• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

oh dear you got a nice job. ... Mr BRITS can tell you about the profession in USA . go read britsimonsays. com and check the biography tab

LOL - I was just converting the 17000 birr into dollars and wondering if that is really an annual salary - the costs of the DV process would be impossibly high in that case...

FYI, most IT jobs around my area would exceed that in a week, some would exceed that in a day. :D

Mind you, that is only good if you haven't got yourself spending 98% of your salary.

that is hard sell topic. It is not about men vs women issue. i remember Obama calling sagging a "waste of time" its about morality.Anyway this is a DV FORUM

Indeed, a dv forum where some people here have never even visited the US and a bit of culture shock may be in store.

PS: morality is not an absolute: you do not get to decide what everyone else may or may not consider moral.

LOL - I was just converting the 17000 birr into dollars and wondering if that is really an annual salary - the costs of the DV process would be impossibly high in that case...

FYI, most IT jobs around my area would exceed that in a week, some would exceed that in a day. :D

Mind you, that is only good if you haven't got yourself spending 98% of your salary.
I have spent around 30000birr with my family for the process and I was complaining. I am expected to spend 100000 birr more for transportation. This is very expensive for an average person in Ethiopia.

I have spent around 30000birr with my family for the process and I was complaining. I am expected to spend 100000 birr more for transportation. This is very expensive for an average person in Ethiopia.
Welcome to the USA.Its your like who make the difference.
Now something special here:$10,000 in America is absolutely nothing-The same can buy you a 2 bed roomed house back at home,Every time I think about the earnings I IMMEDIATELY CONVERT them into local currencies.
Now-back at home I had an employee whom I was paying $ 140 per month-obviously he had no other costs since its a remote place and house,transport was free.He won green card dv 2011 and relocated in 2012.He had a 3 months certificate in computer application.You know what the man had put up a $ 144,992 @ kshs 87-$.How he did it.. in 2 years still a puzzle.Even if its a loan-you only become worth what's lent to you..lol!!

But you can eat a good lunch with 2 dollar. 50000 dollar can buy you a very nice house of 120 sq. m. But Still the dv processing fee is very expensive.

Welcome to the USA.Its your like who make the difference.
Now something special here:$10,000 in America is absolutely nothing-The same can buy you a 2 bed roomed house back at home,Every time I think about the earnings I IMMEDIATELY CONVERT them into local currencies.
Now-back at home I had an employee whom I was paying $ 140 per month-obviously he had no other costs since its a remote place and house,transport was free.He won green card dv 2011 and relocated in 2012.He had a 3 months certificate in computer application.You know what the man had put up a $ 144,992 @ kshs 87-$.How he did it.. in 2 years still a puzzle.Even if its a loan-you only become worth what's lent to you..lol!!
Good information but I did not get the kshs part and the 87 dollar. The loan part too...

r
God first: Its has always been and will always be that I may NEVER drift away from His GRACE & TENDER care for through him everything is Given freely.You wanna take it...its your choice -
1) I mean out of 14 million applicants...
2.) Simon & YOU GOT got selected
3.) Out of 125,000 sent notification I & YOU HAVE BEEN ISSUED a VISA -Its yours unless you...
4.) Now I pride to be among the flag carriers of DV-2015 WHO ARE EXPLORING THE LAND
5.) Its is and always been my PRAYER that life will NEVER be the same again for me/ you,your
children and all your descendants.
This land is Good but only GOOD to those who are good/think are good/and are known to be good or want to be good.
bottom of heart beat saying , and remind me bible proverbs , may god bless u and ur family up there !

Good information but I did not get the kshs part and the 87 dollar. The loan part too...
kshs 87=$1
My point is:I know what the employee earned before the dv ($140 per month)
After relocating he puts up an apartment worth $144,999
Now=Banks give loans to CREDIT WORTH clients -Lay mans language after valuations if its a loan he is worth that amont
Just walk into your bank and apply for a loan and its then you will realize whats am saying.

kshs 87=$1
Now=Banks give loans to CREDIT WORTH clients -Lay mans language after valuations if its a loan he is worth that amont
Just walk into your bank and apply for a loan and its then you will realize whats am saying.

Simon, I think you are saying the person is worth (has "net worth") of $144,999 because the bank was prepared to lend him that amount. No that is not correct. A mortgage is not the same as another type of loan. The real estate (the apartment) is the security for the mortgage. If the borrower does not pay the mortgage the bank can take the property back and recover their money.

Simon, I think you are saying the person is worth (has "net worth") of $144,999 because the bank was prepared to lend him that amount. No that is not correct. A mortgage is not the same as another type of loan. The real estate (the apartment) is the security for the mortgage. If the borrower does not pay the mortgage the bank can take the property back and recover their money.
However I did mention that I don't know how he financed this and if he was to finance this he is worth the amount.To be candid...The person bought the land through some savings I myself witnessed this as he made photocopies of his bank statements at my workplace.What I know and am sure is that 75% self financed and if he took a loan its was not a mortgage loan but what banks in Kenya give as unsecured loans as per the activity of your account and the retention amount bal bla.Am privy to the deal...

Thank you Jesus...Have received my SSN,to all who wished me well ...May God bless you abundantly..
That is wonderful. I'm happy for you Simon, CONGRATULATIONS my bother. What a a fast process and efficient system GC in 10 days and you start working and support your bill in less than 15 days of arrival ...!

kshs 87=$1
Thank you for the explanation.

Hello friends

How much money is allowed from Ethiopia to bring to US.
I read somewhere that the safest amount will be not more than 10000 $ If you carry more you will be asked from where you get it ; for example you have to show them a bank receipt or some other document ,

LOL yes it is quite expensive !!
I am planning to request a loan from banks showing them my 2nd NL hahahaha

I was just kidding I do have a nice job I earn 10000 birr net v per month close too 500$ and per annum it will be like 6000

atlist I can cover my expenses

but if I got licenced in USA to work as a registered nurse then I will be earning like 25 -35 $ pee hour ; any idea about nursing in USA brits ??

LOL yes it is quite expensive !!
I am planning to request a loan from banks showing them my 2nd NL hahahaha

I was just kidding I do have a nice job I earn 10000 birr net v per month close too 500$ and per annum it will be like 6000

atlist I can cover my expenses

but if I got licenced in USA to work as a registered nurse then I will be earning like 25 -35 $ pee hour ; any idea about nursing in USA brits ??

Helo friend those of you who have finished interview please share ur experince,
welcome brother kindly share us your case number and form submission date .
For the experiences go read all pages it's worth sitting and spending some time