• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Hi ormania, First thanks.I prepared most of them. Like authenticate ESLCE and high school Transcript, and also Medical, police certificate,passport,Birth Certificate and so on. All are ready. But I have a problem still. Do u remember the thing about we talked……… that name error on my ESLCE paper? I don’t get a solution still now. I try to communicate with the woreda court but they can’t help it. Of course they were doing such type of things before. but they say that they stopped now .can’t do those things.i don't know what to do. By the way what do u mean International Passport(valid for more than 6 months)

Dear all

I am not a DV winner, but your communication somehow impressed me. The scope of communication that you are carrying out is very much helpful for the people who have a concern. Furthermore it is very much practical.
There are two issue which I however considered very much important and missing.
1. I have a feeling that the people those who won the lottery will benefit a lot form this forum, nevertheless those who are participating are very few, I do not think these are the only people who won the lottery. It will be nice if we find a way of encouraging the others also to participate actively.
2. The DV 2012 and DV 2013 cutoff number shows that there were Ethiopian who had the case number even more than 80000, but we had never seen them participating in the forum.There were also the information that those Ethiopian with a very high case number also got the visa. I am confident that there are Ethiopians who won the lottery of DV 2014 with case number higher than actually depicted. May be they have lost the confidence of getting the visa. It all depends on the almighty God.Thus will be nice if we also encourage them to participate so that they will also benefit from the discussion.

I think i need to stop in case I made a lot of talking .

best

Thank you ofegi,

1) you are right people should be driven to such forums so that they can control their of processing. But the problem with Ethiopian winners is that they don't get much internet access unless they are in big cities like Addis. That's the challenge and i am even happy that at least we r 21 in this thread.

2)Sure there will be winners with high case numbers. But i don't think we couldn't see them coz of them losing hope. But if someone knows somebody regardless of their case number standing should drive them here to their benefit. Everybody should came and get the information here!

Hi ormania, First thanks.I prepared most of them. Like authenticate ESLCE and high school Transcript, and also Medical, police certificate,passport,Birth Certificate and so on. All are ready. But I have a problem still. Do u remember the thing about we talked……… that name error on my ESLCE paper? I don’t get a solution still now. I try to communicate with the woreda court but they can’t help it. Of course they were doing such type of things before. but they say that they stopped now .can’t do those things.i don't know what to do. By the way what do u mean International Passport(valid for more than 6 months)
Hey Lehw
Most of us have this problem but I contact one of my friend who is gone through this DV process before 4 years he told me don’t worry about spelling if doesn’t have a difference when you read it like Yonatan and someone can write it Yonathan but when you read it it’s the same. So don’t worry!! Natna and kid123 may be sharing their experience.
Valued Passport that will be valuable minimum for the coming 6 month b/c when you get the visa you can stay for 6 months only

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hinicho,But mine is not difference on reading.there is missing letter 'A' at the middle and adding 'E' letter at the end.this is on my name.the same mistake is happened on my gf name missing letter 'a' at the end.

Thanks Hinicho,But mine is not difference on reading.there is missing letter 'A' at the middle and adding 'E' letter at the end.this is on my name.the same mistake is happened on my gf name missing letter 'a' at the end.

Yea us I mention you in the above example the first one doesn’t have” h” the second one has” h”. but when you read it’s the same. So main also have the same case on my father and my gfather I write it with “a” but on my ESLCE is “e”. When you pronounce it’s totally no different. So if it doesn’t have difference it doesn’t be a problem. Take it easy, and see some other forms and post it on forms to get different experience. Good luck.

Hi lehw....

I agree with Hinicho, nothing more to add. But regarding the affidavit from court i will check asap and get back to you. Couse it should not be stopped to give that kind of service since it is our democratic right....

Good to know that your documents are set......now relax and wait for the CO to hand over the visa to you. CHEERS!

Hi lehw....

I agree with Hinicho, nothing more to add. But regarding the affidavit from court i will check asap and get back to you. Couse it should not be stopped to give that kind of service since it is our democratic right....

