• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi every body good luck for all, i have sent my forms( spouse and kids ) to kcc and they have sent a conformation letter , recently i have got a baby as a new member to my family , what is right thing to do for this change of my family status ? Thank you in advance

2014AF00066***
Entry Checked: 13.08.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 05.09.2013
Confirmation by KCC: 19.11.2013
Documents:----
2nd NL: ---
Police Certificate:---
Medicals:---
Interview:---
Visa Picked:---
P.O.E:---

Hi every body good luck for all, i have sent my forms( spouse and kids ) to kcc and they have sent a conformation letter , recently i have got a baby as a new member to my family , what is right thing to do for this change of my family status ? Thank you in advance

2014AF00066***
Entry Checked: 13.08.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 05.09.2013
Confirmation by KCC: 19.11.2013
Documents:----
2nd NL: ---
Police Certificate:---
Medicals:---
Interview:---
Visa Picked:---
P.O.E:---

You have to fill a new forms DS-230 for newborn baby, principal applicant and spouse Send the three forms, including a copy of the baby's birth certificate and two 5*5 photo to KCC.

Congratulation My friends who received second letter please Check.
Below are the documents checklist needed:-

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT
1) International Passport (with copy) (valid for more than 6 months)
2) Birth Certificate (with copy)
3) Marriage Certificate (if married) (with 2 copies
4) Educational Certificates (with copy) (10th & 12th grade if new curriculum and 12th
grade ESLCE if old curriculum. And high school transcript)
5) Police Certificate (If you have lived in another country for more than a year after
you aged 16 also bring from that country)
6) Medical Report
7) Passport size photographs *2 (with 30days befor inte. day)
8) Money ($330)
9) 1st NL and 2nd NL print out

BENEFICIARY
3) Police Certificate
4) Medical Report
5) Passport size photographs *2
6) Money ($330)
Additional Kebele renewal ID & DHL registration conformation.

Congratulation My friends who received second letter please Check.
Below are the documents checklist needed:-

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT
3) Marriage Certificate (if married) (with 2 copies
4) Educational Certificates (with copy) (10th & 12th grade if new curriculum and 12th
grade ESLCE if old curriculum. And high school transcript)
5) Police Certificate (If you have lived in another country for more than a year after
you aged 16 also bring from that country)
6) Medical Report
7) Passport size photographs *2 (with 30days befor inte. day)
8) Money ($330)
9) 1st NL and 2nd NL print out

BENEFICIARY
3) Police Certificate
4) Medical Report
5) Passport size photographs *2
6) Money ($330)
Additional Kebele renewal ID & DHL registration conformation.

+1 1danny.

First of all congratulations to all who received 2NL!

Regarding the medical ormania explained it very well it is a perfect information.

I am not advertising but I recommend you all to get your medical result at American medical center than IOM, cost, speedy results and others are better there.

Good luck all in the process

But after how many months will be expired the medical and police certificate??

But after how many months will be expired the medical and police certificate??

Hi Hinicho,

1) I can tell you for sure that the police report will expire with in three months, that is what i was told when i checked there.

2) Here's an extract from the US Visa website 'IMPORTANT NOTE: Medical examination results are valid for one year in normal circumstances. But if you have certain medical conditions your examination results could expire in as little as 3 months. In any case you should not have your medical examination until the NVC notifies you of your interview appointment date. You may be denied entry to the United States if your medical examination results expire before your arrival.'. http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3744.html

More details on 1danny's checklist

After the 2nd nl you will do....

1) High School Diploma - must be equivalent to a US high school diploma i.e. Grade 12 or 13 depending on your education system. You MUST have the original and a copy of this when you attend your interview.

2) Work Experience - if you do not have a high school diploma you MUST have a minimum of 2 years work experience under the Department of Labour guidelines classified under O*Net in a qualifying field or occupation in Job Zone 4 or 5 with a rating of 7.0 or higher. You MUST have an affidavit or employment contract indicating this (original and a copy) for your interview.

3) Birth Certificate - you MUST have an original birth certificate and one copy for your interview.

4) Court & Prison Records - if you were convicted or had a court summons for any felony, you MUST provide the original of this document along with a copy at your interview.

5) Deportation Documentation - if you have been to the USA previously and overstayed on your visa beyond the 90 day visitor limit or were in the USA after your visa expired and were subsequently deported and have a deportation document/ruling, you MUST provide this document (original and a copy) at your interview.

6) Marriage Certificate - if you are married, you MUST provide a marriage certificate (original and copy) at your interview.

7) Marriage Termination/Annulment Document - if you are legally separated or divorced, you MUST provide an annulment certificate or divorce certificate (original and copy) at your interview.

8) Military Records - if you a member of the armed forces of your country you must provide evidence of this (original and copy) at your interview.

9) Police Certificate - go to the DV selectee link above to understand this properly because it is too much to type out for me.

10) Custody Documentation - if you have custody of a child then you MUST provide custody documentation (original and copy) - check the DV selectee link above for more information.

11) Medical Examination - if you have all the required documents and find yourself eligible for a DV visa you MUST schedule a medical examination after the receipt of your 2nd NL. The medical MUST be done by the local US Embassy appointed physician or hospital. You will then be given a sealed package (DO NOT OPEN THIS) after your medical examination to take with you to the interview. The examination costs between $200 to $500 depending on which country you are in and this includes your vaccinations.

