• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

2 Passport pitures again?
Did you not add passport pictures when you sent the DS 122 and DS 230 forms earlier?

Wishing the very best of favour, you will succeed. And hey give us the rundown quickly cos we have 2 consecutive interviews after you. Thankx.

Guys this is an alert to the house. I asked a question concerning the extra 2 passport pictures last week but couldn't get an answer from anybody. Until this evening I didn't know I have to take extra 2 passport pictures again. Please let all endeavour to give ourselves all the necessary information early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys this is an alert to the house. I asked a question concerning the extra 2 passport pictures last week but couldn't an answer from anybody. Until this evening I didn't know I have to take extra 2 passport pictures again. Please let all endeavour to give ourselves all the necessary information early.

Really nuna i never saw any question like that because i took 4 pictures and used 2 for the forms submitted to kcc. Really sorry for this issue but i hope you get one tomorrow morning around the embassy.

Guys this is an alert to the house. I asked a question concerning the extra 2 passport pictures last week but couldn't an answer from anybody. Until this evening I didn't know I have to take extra 2 passport pictures again. Please let all endeavour to give ourselves all the necessary information early.

All the best tomorrow bro and may God be with you.

gh50 must I take the X ray envelope also to the embassy?

From other interviews I've read they wouldn't need it but man as I always say this is the Day the lord has made for you so pls you don't lose if you take it with you.

Hello Guys,
Sorry for the late posting... had to rush to work after and didnt complete the process till after 10.
I have the best of news for you guys... By God's Grace, i sailed thru with a pickup date on friday!
I appreciate all your support and encouragement and advices. God Bless you all.
Here are my tips for tomorrow interviewees:
+Please get there on time, if its at 7:30am, get there by 6:30.
+The fees, please the rate is 2.3 to a 1$. Its unusually high and i will advice that you should take dollars if you can and exactly that amount USD 330. If its Cedis, pls take exact cedis amount which is GHS 759.00.
+Please have your 2 passport pictures ready. They will require it.
Before you guys enter, they will demarcate the queues into 'VISITING' and 'STAY'. Keep to stay. Avoid taking plenty stuffs not needed into the consulate. just your documents, you can leave your phone at home.
Show you appointment letter to the guards and then enter.
Once inside, see the receptionist and she will show you were to sit n all.
The DV winners will be called to assembled and be given forms to complete for the fee payment. Complete your name and amount either in cedis of usd depending on currency you have. Submit the forms and make payments when called to by cashier.
All DV winners will be called to the booths in turns to drop their documents plus copies. Please make sure you arrange them as such, ORIGINALS and COPIES, and hand over them to the officer in charge usually Ghanaian. Then you sit!
You will be called again to do biometrics. Have an handkerchief in hand as u will asked to wipe your fingers. The left four set of fingers first and then right hand set of four fingers then the 2 thumps.
Then you sit and wait.
The CO will finally call you to come forward. In my case, i was the first to be called... my heart missed a beat... lol. Now my interview details:
CO:Good Morning, and how are you doing?
DN2L: Good Morning, im fine, Thanks, and you?
CO: Im well Thanks, Please raise your right hand and swear 'You will speak the truth about all that you will be asked' ...
DN2L: I confirm ( lol, na conf small)
CO: Which year did you complete the secondary school?
DN2L: 2003
CO: What is the name of the school?
DN2L: Koforidua Sec Tech School
CO: Which class was your worst?
DN2L: Elective Maths (I had an E)
CO: *Smiled* as she looked at my results and said, 'ah, that explains'
CO: Did you attend any university?
DN2L: Yes
CO: What is your profession?
DN2L: Banker
CO: Have you traveled to the US before?
DN2L: No.
CO: **Types somethings on the computer and picks up the blue slip, scribbles and cautions me 'Dont quit your job, dont book a flight, come for you passport and visa in it on friday. Everything appears to be intact and accurate.
DN2L: Thanks, i smiled and walked away :)

Thats it guys, didnt spend 5 mins there.
I will be around for all questions.
Im a happy man and thanks to you all. Dont forget your pen.. Cheers and Good luck to you all!!

