCIS has also confirmed our report that the USCIS online system is being updated to reflect the transfers and that transferred cases will go into the queue based on original filing date and not the date of the transfer.

My case is not transferred, that means that my security checks are done.

03/12/2007: USCIS Confirms 485 Transfers from VSC, CSC to TSC, NSC
My case is not transferred, that`s means that my security checks are done.

Hi,
My dep case is not transferred so far. I called two months back and was told that security checks are pending. Did you find out about your security clearance or is it just a guess?
Thanks

Hi,
My dep case is not transferred so far. I called two months back and was told that security checks are pending. Did you find out about your security clearance or is it just a guess?
Thanks

I`m just guessing. Maybe we are going to be transferred to TSC in the upcoming weeks. Who knows, but I don`t think so and I hope not.

Mine is not transferred either. I've been tracking I485 cases filed on my RD (9/16/05). Those unapproved cases around me were all transferred to TSC on 3/15/07. I'm more confused than ever now...

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I140-RD Sep 05, AD Jan 06
I485-RD Sep 05
Inquiry #1: Nov 2006 - Ignored
Inquiry #2: 1/08/07 - Received a letter on 1/13/07 "background check"
Contacted Senator: Jan 23-30 thru email, fax, mail
CIS Ombudsman: 1/31/07 >> 3/1/07 got that useless 45-day answer letter
Contacted Congresswoman: 2/01/07 >> 2/15/07 a letter sent to FBI. No response yet

Mine is not transferred either. I've been tracking I485 cases filed on my RD (9/16/05). Those unapproved cases around me were all transferred to TSC on 3/15/07. I'm more confused than ever now...

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I485-RD Sep 05
Contacted Congresswoman: 2/01/07 >> 2/15/07 a letter sent to FBI. No response yet

In my opinion, they are going to transfer cases untill 02APR07 when VSC meet the deadline to start receiving family based cases, the beginning of the second fase of the bi-specialization program.

jhawilla,

I like your interpretation about transfer and security checks. Let's hope for the best. Please update your status whenever you hear anything fro USCIS. I'll do the same.

name check complete

I just made a follow-up call to congressman's office. According to the FBI, my name check was complete as of 3/5/2007. The representative's office will send out another letter, this time to USCIS. USCIS no longer can quote the name check excuse! But then again, I'm afraid they're capable of coming up with something else. I'm sick of it!

Transfer Status - Amid the recent case exodus to Texas, mine remains in VSC...

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I485-RD Sep 05
Contacted Senator Clinton: Jan 23-30 thru email, fax, mail > No Response
Contacted Congresswoman: 2/01/07 >> 2/15/07 a letter sent to FBI. >> 3/23/07 reply- name check complete 3/5/2007

I just made a follow-up call to congressman's office. According to the FBI, my name check was complete as of 3/5/2007. The representative's office will send out another letter, this time to USCIS. USCIS no longer can quote the name check excuse! But then again, I'm afraid they're capable of coming up with something else. I'm sick of it!

Transfer Status - Amid the recent case exodus to Texas, mine remains in VSC...

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I485-RD Sep 05
Contacted Senator Clinton: Jan 23-30 thru email, fax, mail > No Response
Contacted Congresswoman: 2/01/07 >> 2/15/07 a letter sent to FBI. >> 3/23/07 reply- name check complete 3/5/2007
Hi. Who was the congresswoman you contacted? My inquiry to Sen. Clinton also was left without response. THanks

Hi. Who was the congresswoman you contacted? My inquiry to Sen. Clinton also was left without response. THanks

I contacted Representative Carolyn Maloney. Go to http://www.house.gov/ you can enter your zip code to find out which congressman covers your neighborhood. In my experience, they're much more responsive and approachable than Senator's office. Good luck!

splendini: Take it easy!... I, also, think that your case wasn`t transferred to TSC `cause FBI NC is done, but VSC still can say that they`re waiting results from another external agency to make a decision over your case. They call "security checks"=FBI FPC+FBI NC+ IBIS NC*. In this case, the situation is worst, `cause you don`t know where it is. This "security checks" can be an excuse, also, just to put us on hold [workload].

Congratulations on your GC approval!

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I485-RD Sep 05

plans...

Congratulations on your GC approval!

Before issuing a green card or swearing in a naturalized U.S. citizen, González's agency needs a green light from the FBI that the immigrant is not a terrorist or a criminal. Tens of thousands of applications are delayed waiting for the FBI to complete background checks.

Ninety-seven percent of applicants are cleared in less than six months, González said, but 3 percent get stuck in name-check limbo. The situation has led thousands to sue González's agency.

González is negotiating with the FBI on ways to speed the process as early as September. One solution: His agency may pay the FBI more money and provide trained clerks to cut back on delays.
Immigration advocates are unhappy, calling the proposed fees outrageous. But even if immigrants can pay -- Citizenship and Immigration Services will waive the fee in hardship cases -- some advocates doubt the agency will deliver better service.

''The goal is a good one, but our experience is promises of improvement after fee increases have not been met,'' said Flavia Jimenez, an immigration and policy analyst with the National Council of La Raza in Washington.