• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

LOL yes it is quite expensive !!
I am planning to request a loan from banks showing them my 2nd NL hahahaha

I was just kidding I do have a nice job I earn 10000 birr net v per month close too 500$ and per annum it will be like 6000

atlist I can cover my expenses

but if I got licenced in USA to work as a registered nurse then I will be earning like 25 -35 $ pee hour ; any idea about nursing in USA brits ??

Lol @ZGREAT. I already took loan from my family by showing 2NL....kidding.
I have a nurse friend who entered US four years ago. She got her licence. She said she is "highly" paid. I hope it is promising

Lol @ZGREAT. I already took loan from my family by showing 2NL....kidding.
I have a nurse friend who entered US four years ago. She got her licence. She said she is "highly" paid. I hope it is promising
hehe you will return the money double fold !!

yes that's ma guss too. ....

As I said I consulted the guy at internet cafe and asked him about authentication at Ministry of foriegn affairs. He has the exact lists of items to be submitted in the exact order which they have given us inside the embassy.
In the list the only autheticated document it asks at the ministry of foreign affairs is the educational docs like ESLCE or 10+2 etc of the winner (main applicant). Can you please verify about this?
I am beneficiary and I did not submit any educational doc of myself.
The other thing about registering for DHL before the interview is also not necessary. We have registered after the interview.
...One lady brought 3 by 4 photo and asked her to bring 5 by 5 photo during the interview which she went out and took a new photo.
...For those who have kids there is a small playing ground inside the waiting room.
...One guy was sent back because his birth certificate is expired...I think it is only 2 years it is valid.
...One couple were sent refused to get visa because they were ugly...I am kidding.
As I said I consulted the guy at internet cafe and asked him about authentication at Ministry of foriegn affairs. He has the exact lists of items to be submitted in the exact order which they have given us inside the embassy.
In the list the only autheticated document it asks at the ministry of foreign affairs is the educational docs like ESLCE or 10+2 etc of the winner (main applicant). Can you please verify about this?
I am beneficiary and I did not submit any educational doc of myself.
The other thing about registering for DHL before the interview is also not necessary. We have registered after the interview.
...One lady brought 3 by 4 photo and asked her to bring 5 by 5 photo during the interview which she went out and took a new photo.
...For those who have kids there is a small playing ground inside the waiting room.
...One guy was sent back because his birth certificate is expired...I think it is only 2 years it is valid.
...One couple were sent refused to get visa because they were ugly...I am kidding.
"One guy was sent back because his birth certificate is expired" >what do u mean by that... How can birth certificate expire ...I have my birth certificate since I was 4years old ...it's to old but I'm using on it ...dose it hav a problem!!

"One guy was sent back because his birth certificate is expired" >what do u mean by that... How can birth certificate expire ...I have my birth certificate since I was 4years old ...it's to old but I'm using on it ...dose it hav a problem!!
Don't worry @q boss. Just be sure of two things
1. Your birth certificate is in the long form.
2. Be sure that you authenticate birth and marriage(if any) certificates at 'kifleketema' first then at Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (such documents needed to be authenticated, you can call it renewal, if they are more than 6months old).
I think your card is obtained long time ago. So you should go "sheger" branch of municipality for primary authentication. Then to MoF.

Last edited:
Hi people :)

I am in such confusion right now and am so glad I discovered this forum.
My story is --- well it is not my story ... My mom who is 55 years old won this lottery. I know o_Oo_Oo_O some people are lucky . We applied the same day and same computer lol // I didnt win :eek: she did ! My dad is the only beneficiary since Children are all too old or married . They are appointed for interview mid January. Yes we are all happy about it.

she has completed high school and have many many years of work experience in government offices. She works in office Information system management and her previous work experiences are pretty solid even if it doesnt completely allign with Zone 4 or 5 listings.

The problem : I just came across this on Addis Ababa US embassy website .
An Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination (12th grade) showing at least 5 passing grades,

1.Is it really required she has to have 5 passing grades ?? Does he long time work experience compenset for that ? I am sure she doesn't have 5 passing grades ...

2.What does passing grades means ? C is what I am guessing?

3. Should the work experiences she needs to present be Zone 4 or 5 ?

4. can she present both transcript and ESLCE ?? plus the work experience = or should she choose one of it ??

thanks alot ----

Don't worry @q boss. Just be sure of two things
1. Your birth certificate is in the long form.
2. Be sure that you authenticate birth and marriage(if any) certificates at 'kifleketema' first then at Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (such documents needed to be authenticated, you can call it renewal, if they are more than 6months old).
I think your card is obtained long time ago. So you should go "sheger" branch of municipality for primary authentication. Then to MoF.
Yaa I did that for my birth certificate ..I'm playin as single so I don't think ,any marriage staff needed one last question @God-Is-Love with my sponsor I don't have relation but when I fill the ds260 I said we r cousin ,but he is not . I'm related with his wife even his wife is not my cousin she is my mothers cousin ....what can I say If I was asked about my relation with the sponsor?....the other thing I have sister in USA she is citizen but I didn't take here as a sponsor coz by the time when I fill the ds260 she was moving from dc to las vegas and so she doesn't hav an address and I choice my moms cousin address they r now living In vegas ..so should i change the address with my sis or the was it was!

