• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Aby111 and 1danny! As you have suggested my 2NL arrived at a good time.
Questions: My transcripts grade 9-12 the dates are in Ethiopian calendar but every thing is written in English. what should I do?

Thanks,

Best wishes to all participants!
10q dan14

UPDATED INTERVIEW STATUS (ETHIOPIA)

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[td]INTERVIEW STATUS[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]piuygiu
[/td]
[td]2014AF0005***
[/td]
[td]AP (29 days since AP)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]kid123[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]natna[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]lehw[/td]
[td]2014AF00010***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 19[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td]
[td]gett[/td]
[td]2014AF00012***
[/td]
[td]2nd NL RCVD, No. Info[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td]
[td]sadat13[/td]
[td]2014AF00015***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 5[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7[/td]
[td]ison2013
[/td]
[td]2014AF00017***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8[/td]
[td]lilita[/td]
[td]2014AF00019***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td]
[td]1danny[/td]
[td]2014AF00021***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td]kusa[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td]
[td]Dan14[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td]
[td]aby111[/td]
[td]2014AF00023***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]13[/td]
[td]tiwni[/td]
[td]2014AF00024***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td]
[td]getder[/td]
[td]2014AF00025***
[/td]
[td]Esti. April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]15[/td]
[td]binafana[/td]
[td]2014AF00029***
[/td]
[td]Esti.April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16[/td]
[td]Ormania[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]17[/td]
[td]Tew[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]18[/td]
[td]mercy8924[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]19[/td]
[td]Hinicho[/td]
[td]2014AF00038***
[/td]
[td]Esti. June[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]20[/td]
[td]relose29[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]21[/td]
[td]dagm[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]

NB: Please relose29 and dagm disclose your positions....thanks.
hi Oromania , h r u?
i appreciate what r u doing now and in the future. it is helpful.
my case is not AP. I am not even interviewed.they give me a paper that said: when u finished ur medical u can visit the embassy at Tuesday or Thursday on afternoon. it like another appointment for an interview. in addition i am not pay the fee, $330. she told me u pay it when u fulfilled all the required documents. it means the medical result.
peace man.

Last edited by a moderator:
on this website, https://ceac.state.gov/ u can see ur visa status. anyone who already interviewed. use only your conformation numbers. avoid zero in front of the numbers. like 2014AF333333

in addition those who are interested to see the previous dv winner trend 2013 and the 2014 winner who interviewed and visa issued, on administrative process and those who visa denied all around the world, u can see in this website.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

i got this from Kenya forum.

Really? But it is not a correction that you supposed to ask. Don't worry will check and get back to you all.

BTW birth and marriage certificate is not a must to authenticate....but since we are trying to be perfectionist it will not cost us much...so try to get it done!
Thank you.

any one who has problems towards the name spelling.
one experienced man. he is so old. he advised lot of people regrading dv lottery visa. he said to me that, ur name spelling error on education document does not creat a big deal for visa processing. the major issue is u need to make similar ur passport, certificate and fingure print name; should be similar to the previous name that u sent to dv. it means name on congratulation paper.

any one who has problems towards the name spelling.
one experienced man. he is so old. he advised lot of people regrading dv lottery visa. he said to me that, ur name spelling error on education document does not creat a big deal for visa processing. the major issue is u need to make similar ur passport, certificate and fingure print name; should be similar to the previous name that u sent to dv. it means name on congratulation paper.

those who have a concern on spelling error and differences in sequencing names should not really worry. Refer to this link www.state.gov/documents/organization/94676.pdf‎ , it tells you every thing

hi friends;
just some questions to ask:
1.if the documents r written in amharic(ethiopian official language) & based on ethiopian calendar dates,is it necessary to translate it in english language & to gregorial calendar respectively?
2.i was in another town of ethiopia before came to addis ababa & i stayed there(that town) at least 6 months after i get 16 years of age.so,should i go to that town & get police cerificate?
thank you in advance!

Dear aby111
1. You have to translate all Amharic documents to English and their are legally authorized individuals to do those translations and they will put their signature and seal. When they translate they will convert all date to Gregorian calendar according to the dates that are present in your documents. If you see my question in the previous blog I mentioned that I have a problem on my transcripts i.e. dates are written in E.C. while the rest is in English so now I have decided to go back all the steps and correct it.

2.In the application form it says like that but some people told me the federal police clearance is sufficient. In my opinion it is better to stay on the safe side so I have already got two police certificates from two different regions, I have been since the age of 16, and when the interview date approaches I will go to the federal police clearance. But I am not sure weather this is necessary or not!

Good luck to all!!!

hi friends;
1.if the documents r written in amharic(ethiopian official language) & based on ethiopian calendar dates,is it necessary to translate it in english language & to gregorial calendar respectively?
2.i was in another town of ethiopia before came to addis ababa & i stayed there(that town) at least 6 months after i get 16 years of age.so,should i go to that town & get police cerificate?
thank you in advance!

@dan14;hi dan14
thank you so much for the info
for the query:
#1.in the instruction it says that"all documents not in english ,or in official language of z country in which application for a
visa is being made,must be accompanied by the certified translations".(amharic is official language)is this instruction updated(changed) ?
#2.i agree with your idea but it needs some clarification .so,i would be happy if some body who has reliabe info on this,give us a hint.
thanks!

hi Oromania , h r u?
i appreciate what r u doing now and in the future. it is helpful.
my case is not AP. I am not even interviewed.they give me a paper that said: when u finished ur medical u can visit the embassy at Tuesday or Thursday on afternoon. it like another appointment for an interview. in addition i am not pay the fee, $330. she told me u pay it when u fulfilled all the required documents. it means the medical result.
peace man.

My apologies piuygiu, and thanks.

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[td]INTERVIEW STATUS[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]piuygiu
[/td]
[td]2014AF0005***
[/td]
[td]Interview postponed due to medical report[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]kid123[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]natna[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]lehw[/td]
[td]2014AF00010***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 19[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td]
[td]gett[/td]
[td]2014AF00012***
[/td]
[td]2nd NL RCVD, No. Info[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td]
[td]sadat13[/td]
[td]2014AF00015***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 5[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7[/td]
[td]ison2013
[/td]
[td]2014AF00017***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8[/td]
[td]lilita[/td]
[td]2014AF00019***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td]
[td]1danny[/td]
[td]2014AF00021***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td]kusa[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td]
[td]Dan14[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td]
[td]aby111[/td]
[td]2014AF00023***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]13[/td]
[td]tiwni[/td]
[td]2014AF00024***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td]
[td]getder[/td]
[td]2014AF00025***
[/td]
[td]Esti. April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]15[/td]
[td]binafana[/td]
[td]2014AF00029***
[/td]
[td]Esti.April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16[/td]
[td]Ormania[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]17[/td]
[td]Tew[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]18[/td]
[td]mercy8924[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]19[/td]
[td]relose29[/td]
[td]2014AF00033***
[/td]
[td]Est. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]20[/td]
[td]Hinicho[/td]
[td]2014AF00038***[/td]
[td]Esti. June[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]21[/td]
[td]dagm[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]

NB: Please dagm disclose your position....thanks.

hi friends;
thank you in advance!

Dear aby111, hw hv u been?

I agree with Dan14, ur docs must be translated but could you shade some light on what this document is only written in Amharic. About the police certificate it says if you have lived in another country, not region. I think that is unnecessary worry to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.