N.L
We thank God for e great thing he has done n greater thing he is abt doin. Am reali happy for you.

gh50 must I take the X ray envelope also to the embassy?
No, nuna, just your medical report. No X-rays. Pls removes all documents n have it in a clear file or folder . It saves time n makes sorting of ur docs easy.
Wish u all the best. Keep answers simple. It's basically yes and no. No explanation. If they don't understand something, they will ask u. Explain briefly and that's it!

God be with u.

NL

We thank God for e great thing he has done n greater thing he is abt doin. Am reali happy for you.

Thanks man. Do you an idea when you will be current? It won't be long tho, will check archives of the bulletin let you know.
Cheers!

Hi jhench, u shd be current by jan. Ur 2nd nl shd be in dis month hopefully.. Gud luck!!

Today by God's grace we focus our prayer lens on Nuna6 and his family that so that through the power of God he gets a smooth interview today. May God bless you Nuna.

Today by God's grace we focus our prayer lens on Nuna6 and his family that so that through the power of God he gets a smooth interview today. May God bless you Nuna.
We are praying for you Nuna and your family, God be with you today.

palz, I have heard of x-ray file and things... I have interview 2moro and I have my medical report with me ( in normal small envelope with a restriction tape on it and stamps), they did not give any x-ray file and any other thing.... I did it at akai house...
plz what is the details of you medical report...

palz, I have heard of x-ray file and things... I have interview 2moro and I have my medical report with me ( in normal small white envelope with a restriction tape on it and stamps), they did not give any x-ray file and any other thing.... I did it at akai house...

Hello Guys,
Sorry for the late posting... had to rush to work after and didnt complete the process till after 10.
I have the best of news for you guys... By God's Grace, i sailed thru with a pickup date on friday!
I appreciate all your support and encouragement and advices. God Bless you all.
Here are my tips for tomorrow interviewees:
+Please get there on time, if its at 7:30am, get there by 6:30.
+The fees, please the rate is 2.3 to a 1$. Its unusually high and i will advice that you should take dollars if you can and exactly that amount USD 330. If its Cedis, pls take exact cedis amount which is GHS 759.00.
+Please have your 2 passport pictures ready. They will require it.
Before you guys enter, they will demarcate the queues into 'VISITING' and 'STAY'. Keep to stay. Avoid taking plenty stuffs not needed into the consulate. just your documents, you can leave your phone at home.
Show you appointment letter to the guards and then enter.
Once inside, see the receptionist and she will show you were to sit n all.
The DV winners will be called to assembled and be given forms to complete for the fee payment. Complete your name and amount either in cedis of usd depending on currency you have. Submit the forms and make payments when called to by cashier.
All DV winners will be called to the booths in turns to drop their documents plus copies. Please make sure you arrange them as such, ORIGINALS and COPIES, and hand over them to the officer in charge usually Ghanaian. Then you sit!
You will be called again to do biometrics. Have an handkerchief in hand as u will asked to wipe your fingers. The left four set of fingers first and then right hand set of four fingers then the 2 thumps.
Then you sit and wait.
The CO will finally call you to come forward. In my case, i was the first to be called... my heart missed a beat... lol. Now my interview details:
CO:Good Morning, and how are you doing?
DN2L: Good Morning, im fine, Thanks, and you?
CO: Im well Thanks, Please raise your right hand and swear 'You will speak the truth about all that you will be asked' ...
DN2L: I confirm ( lol, na conf small)
CO: Which year did you complete the secondary school?
DN2L: 2003
CO: What is the name of the school?
DN2L: Koforidua Sec Tech School
CO: Which class was your worst?
DN2L: Elective Maths (I had an E)
CO: *Smiled* as she looked at my results and said, 'ah, that explains'
CO: Did you attend any university?
DN2L: Yes
CO: What is your profession?
DN2L: Banker
CO: Have you traveled to the US before?
DN2L: No.
CO: **Types somethings on the computer and picks up the blue slip, scribbles and cautions me 'Dont quit your job, dont book a flight, come for you passport and visa in it on friday. Everything appears to be intact and accurate.
DN2L: Thanks, i smiled and walked away :)

Thats it guys, didnt spend 5 mins there.
I will be around for all questions.
Im a happy man and thanks to you all. Dont forget your pen.. Cheers and Good luck to you all!!