I managed to communicate with Woreda court registrar but they refused to see spelling error case in ESLCE only the court can correct Name change, spelling error of Marriage & birth certificate.

I managed to communicate with Woreda court registrar but they refused to see spelling error case in ESLCE only the court can correct Name change, spelling error of Marriage & birth certificate.

Additional information yesterday I checked ministry of foreign affairs about authentication of birth & marriage certificate, they can authenticate if woreda “yekibir mezigeb “ office should put signature & seal back side of the document ,then we can go ministry of foreign affairs and authenticate . if it is necessary.

Really? But it is not a correction that you supposed to ask. Don't worry will check and get back to you all.

BTW birth and marriage certificate is not a must to authenticate....but since we are trying to be perfectionist it will not cost us much...so try to get it done!
Thank you.

Police certificate from Ethiopia

Hi Guys,
My Best wishes for all!! I found this site to be very informative and I would like to thank all who made this site valuable!!
I'm one of the winners of DV2014 with a case number: 2014AF 51*** (documents sent 8th May and confirmed by KCC). Till now, I didn't bother of getting my documents ready for possible future interview as my case number is high. But looking the way things are progressing, I've built confidence that I may be called for an interview in July/August.
My question is I live in Europe and have a European Nationality but I was born Ethiopian and lived till my early twenties in Ethiopia. Do you guys know:
1. How I can get Police Certificate and the requirements to get it?
2. Do I have to wait my second letter to seek for police certificate?

Thank you for your time.

@Sunnyb

For police certificate in the European countries you need to request the court of the country where you live by mail (postal service) and they will give it to you. Regarding getting police certificate from Ethiopia you need to go to Ethiopia and give finger prints. There is an office for this purpose.

@lhew Where did u get medical test and how long took you to receive the results?

@all participants : when a cut off number is indicated and your number is current does that mean that you will get interview on the month where your number is current?

CN: 2014AF00022XXX
2nd NL: no updates so far

@Sunnyb

For police certificate in the European countries you need to request the court of the country where you live by mail (postal service) and they will give it to you. Regarding getting police certificate from Ethiopia you need to go to Ethiopia and give finger prints. There is an office for this purpose.

@lhew Where did u get medical test and how long took you to receive the results?

@all participants : when a cut off number is indicated and your number is current does that mean that you will get interview on the month where your number is current?

CN: 2014AF00022XXX
2nd NL: no updates so far

yes you r right ,If a Category is "Current" then visas are immediately available for issuance by the
consulate, and tables on the Visa Bulletin indicate this fact with a "C" under the
appropriate chargeability area.

that means indirectly, the numbers with current number will be interviewed during that month & will pick up their visa
for more info check:http://www.lexisnexis.com/practiceareas/immigration/pdfs/web679.pdf
cheers

@aby111
Thank you again it is a nice information.
Best regards,
yes you r right ,If a Category is "Current" then visas are immediately available for issuance by the
consulate, and tables on the Visa Bulletin indicate this fact with a "C" under the
appropriate chargeability area.

that means indirectly, the numbers with current number will be interviewed during that month & will pick up their visa
for more info check:http://www.lexisnexis.com/practiceareas/immigration/pdfs/web679.pdf
cheers

@Dan14

I took medical test at IOM the place where near to DH GEDA tower.i went to there on Tuesday with copy of 2nl and 2 photos for each(my wife and baby) and copy of passports.after that she gave me an appointment for Monday(after 6 days). on Monday they send us to first floor and the officer gave us a form to be signed. The form talk about what are u going to be give in the lab and so on. Then we signed it. And go to the lab and give blood test. after that there x-ray room is outside the compound behind to friendship. Me and my wife wrote our tel no on the paper where they gave us and they took x-ray test both of us not for the baby he is 4 years and he gave only blood test. and then they told us to come back on Wednesday after 2 days. Wednesday was a physical test .we took an eye examination that is they show us a picture and expect to identify the position (up, down, left, right) after a while they call my name and go to the doctor. she check three of us respectively(without cloth). after all these she told us everything is OK including X-ray and blood test so we can come and take confirmation paper before getting to interview. That is all!!! One thing I forgot we pay 3000 and something for three of us after x-ray test. there was some discount for the baby.

