• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hi everyone
i'm DV winner from Ethiopia and my visa approved on Nov 3 2015 and i registerd for DHL before interview whrn i can get my visa and how can i know visa deleveried to DHL office?
Congra for the approval, The visa will be sent after 10 working days and you will get email notification when it arrives at DHL

It is an untold story because it isn't true. SSN processing is not local - so it is the same everywhere.
@Britismon, with all due respect, the sentence " SSN processing is not local - so it is the same everywhere" doesnt make sense, atleast i am waiting and is on my 3rd week with no SSN but i read a post in this forum that fellow winners in maryland getting their No. within 1 week

@Britismon, with all due respect, the sentence " SSN processing is not local - so it is the same everywhere" doesnt make sense, atleast i am waiting and is on my 3rd week with no SSN but i read a post in this forum that fellow winners in maryland getting their No. within 1 week

Just because you have a problem with yours doesn't mean it is a local office issue. What it is, is that you are clearly one of the people where there was a problem with ticking the box on the DS260 resulting in the correct message being sent to production . USCIS communication problem,not wherever you are problem. Guess what, not everyone in Maryland gets theirs either if USCIS does they same as it did to you.

If you've waited minimum of 2 weeks without receiving your SSN, it means you need to visit the nearest SSA office and put in an application in person.

We've always explained in the forum that it's sometimes possible for one to not automatically receive the SSN in spite of requesting in the DS-260 form for it to be sent. Regardless of that, the processing like Simon said, is not local. The delay or none receipt of the card has nothing to do with where you are.

I'm sorry it doesn't make sense to you. It does, however, make sense.

Now, if you want to stop trying to tell an Englishman how to speak English, perhaps you should be asking a question. That is - what should you do about the delay YOU are experiencing in receiving your SSN. Some people (from any place, not just in your area) experience delays. The advice I would give is to go to the SSA office and see if an application has been made on your behalf.

I'm sorry it doesn't make sense to you. It does, however, make sense.

Now, if you want to stop trying to tell an Englishman how to speak English, perhaps you should be asking a question. That is - what should you do about the delay YOU are experiencing in receiving your SSN. Some people (from any place, not just in your area) experience delays. The advice I would give is to go to the SSA office and see if an application has been made on your behalf.
to make things more clear,. i have visited the nearby social security office on the 2nd day of landing in arizona and what the officer told me is to come after 4 week as it takes upto 4weeks to process SSN and reminded me to visit z office again if i dont get my No till at the end of 4 weeks

to make things more clear,. i have visited the nearby social security office on the 2nd day of landing in arizona and what the officer told me is to come after 4 week as it takes upto 4weeks to process SSN and reminded me to visit z office again if i dont get my No till at the end of 4 weeks

Good grief. Maybe this link will help you understand:
https://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnvisa/whatyou_need.htm

As you can see, DHS (/USCIS) is supposed to send the info to the SSA. (Centralized) that in turn triggers the production of the SSN card. So when there is a delay in the card issue, it is not because of where you ended up living, it is because there was a problem in that step. It is very clear from that flowchart that the cards are done centrally.

And yes of course they tell you 4 weeks, just like the CBP officer told us 6 months for the green card when we entered. Because they don't want you calling them every day for an update.

Hi Everyone
I am one of 2016 Dv winners and the Visa has already approved to us including my son & wife on Nov 2.

But still we didn't receive our visa package from Dhl and one of my friend whose visa approved on Nov 3 has already received his visa package before 2days ago. So please I need your say on why our visa package is late. Share us ur experience

congrats on the approval and if you have read my comment above, it takes upto 10 working days for the visa package to reach at DHL, so when the time comes check your email for visa pick up notice. If it is delayed beyond the specified date, call DHL A.A office

@abi328 - thank you for your response. I don't have any other option except to wait but i am worried by delayed visa package as CO informed us at the time of interview the Visa package will be ready after 10 days. Any way God knows.

@eth37xx - Have you received your visa package? If so when?

Hi friends
is that possible to someone to book plane ticket online from USA by using his credit card i'm from Ethiopia?

Hi dears, 1. is every person who complete preparatory course is eligible??b/c the ethiopian entranse exam result differe from on year to another year. Even aperson is joined to universty. 2. I am not clear about edv qualification about passing grade.Are they looking the grade 10 result or.....? Please help me

Hi dears, 1. is every person who complete preparatory course is eligible??b/c the ethiopian entranse exam result differe from on year to another year. Even aperson is joined to universty. 2. I am not clear about edv qualification about passing grade.Are they looking the grade 10 result or.....? Please help me

http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/mobile//dv_requirements.html

You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications

• Proof of graduation from 12th grade (including an Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination, a University Entrance Exam, or a Higher Education Qualification Exam), showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)
  • Proof of graduation from a four-year university (or)
You must submit official copies of school transcripts along with the above certificates. These requirements are determined by U.S. immigration law, and are not determined by this Embassy.

3. If you cannot meet the educational requirements, you may submit evidence of qualifying work experience. Qualified work experience is defined as at least two years of full-time employment during the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of college training or experience.

Thank you Mom! I have seen it but I need some clarification in our country Ethiopia context We have 10 grade final examination ' is called Ethiopian general secondary education certificate which is graded in A, B.... then who pass this exam will join to preparatory school (11and 12 grades). After completion of 11 and 12 grade we have higher education entrance examination which is given in number . I am clear about the minimum passing mark of our grade 10 b/c it has Grade A,B..., but what about the higher education entrance exam which is given in number ? how the Embassy see it ? please shire your experience mostly the Ethiopian people who pass on this root.

Thank you Mom! I have seen it but I need some clarification in our country Ethiopia context We have 10 grade final examination ' is called Ethiopian general secondary education certificate which is graded in A, B.... then who pass this exam will join to preparatory school (11and 12 grades). After completion of 11 and 12 grade we have higher education entrance examination which is given in number . I am clear about the minimum passing mark of our grade 10 b/c it has Grade A,B..., but what about the higher education entrance exam which is given in number ? how the Embassy see it ? please shire your experience mostly the Ethiopian people who pass on this root.

First, I'm not mom. (Or not to the forum, anyway.)
Second, you need to check with someone Ethiopian what passing grades on the exam is. Surely there is an explicit standard for this published somewhere?

First, I'm not mom. (Or not to the forum, anyway.)
Second, you need to check with someone Ethiopian what passing grades on the exam is. Surely there is an explicit standard for this published somewhere?
Ohh! sorry Susie, any ways thank you very much for your complement idea.

Dear SusieQQQ I am Dv2016 winner from Ethiopia and i have one question i.e am qualified by education(10+3) ,but is that mandatory to provide work experience if I include in ds260 form when fillout it?