N.L

awwwww.....tears of joy 4my boy DN2L...w'abr3!!!
congrats...easy does it.
stay with the forum throughout till u reach the US & even afterwards...
am very happy 4u.
ur annointing is sprinkled on all of us...nuna6 is next...
by d way, am sure u saw a lot mor pple der...did u interact with dem to let them kno ders a forum like dis?
pls let dis b 1 of our diplomatic missions as we meet more people in d embassy when we all go in.
i kno it isnt easy to strike conversations in there...cos every1 'make wild' & tense...
i believe the conversation will only make u calm down to gather the needed confidence b4 u appear b4 d C.O.
ur heart might miss a beat tho' like DN2L reported but it is in the right direction.
congrats boy...& good luck 2 nuna6 & all who follow subsequently including myself.

@DN2L...... wooow...am. happy for u waaaaa... nd anyway thnx fr sharing... I wil be following u on 6th nov, which is wednesday........God bless us al nd for those havin theirs 2moro, I wish u gud luck.....

wow...November seems to be packed with interviews...its our month guys...
lets go for it. good luck sasudt.
Tomorrow is less than 24hrs away & ur entry time is much less...
like Ghanaman said, pls dont keep us in suspense for long...as much as possible fill us in on ur status not long after exiting the confines of the embassy.
waiting!!!

palz, I have heard of x-ray file and things... I have interview 2moro and I have my medical report with me ( in normal small envelope with a restriction tape on it and stamps), they did not give any x-ray file and any other thing.... I did it at akai house...

hi sasudt,
i also did my medicals at akai. the report feels puffy...its because it contains everything in that small white "envelope which has the restriction tape on it and stamps".
i also enquired from akai & was told the x-ray results are electronic. no need to carry bulky films anymore.
i think its holy trinity that issues the films so DONT PANIC...ure more than good to go. dont open the envelope. u need not know what's in it. just present it like that. they know that's all u were given.
good luck.

awwwww.....tears of joy 4my boy DN2L...w'abr3!!!
congrats...easy does it.
stay with the forum throughout till u reach the US & even afterwards...
am very happy 4u.
ur annointing is sprinkled on all of us...nuna6 is next...
by d way, am sure u saw a lot mor pple der...did u interact with dem to let them kno ders a forum like dis?
pls let dis b 1 of our diplomatic missions as we meet more people in d embassy when we all go in.
i kno it isnt easy to strike conversations in there...cos every1 'make wild' & tense...
i believe the conversation will only make u calm down to gather the needed confidence b4 u appear b4 d C.O.
ur heart might miss a beat tho' like DN2L reported but it is in the right direction.
congrats boy...& good luck 2 nuna6 & all who follow subsequently including myself.

guys...the dollar rate at the embassy is far above what's in town...pls note & send a lot of excess cedis...
as at october 1st, i paid 726 ghana cedis...
as at yesterday, DN2L reports it has reached 759 ghana cedis.
if u can pay in GENUINE DOLLARS it will be best butbetween now and december, if u r gonna pay in cedis then i think having a 1000 cedis on u will surely make u secure.u never kno which documents u may be referred to go outside to photocopy again or even whether u will be asked to take new pictures...prices of such processing in that area are higher.
its better to be financially secured than to have to ask around which will end up making u hot!!!
these are among the things which need to be reported on as u come out.
good job DN2L...