12) Selectee Notification Letter - this is your 1st NL. You MUST have two copies of this. According to my readings one will be kept by the consular officer at the US Embassy and one by you.

13) 2nd NL - you MUST have two copies of this. According to my readings one will be kept by the consular officer at the US Embassy and one by you.

14) Translation - if your documents are not in English you MUST have them translated by a certified translator. There are certified translation companies or certified translators in all countries these days. Your best bet would be to have a lawyer do the translation for you and endorse the translation but this is not necessary and is only a personal preference for some.

15) Interview - at your interview you will need to pay the required non-refundable fee of $330. If your interview is successful the consular officer will inform you and tell you to come back on a certain date to pick up your passport. You will then have to go to the USCIS website link as follows to pay the immigrant fee. You cannot get a Green Card without paying this fee.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

16) Interview (II) - if your interview has issues you will either be rejected or placed under Administrative Processing. If you go under Administrative Processing the US Embassy will most likely keep your passport until they have reviewed your case thoroughly. If your case is still under Administrative Processing after September 30th of the DV fiscal year then you're out of luck and you will not get a DV visa.

Dear Friends, is it possible to change the point of entry once after visa granted? If Yes, How?

Dear Friends, is it possible to change the point of entry once after visa granted? If Yes, How?

Yes selg,

What matters is the address you gave them to send you your green card. If you gave an address in DC and you move to California then you will take the burden to get your green card from DC. Other wise there is no problem of you entering any port.

You don't need to notify them of change in POE, just arrive wherever you want :)

As Ormania said the important thing is the address the GC will be sent to. If you need to change that tell the officer at POE and they will update it on the system.

Yes selg,

What matters is the address you gave them to send you your green card. If you gave an address in DC and you move to California then you will take the burden to get your green card from DC. Other wise there is no problem of you entering any port.

@Selg,

Like Ormania said and as far as I understand this, you can change your point of entry as well as your hosting family's address (where you intended your green card to be mailed.) The most important thing is to notify the immigration official at your new point of entry of the new address. This issue has been discussed before in this forum in the following sample threads:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?547824-changing-port-of-entry-sponsor-after-interview

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?299138-Port-of-entry

Do remember to notify the USCIS of the changes after you have arrived at your final destination (if you have already made the Immigrant Fee payment online), or use the new address if you have not made the payment.

Other more knowledgeable members are welcome to correct me if the procedure is any different from the above.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

@Selg,

This might help:

"If you move to another residence after you arrive in the United States, you will need to update your address with USCIS:
° Step 1: Update your mailing address in USCIS ELIS under the “View My Profile” section on the main menu;
° Step 2: Report a change of address to USCIS within 10 days of moving to a new residence by completing a USCIS
Form AR-11, Change of Address. You can file an AR-11 online at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms or by
mail. If you use the Online Change of Address, you do not need to file a paper Form AR-11. To learn more about the
AR-11, Change of Address process please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ar-11.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you update your address by visiting your local U.S. post office in person or online at
https://www.usps.com/umove. You should receive a confirmation notice from the U.S. Postal Service of your address change at your
new residence."

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/How Do I Guides/F4en.pdf

I'm assuming change of POE would entail change in GC address.

just out of curiosity, I am single now but What if one get married after getting visa .... is it possible to apply for family reunion? if yes how, when and to whom?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Selg,

This might help:

"If you move to another residence after you arrive in the United States, you will need to update your address with USCIS:
° Step 1: Update your mailing address in USCIS ELIS under the “View My Profile” section on the main menu;
° Step 2: Report a change of address to USCIS within 10 days of moving to a new residence by completing a USCIS
Form AR-11, Change of Address. You can file an AR-11 online at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms or by
mail. If you use the Online Change of Address, you do not need to file a paper Form AR-11. To learn more about the
AR-11, Change of Address process please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ar-11.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you update your address by visiting your local U.S. post office in person or online at
https://www.usps.com/umove. You should receive a confirmation notice from the U.S. Postal Service of your address change at your
new residence."

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/How Do I Guides/F4en.pdf

I'm assuming change of POE would entail change in GC address.

Just to emphasize what may be lost in the above: all immigrants have to notify USCIS within 10 days of any change of address.

just out of curiosity, I am single now but What if one get married after getting visa .... is it possible to apply for family reunion? if yes how, when and to whom?

Yes, but you will be subject to a lot of scrutiny to ensure the marriage is genuine and not a "green card marriage"**. I think there is a way to add your spouse as a DV derivative if you have not entered the US yet, the embassy can advise you. If you have entered the US you have to file an immigration petition, which will include you having to file an affidavit of support showing you can financially support your spouse (and which leaves you liable to repay any welfare benefits the spouse may take on in future). Current waiting times for spouse of LPR can be seen in family-based visas section of the visa bulletin.

**I am assuming you are asking for a genuine marriage. If it is a green card marriage and the embassy/USCIS determines that, it is classed as immigration fraud - which means your visa/green card will be revoked and both you and your spouse barred for entry for life from the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.