Yaa I did that for my birth certificate ..I'm playin as single so I don't think ,any marriage staff needed one last question @God-Is-Love with my sponsor I don't have relation but when I fill the ds260 I said we r cousin ,but he is not . I'm related with his wife even his wife is not my cousin she is my mothers cousin ....what can I say If I was asked about my relation with the sponsor?....the other thing I have sister in USA she is citizen but I didn't take here as a sponsor coz by the time when I fill the ds260 she was moving from dc to las vegas and so she doesn't hav an address and I choice my moms cousin address they r now living In vegas ..so should i change the address with my sis or the was it was!
Dear @q boss, first of all you had to write the actual relationship you have with your sponsor. The CO will more probably ask what type of relationship you have with your sponsor. If you tell he is your cousins to the CO, and if he/she find out it is not, you may put your case on risk.
I personally advice you to have your sister as a sponsor because the relationship you have with her is more strong than "the husband of your mother's cousin", (if i call it correctly). You can tell this to the CO at interview time. I hope she has permanent address by now.

My story is --- well it is not my story ... My mom who is 55 years old won this lottery. I know o_Oo_Oo_O some people are lucky . We applied the same day and same computer lol // I didnt win :eek: she did ! My dad is the only beneficiary since Children are all too old or married . They are appointed for interview mid January. Yes we are all happy about it.

she has completed high school and have many many years of work experience in government offices. She works in office Information system management and her previous work experiences are pretty solid even if it doesnt completely allign with Zone 4 or 5 listings.

An Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination (12th grade) showing at least 5 passing grades,

1.Is it really required she has to have 5 passing grades ?? Does he long time work experience compenset for that ? I am sure she doesn't have 5 passing grades ...

4. can she present both transcript and ESLCE ?? plus the work experience = or should she choose one of it ??

thanks alot ----
welcome biti

he'll ya life is crazy lol

so about the education D is considered to be the passing mark ; so relax

and your mom should go for it using the educational qualification she can't use both

Dear @q boss, first of all you had to write the actual relationship you have with your sponsor. The CO will more probably ask what type of relationship you have with your sponsor. If you tell he is your cousins to the CO, and if he/she find out it is not, you may put your case on risk.
I personally advice you to have your sister as a sponsor because the relationship you have with her is more strong than "the husband of your mother's cousin", (if i call it correctly). You can tell this to the CO at interview time. I hope she has permanent address by now.
Ya you understand me well, how about to say family member if they ask me more .. .. I will explaine...also is that at the interview time ,before they asking me or after they interviewed me I'm gona Change to my sister address ?

Ya you understand me well, how about to say family member if they ask me more .. .. I will explaine...also is that at the interview time ,before they asking me or after they interviewed me I'm gona Change to my sister address ?
@God-Is-Love when u say , 'u have to write the actual r/s you have with ur sponsor ' where is to going to be written there is no such place to write the relationship on ds-260 unless he has submitted I-134. please update me if I am missing something ?
thanks

dear @q boss what did u write on ur permanent address in usa? just mention that when u got interviewed about the sponsor and don't show any sponsor form or I-134 unless ur asked. Good luck bro, and how is count down feels like?

@q boss please tell honestly to the CO what address u put on the ds-260 and the relationship honest honestly honestly and inform co that u want to change ur permanetnt green card address to ur sister that is ur host, I am right @Britsimon ? please correct me , q boss really need this answers .
thanks

dear @q boss what did u write on ur permanent address in usa? just mention that when u got interviewed about the sponsor and don't show any sponsor form or I-134 unless ur asked. Good luck bro, and how is count down feels like?
you are right dear @rolex123. The type of relationship is not stated on DS form. It is on AoS. Thanks

Indeed, a dv forum where some people here have never even visited the US and a bit of culture shock may be in store.

PS: morality is not an absolute: you do not get to decide what everyone else may or may not consider moral.
True. some people have never visited. Others travel the world freely so culture shock may or may not be widespread. Bottom line- you cannot change a what one believes in simply because they have come to your country.

thanks alot ----

Welcome @Biti. I advice you to read all pages of this thread so that you may have clear insight about the process. I found it very helpful.
@ZGREAT answered your question well.
In additional, we can roughly estimate the interview date if you share us the case number (by hiding the last three digits) and date of DS260 submission.

@q boss there is no such please to mention the relationship on ds-260 form, please relax and answer the same way u write above that ur sister just settled in usa and u want to change ur permanent green card delivery address to ur sister as she is already settled. relax @q boss only less then 30hrs to go, prey and god be with u, to be honest u almost their ...... visa approved! sleep well