• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Sasudt, this is your day, we are praying for you. God be with you. Keep us posted as soon as it is within your power, don't keep us in suspense for long, lol. God bless you.

Thanks gh50!!
This is new to me reli..lol boys bi wild oo.. Wots dis percentage of concession? Hope de US ppl don't deem as a potential public charge characteristic oooO. .

@ Roselyn's, pls come explain more for us. Read on their website but more intel will do.
Cheers

Not at all.

DN2L,
International organization on Migration. (IOM)

1 thing i like to do...2research on what i do not know cos Roselyna u didnt tell us briefly what they do...
on a lighter note u say boys abr3...i think gals so abr3 wrt this Lottery thing...lol;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha... i was looking for the meaning of the IV circled on the visa collection slip and there came roselyna... Thanks..
@nuna... we dey wait ooo.....
whos up next moro?

sasudt...
IV = Immigrant Visa
cheers

Well for me I don't think that DV lottery winners went for interview today. We just presented ourselves and documents, and the visas were approved

We got to the embassy at exactly 6:05am because we needed to take our extra passport pictures. After the picture we went to sit under the trees. I could estimate the number of people coming for interview around 60 and at 6:45am we were called to queue. We were separated into immigrant and non immigrants, and the usual checking of names and other security checks followed. Like it has been the practice all phones and other electronic gadgets were taken at the entrance.

Inside we were called to window 1 a form was given to us fill and pay the amount in relation to our case. I was frustrated by the cashier cos he wants the exact amount you are paying nothing more or less, and myself and other dv winners had 100 and 50 dollar notes and he wont take part dollars and part cedis so we had to leave the embassy to labone coffee shop there about to break the 50 dollar notes down. Inside the embassy this cashier(man) had to use magnifying glass to check the dollar I am paying frustrating me the more cos I just wanted to be in a relax mood before I get to the CO.

Some DV guy was tense up about this affidavit of support and I spoke of the forum to him and assured him that it will not be needed, cos the forum members made enquirers and were told it was not needed.
After the payment we presented our documents both original and photocopy and to wait, and I saw my initial entry information, the forms and picture we sent KCC after winning. DV winner were about 8 including me, all of us had our interview at window 5, and I with my wife and son were the last to interviewed and no dv winner spent up to 5 minute at the window I could estimate 2 or 3 minutes, or at most 4minutes for the DV winner and all of us left with the visa pick up tickets. Now to my interview

Me: good morning
CO: good morning how are you?
Me: and fine thank you
CO: put your index finger on the machine
Me: I did
CO: do you affirm to tell me the truth on the your forms
Me: (I remember DN2L's confirm & told myself chaley dey on guard lol) yes I affirm
CO: took my forms, did you send 2 forms he laughed
Me:I updated the forms when my son was born
CO: ok what do you do?
Me: I am a teacher
CO: where and for how long?
Me:Kpando and almost four years
CO: when was your son born/
ME: June 2013
CO:when did you marry?
ME: June 2012
CO:do you have any evidence to support your marriage?
Me: yes, gave him some pictures. He just looked at about 4
CO: how long have you known your wife?
Me: almost 6 years
CO: your visa is approved. I will you a collection ticket to come for it on Friday. Do not make any flight or travel arrangement, do not quit your job till you get the visa.
Me: thank you.

it was roughly 2 minutes.

My wife was just a spectator just beside me and she was not asked "the"

This is what God can do.

nuna6, at my time d C.O. in window 5, if they dont swap them and is the very 1 who interviewed u 2, is a young "good looking" :D and friendly lady... shes called Katherine Hoop. she did my interview. she is very nice to talk to. God bless her!!!
glad ur wife was not engaged. ure really fortunate. on my day i saw couples being "grilled" some taking as long as 25 minutes at a window.
ure safe man...enjoy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
nuna6, at my time d C.O. in window 5, if they dont swap them and is the very 1 who interviewed u 2, is a young "good looking" :D and friendly lady... shes called Katherine Hoop. she did my interview. she is very nice to talk to. God bless her!!!
glad ur wife was not engaged. ure really fortunate. on my day i saw couples being "grilled" some taking as long as 25 minutes at a window.
ure safe man...enjoy!!!

Nyame ne hene,lil kay 3 working days more.

