• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lehw Thank you for the detailed explanation!

@Ormania and sunnyb, I don't know if the embassy can intervene to get a a police certificate from foreign office but it is wise to communicate them I think they will help him to process in getting police clearance from Ethiopia.

But for other countries, I mean to get a police clearance if you live outside Ethiopia for more than 12 months, you need to make application to the respective office. This is the case for most developed countries. I think this link might be helpful http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/‎
Copy and paste it on your browser

@all participants,

My transcripts, grade 9and 10, are in English but the dates are not in Gregorian calendar rather in Ethiopian calender. So what should I do? Do I have to change the transcripts? Any one who experienced this stuff or having information.

Thanks for the help,

@lehw Thank you for the detailed explanation!

@Ormania and sunnyb, I don't know if the embassy can intervene to get a a police certificate from foreign office but it is wise to communicate them I think they will help him to process in getting police clearance from Ethiopia.

But for other countries, I mean to get a police clearance if you live outside Ethiopia for more than 12 months, you need to make application to the respective office. This is the case for most developed countries. I think this link might be helpful http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/‎
Copy and paste it on your browser

@all participants,

My transcripts, grade 9and 10, are in English but the dates are not in Gregorian calendar rather in Ethiopian calender. So what should I do? Do I have to change the transcripts? Any one who experienced this stuff or having information.

Thanks for the help,

Dan, Does your education meet this standard?

"You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications:
An Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination (12th grade) showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)
A 12th grade ESLCE and a Teacher Training certificate, (or)
Proof of graduation from the Ethiopian Military Academy (or
Proof of graduation from a TVET 10+3 program. New TVET certificates documenting levels of achievement are not accepted because they do not meet the minimum requirement of 12 years of basic education. Any educational document presented may be subject to independent verification by U.S. Embassy staff.
You must submit official copies of school transcripts along with the above certificates. These requirements are determined by U.S. immigration law, and are not determined by this Embassy."

@britsimon

Thank you for the comments and explanation. I fulfill the educational requirements.

Regards,

Thanks for that list Ormania! I hope we all have some good news to share over the next few months. Good luck to all three interviewing soon!! Please update us when you are done!

Beyond that, I talked to the guy who recently went through his interview as I said I would a couple of weeks ago. He said that the only thing he was asked was "who is your sponsor?'' and "will you stay with them?" He was not asked anything about an affidavit of support.

I will email the embassy right now and let you know what they say.

Thanks relose29 it will be updated next time......atetfa enji jal!
To help Ormania please winner put or write your signature... as follow.
Signature I copy from Kenyan forum.

For your fellow DV winners to be able to know and interact with you well please update your signatures. This is the place your forum mates will see when you sent the forms, when you are going for medicals, interviews, and even your POE Point Of Entry or where you intend to stay in the US.

Steps >>>> At the top of the page go to Forum Action >>>>Click on Edit Profile >>>> on the left side of the page go to >> My Settings >>> click on >>> Edit Signature. When a page opens >> this is where you will write your details to look like the ones you see below our posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really good Idea. Thanks

For your fellow DV winners to be able to know and interact with you well please update your signatures. This is the place your forum mates will see when you sent the forms, when you are going for medicals, interviews, and even your POE Point Of Entry or where you intend to stay in the US.

Steps >>>> At the top of the page go to Forum Action >>>>Click on Edit Profile >>>> on the left side of the page go to >> My Settings >>> click on >>> Edit Signature. When a page opens >> this is where you will write your details to look like the ones you see below our posts.

hi guys today i receive 2NL & my status has been updated.based on the update my interview will be the first week of March in US embassy in Addis.
GLORY TO GOD

Thanks for that list Ormania! I hope we all have some good news to share over the next few months. Good luck to all three interviewing soon!! Please update us when you are done!

Beyond that, I talked to the guy who recently went through his interview as I said I would a couple of weeks ago. He said that the only thing he was asked was "who is your sponsor?'' and "will you stay with them?" He was not asked anything about an affidavit of support.

I will email the embassy right now and let you know what they say.

Thanks Tew, good of you! Waiting for the embassy email enquirer....

1Danny thank you very much. Hope all will update their signature soon.

hi guys today i receive 2NL & my status has been updated.based on the update my interview will be the first week of March in US embassy in Addis.
GLORY TO GOD

Congrats aby111! Good news to all of us. We will have experience narrations for this month and next month....nice!

Dear Friend
2nl.I receive e-mail from KCC to check ESC website, my status is updated ,appointment has been scheduled last week of March.
HAPPY ETHIOPIAN EPIPHANY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and good luck to both Aby111 and 1danny!!

By the way, I didn't realise there were so many Ethiopians on the forum! Ormania's list is a surprise.

Congratulations to Aby111 and 1danny! As you have suggested my 2NL arrived at a good time.
Questions: My transcripts grade 9-12 the dates are in Ethiopian calendar but every thing is written in English. what should I do?

Thanks,

Best wishes to all participants!

hey Dear friends!!!

I received second notification email & my status is updated my interview is first week of March!!!
PRAISE to LORD:D:D:D
have a happy holiday!!!

by the way i like to say tanxs all member of the forum specially Ormania u did good job i got a lots of helpful information keep it up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.