Hi Guys,
My Best wishes for all!! I found this site to be very informative and I would like to thank all who made this site valuable!!
I'm one of the winners of DV2014 with a case number: 2014AF 51*** (documents sent 8th May and confirmed by KCC). Till now, I didn't bother of getting my documents ready for possible future interview as my case number is high. But looking the way things are progressing, I've built confidence that I may be called for an interview in July/August.
My question is I live in Europe and have a European Nationality but I was born Ethiopian and lived till my early twenties in Ethiopia. Do you guys know:
1. How I can get Police Certificate and the requirements to get it?
2. Do I have to wait my second letter to seek for police certificate?

Thank you for your time.

Hi Sunnyb, welcome to our thread...

Regarding your question:

1) Is there an Ethiopian embassy where you are living now? if so go there and discuss it with them, they will handle it, according to previous testimonies. But if there is no embassy you will have to go to the local police station where you are living and explain to them. They can take your 10 finger prints and you can send it to the Ethiopian police along with 3 passport photographs, copy of your passport and 2nd NL.

2)Normally yes. But in your case it would be better if you start the process like 3months before your interview....

There was one guy named KIDAME on the 2010 DV winners thread who had same problem as you, that is what i learned from their conversation....you can check on page 1,3 & 4 post numbers 13,82 and 93... on this link http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?313103-Dv-lottery-2011-from-ethiopia

Good luck.

@Dan14

I took medical test at IOM the place where near to DH GEDA tower.i went to there on Tuesday with copy of 2nl and 2 photos for each(my wife and baby) and copy of passports.after that she gave me an appointment for Monday(after 6 days). on Monday they send us to first floor and the officer gave us a form to be signed. The form talk about what are u going to be give in the lab and so on. Then we signed it. And go to the lab and give blood test. after that there x-ray room is outside the compound behind to friendship. Me and my wife wrote our tel no on the paper where they gave us and they took x-ray test both of us not for the baby he is 4 years and he gave only blood test. and then they told us to come back on Wednesday after 2 days. Wednesday was a physical test .we took an eye examination that is they show us a picture and expect to identify the position (up, down, left, right) after a while they call my name and go to the doctor. she check three of us respectively(without cloth). after all these she told us everything is OK including X-ray and blood test so we can come and take confirmation paper before getting to interview. That is all!!! One thing I forgot we pay 3000 and something for three of us after x-ray test. there was some discount for the baby.

Nice! Thank you.

UPDATED INTERVIEW STATUS (ETHIOPIA)

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[td]INTERVIEW STATUS[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]piuygiu
[/td]
[td]2014AF0005***
[/td]
[td]AP (29 days since AP)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]kid123[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]natna[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]lehw[/td]
[td]2014AF00010***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 19[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td]
[td]gett[/td]
[td]2014AF00012***
[/td]
[td]2nd NL RCVD, No. Info[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td]
[td]sadat13[/td]
[td]2014AF00015***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 5[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7[/td]
[td]ison2013
[/td]
[td]2014AF00017***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8[/td]
[td]lilita[/td]
[td]2014AF00019***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td]
[td]1danny[/td]
[td]2014AF00021***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td]kusa[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td]
[td]Dan14[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td]
[td]aby111[/td]
[td]2014AF00023***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]13[/td]
[td]tiwni[/td]
[td]2014AF00024***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td]
[td]getder[/td]
[td]2014AF00025***
[/td]
[td]Esti. April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]15[/td]
[td]binafana[/td]
[td]2014AF00029***
[/td]
[td]Esti.April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16[/td]
[td]Ormania[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]17[/td]
[td]Tew[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]18[/td]
[td]mercy8924[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]19[/td]
[td]Hinicho[/td]
[td]2014AF00038***
[/td]
[td]Esti. June[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]20[/td]
[td]relose29[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]21[/td]
[td]dagm[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]

NB: Please relose29 and dagm disclose your positions....thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.