• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Hi guys, wish you all the best. I may pop in sometimes to contribute to this thread.

Good to hear from you ammeck09 and I must confess that i was highly inspired by the support you granted others in the 2011 thread when I went through it and we would all appreciate u popping up to give some passco lol. God be with you.

Passport

Guys, am currently having the old passport which will expire in 2017, can i still use it since it has not yet expired, though itz not a biometric passport.

Guys, am currently having the old passport which will expire in 2017, can i still use it since it has not yet expired, though itz not a biometric passport.

We've already gone through this and the embassy confirmed that if a non-biometric passport would be accepted as long its valid so you are good to go but I was in the same situation and opted to go for the biometric one. All the best

has no one gone for interview yet? by the way.. my question is, i have laminated my affidavit which i sworn to the court that my wassce cert is mine.. is the lamination gonna take effect on me anyway. i laminated it because i dont want anything stupid to spoil it..

has no one gone for interview yet? by the way.. my question is, i have laminated my affidavit which i sworn to the court that my wassce cert is mine.. is the lamination gonna take effect on me anyway. i laminated it because i dont want anything stupid to spoil it..

I believe lamination doesn't alter the authenticity or otherwise of document so its ok. I've personally done that for all my vulnerable documents to keep them safe. All the best.

You are good to go. The DEGREE TRANSCRIPT and INTRODUCTORY LETTER FROM EMPLOYER i don't think will be used once u have all your educational certificates and the ADDRESS IN USA should have been indicated on the DSP-230 forms you submitted to KCC, if that was done you do not need it anymore unless u want to change it at the interview. But hey once you have them go with them and the will pick what they want and give u the rest.

Thanks raphoo..
I Did all my copies yesterday. Now by His Grace, I'm all set. I've really learnt a lot on here. Luckily my gf also won, he 2nd nl will be in by jan. Once she's tru, den we leave together.
Will keep u guys all posted on my encounter with the co.
Take care n God shower his mercies n favour on us all.

Thanks raphoo..
I Did all my copies yesterday. Now by His Grace, I'm all set. I've really learnt a lot on here. Luckily my gf also won, he 2nd nl will be in by jan. Once she's tru, den we leave together.
Will keep u guys all posted on my encounter with the co.
Take care n God shower his mercies n favour on us all.

Bro good to know that all is going on well with your preparations. All the best.

Hello guys,
Hope everyone is doing well. I have all my documents ready for November 4. Pls confirm if I've left anything out worth taking to the consulate. Below are what I have. Thanks!!
DV WINNER NOTIFICATION
APPOINTMENT LETTER (2ND NL)
2 PASSPORT PICTURES
PASSPORT
BIRTH CERT
POLICE CERT
MEDICAL REPORT
SSSCE CERT
DEGREE CERT
DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
INTRODUCTORY LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
ADDRESS IN USA
FEES: 330 USD

i wld say: MORE THAN GOOD TO GO. Get a Pen to make ur preparedness fully complete to the last item...lol
By the way, are your dollars genuine???
If you have all the above then kindly update your signature to reflect your current state. tnQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

why swear that the wassce cert is yours if it bears the same name as other names on all your documents. i think you only swear an affidavit if there's reason to doubt or raise objections about your documents due to different naames or conflicting particulars etc etc...
man...just b careful u dont submit urself for further scrutiny. The more you present extraneous material the longer you visa will delay.
i would say that if the name on your certificate is not questionable or there's no other suspicious issue on the certifficate then dont submit the affidavit till it is requested OTHEWISE YOU ARE ABOUT TO GIVE THE C.O. REASON TO PROBE YOU FURTHER IF HE/SHE IS NOT CONVINCED. THAT COULD PUT YOU INTO THE STATE THAT I FIND MYSELF IN...IT IS VERY STRESSFUL SO IF ONLY YOU CAN AVOID CERTAIN DOCUMENTS AND STILL BE TRUTHFUL ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION AND NOT MAKE THE AUTHENTICITY OF YOUR CASE DOUBTFUL THEN PLEASE WATCH WHAT U PRESENT!!!
GO GET YOUR VISA "HANDS DOWN" / ONE TOUCH!!!
SAFE & GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
why swear that the wassce cert is yours if it bears the same name as other names on all your documents. i think you only swear an affidavit if there's reason to doubt or raise objections about your documents due to different naames or conflicting particulars etc etc...
man...just b careful u dont submit urself for further scrutiny. The more you present extraneous material the longer you visa will delay.
i would say that if the name on your certificate is not questionable or there's no other suspicious issue on the certifficate then dont submit the affidavit till it is requested OTHEWISE YOU ARE ABOUT TO GIVE THE C.O. REASON TO PROBE YOU FURTHER IF HE/SHE IS NOT CONVINCED. THAT COULD PUT YOU INTO THE STATE THAT I FIND MYSELF IN...IT IS VERY STRESSFUL SO IF ONLY YOU CAN AVOID CERTAIN DOCUMENTS AND STILL BE TRUTHFUL ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION AND NOT MAKE THE AUTHENTICITY OF YOUR CASE DOUBTFUL THEN PLEASE WATCH WHAT U PRESENT!!!
SAFE & GOOD LUCK!!!
Thank you for the advice Lilkay, I think it goes for all of us. In our quest to make sure we fulfill all the requirements sometimes we provide more than necessary and that can make us vulnerable in the hounds of the CO.

SAFE & GOOD LUCK!!!

Bro thanks for your sound advice here but look @ my scenario too here, the agent repeated my middle name as my first name so my real first name didn't appear on the letter eg a name like Kwame Kwame Nkrumah instead of a realistic one like Francis Kwame Nkrumah and I have an affidavit already would that also raise eyebrows as I contacted KCC after I submitted my forms and was told to fill the dsp forms correctly. What do you guys think.

hi guys i hope i can send ghana cedis to the embassy to pay for my visa
am afraid i may lay my hands on fake dollars from these Forex bureaus,n that could result into problems

Bro thanks for your sound advice here but look @ my scenario too here, the agent repeated my middle name as my first name so my real first name didn't appear on the letter eg a name like Kwame Kwame Nkrumah instead of a realistic one like Francis Kwame Nkrumah and I have an affidavit already would that also raise eyebrows as I contacted KCC after I submitted my forms and was told to fill the dsp forms correctly. What do you guys think.

Gh50, your case is different, there was a mistake in filling your name on the form. KCC has advised you to do the right thing, I believe correspondence with KCC are kept on your file and will be sent to where u will be interviewed, so it won't be a problem. You need to take that affidavit with you since there was error on your initial E-DV form, you can provide the affidavit in case they raise any red flag on the inconsistency of your names. You will be fine, I believe it is a minor error, they may or may not ask any question on it.

Gh50, your case is different, there was a mistake in filling your name on the form. KCC has advised you to do the right thing, I believe correspondence with KCC are kept on your file and will be sent to where u will be interviewed, so it won't be a problem. You need to take that affidavit with you since there was error on your initial E-DV form, you can provide the affidavit in case they raise any red flag on the inconsistency of your names. You will be fine, I believe it is a minor error, they may or may not ask any question on it.

Thanks Ghanaman for your response and I know with God on my side all is well with me. Hope you and the family are doing well.

hi guys i hope i can send ghana cedis to the embassy to pay for my visa
am afraid i may lay my hands on fake dollars from these Forex bureaus,n that could result into problems

Kwame you are good to go with the cedis don't risk getting the dollars bcos you might get a fake one. I had mine authenticated @ a bank for me so am kind of cool with that.