Can i start with my Medicals and police report since my case is 25***. If yes, then how much will i need for my medicals only since my sister is a police woman at central police station in Kumasi. And the last question is, I have gone for Affidavit because my date and month of my birth was correct on my Wassce certificate but my year of birth on it was wrong. I told waec about it and they said they can't do anything about because that is what they had for it so i can go back to my school for a report if only the mistake was made from my school. I went and they went through my file and saw that they made a mistake so i was given the report. I was advise by our secretary to go for an affidavit to attach with my cert plus the report to the interview and i have gone for that. Hope i have nothing fear thou. God is going to see us through successfully. may he Guide us and protect us all.

Can i start with my Medicals and police report since my case is 25***. If yes, then how much will i need for my medicals only since my sister is a police woman at central police station in Kumasi. And the last question is, I have gone for Affidavit because my date and month of my birth was correct on my Wassce certificate but my year of birth on it was wrong. I told waec about it and they said they can't do anything about because that is what they had for it so i can go back to my school for a report if only the mistake was made from my school. I went and they went through my file and saw that they made a mistake so i was given the report. I was advise by our secretary to go for an affidavit to attach with my cert plus the report to the interview and i have gone for that. Hope i have nothing fear thou. God is going to see us through successfully. may he Guide us and protect us all.

Bro kindly wait for the visa bulletin which i believe you might 'sneak in' before you start with the medicals and even with that they would need your second letter so please relax. Police report is done only @ CID office @ Accra headquarters, i stand to be corrected though.

hahahahahaaaaa.....the Gud Lord has done it again... successful! successful!! successful!!!.....

Bro kindly wait for the visa bulletin which i believe you might 'sneak in' before you start with the medicals and even with that they would need your second letter so please relax. Police report is done only @ CID office @ Accra headquarters, i stand to be corrected though.

Thank you GH50...but what about the other question?

hahahahahaaaaa.....the Gud Lord has done it again... successful! successful!! successful!!!.....
Glory be to God, we thank God, what a quick update! Congratulations. We pray the baton of success will be handed to Lilkay by next week and Raphoo.

Sasu, we would be waiting for the rundown after you take a bottle of chilled coca cola.lol
Am so happy for my 'november brothers'. 2 more to go

tnx guys may the good Lord grant you all with your visa's....i really appreciate your support...
i think i got the fastest interview here....lol

after paying and taking finger prints...(as normal process)... i was called to window 4.

me: gudmornin
co:(lady) mornin, how u?
me: gud
co: do u swear u re on dis forms.
me: yes plz
co: ok sign wer i hv marked green
me: done
co: wat do u do?
me: student
co: which year u completed high skul.
me: 2008 instead of 2006 ( i tld her am sori 2006)
co: oooh no problem...

then she gave me a blue sheet ( visa pick up on friday 8th nov).
she wrote my name already on the blue sheet before interview me. i saw it first so i was very happy before she started to ask questions..lol
Everything was like 20 second....

thnx everyone, dis forum is really great and helpful..trust me.. and plz i will advice u to buy a big envelope and take way all ur stress, nervous, panic, fears inside and seal it and liv it at home before u go (lol am kidding)...plz Trust me it is flexible no need to worry about anything if u hv all ur documents....
Gud luck to follower, the lord presence is with u all as he said in his word....

tnx guys may the good Lord grant you all with your visa's....i really appreciate your support...
i think i got the fastest interview here....lol

after paying and taking finger prints...(as normal process)... i was called to window 4.

me: gudmornin
co:(lady) mornin, how u?
me: gud
co: do u swear u re on dis forms.
me: yes plz
co: ok sign wer i hv marked green
me: done
co: wat do u do?
me: student
co: which year u completed high skul.
me: 2008 instead of 2006 ( i tld her am sori 2006)
co: oooh no problem...

then she gave me a blue sheet ( visa pick up on friday 8th nov).
she wrote my name already on the blue sheet before interview me. i saw it first so i was very happy before she started to ask questions..lol
Everything was like 20 second....

thnx everyone, dis forum is really great and helpful..trust me.. and plz i will advice u to buy a big envelope and take way all ur stress, nervous, panic, fears inside and seal it and liv it at home before u go (lol am kidding)...plz Trust me it is flexible no need to worry about anything if u hv all ur documents....
Gud luck to follower, the lord presence is with u all as he said in his word....

Wow that was short...congrats..I pray for that kind of interview..I'm a student too...these success stories are amazing!!