• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi piguien &ormania..or somene else DOES it mean if i go to KAZANCHIS without regional authentication is allowed..??since i'm from SNNPRS.....DOES IT mean i'm not expected to go to Hawassa for final authentication..?

Dear sadat13 please understand, i will not get bored to help someone in need. It is just that we all participate here while working or like you studding so we may be somtimes short of time to give detailed replys. Ok?

Coming to your question, as it show in my previous post indicating the procedures to authenticate educational certificates you need to authenticate the transcript for grade 10 & 12. But one of our forum mate who had interview this year reveled that there is no need to authenticate the grade 10 & 12 transcripts. So we are left with two choices, to authenticate or not! But what i will do is, if i were you, to go to my regional bureau and do the authentication because i don't want to give the CO any chance of denying my visa!

If you go to Kasanchis at Ministry of Foreign affairs document authentication office to authenticate your transcript, they will not. Because you need to authenticate it first at the regional level.....Hope i gave you clear picture now.

So what do you think you will do? BTW when is your interview?

Hi..... yeah ormania you are right

Yeah you are right...currently i'm in the city to get my transcript..but i asked my freind in addis to check personaly at kassanchis whether or not the authentication is necesary at regional level but he said it's not necessary &what i need to do is to present those documents at 5 kilo then to kassanchis...my interview on february 5 but i already prepared birth,unmarried..etc

Yeah you are right...currently i'm in the city to get my transcript..but i asked my freind in addis to check personaly at kassanchis whether or not the authentication is necesary at regional level but he said it's not necessary &what i need to do is to present those documents at 5 kilo then to kassanchis...my interview on february 5 but i already prepared birth,unmarried..etc

I think we misunderstood each other.

1) Transcript means the paper which caries your score during your (4 in old curriculum and 2 in the current) physical years score in each subject. Ministry of Foreign Affairs will not authenticate this paper if you take it as it is, unless you authenticate it in the regional level. This document is not needed at the embassy but better have it with you, for the obvious reason.

2) 12th grade certificate (Ethiopian School Leaving Certificate Examination, ESLCE ) or the current 10th and 12th grade certificate is what the embassy need you to present as a high school document. This document is administered by the National Examination Organization located at 5killo. So this NEO has to authenticate it first before you take it to Ministry of Foreign Affairs. MoFA will not authenticate it unless NEO do so first.

I hope we understand each other better now.

Congrats for your Feb. 5th interview date, wishing you the best.

BTW, what is your case number?

Hey guys how should look the police certificate

WOW!

That's a really great and good news!

Congratulations natna! Well don.

Wish you all the best!

guys i am a DV winner CN 29XXX
I did got the birth certificate it's card.
I didn't got the police certificate because i don't know how it should look whether card certificate??I am afraid may be they don't have formal certificate ask you to write application and hit that stamp??? I remember my cousin from Europe wanted Ethiopian birth certificate. He went to the social court which issues the certificate and asked him to write an application and hit stamp on it. When he took that certificate to the embassy they throw that paper on his face and refused to accept it. I want to know what you police certificate looks

guys i am a DV winner CN 29XXX
I did got the birth certificate it's card.
I didn't got the police certificate because i don't know how it should look whether card certificate??I am afraid may be they don't have formal certificate ask you to write application and hit that stamp??? I remember my cousin from Europe wanted Ethiopian birth certificate. He went to the social court which issues the certificate and asked him to write an application and hit stamp on it. When he took that certificate to the embassy they throw that paper on his face and refused to accept it. I want to know what you police certificate looks

Dear binafana, take it easy man. Your case number is high and i advice you not to apply for police certificate before you receive your 2nl (second notification latter) because it expires after sometime. So be patient about it. BTW the police certificate is issued from the police department located near Black lione hospital and behind Immigration office, not court.

Hi,is that must paid USCIS fee by my sponcers before my interview date?thanx

Dear lehw the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) fee is a fee to process your Green Card which will allow you to work in the U.S and it is paid only after you got your visa. You will not pay the USCIS fee before your interview. Yourself, your sponsor or anybody can pay it.

Does the police certificate from ADDIS ABABA ???

hey guys please your replay
do we have the police certificate from addisbaba only? I live in region confused from where i will get it

many thanx

Dear binafana, take it easy man. Your case number is high and i advice you not to apply for police certificate before you receive your 2nl (second notification latter) because it expires after sometime. So be patient about it. BTW the police certificate is issued from the police department located near Black lione hospital and behind Immigration office, not court.

thank you my great bro i didn't refreshed the page

thanx ormania.i have another question.is that my wife's work experience important on our interview day?there is incorrect work experience date b/n the form which i was send and the work experience document we have.thanx again!!

thanx ormania.i have another question.is that my wife's work experience important on our interview day?there is incorrect work experience date b/n the form which i was send and the work experience document we have.thanx again!!

Hi lehw,

Who is the winner? you or the wife? The embassy only look through the primary/winner applicants documents. ID,Passport,Birth Certificate, Educational Certificate,Police certificate and Marriage certificate (if married) of the primary applicants are needed. For the wife she should present one copy of the Marriage certificate, her birth certificate, police certificate and the passport (don't forget photographs and money as well lol). In short, no need for your wife's experience and educational certificate.

Oh my God.......Ormania i got some problem today.on my ECSLCE cards there is some spelling error(on my name) .and they(ministry of education)told me it cant be correct.they said "if you want we can certify it as it is."So what am i going to do?i have another ECSLCEE certificate .that is a year after the first one.there is no spelling error on that certificate.shall i certify two of them?please give me an idea.thanx for the previous question.you are answer me clearly.i won the dv. So that problem is resolved.

Oh my God.......Ormania i got some problem today.on my ECSLCE cards there is some spelling error(on my name) .and they(ministry of education)told me it cant be correct.they said "if you want we can certify it as it is."So what am i going to do?i have another ECSLCEE certificate .that is a year after the first one.there is no spelling error on that certificate.shall i certify two of them?please give me an idea.thanx for the previous question.you are answer me clearly.i won the dv. So that problem is resolved.

Hi lehw,

Its ok. Take it easy. I have same problem, guess what, on my grand father not only that on my father not only that on my own! And also i have two ESLCE results. I took the second one to improve my math from D and i did improved it to C. Better present the first one since you have already indicated the time you finished high school on your DS form. But if the first one does not have enough passing grades (i.e. 5 passing grades in five subjects) you should authenticate both and take them.

National Examination Organization will never correct the spelling mistakes. I had been to the head of NEO (Ato Araya) and was told not to think about it. Instead i was advised to take my certificate to woreda court and make an affidavit for the document. i.e. you will take your kebele ID or passport and tell them that my real name is this and the name written on my exam result and i are same person. So they will confirm that to you in a written paper. So on your interview date when you go, go along this paper. Don't submit it unless they asked for it. Because most people are saying that since we (Ethiopians) are careless about our documents written in another language other than Amharic, the U.S. Embassy in Addis seem not to be harsh on us (Mind you i have not confirmed this from the embassy but people confirmed it).

So my dear friend relax. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear ormian what do you mean by five pass mark??? we only took five subjects during the late 90s E.C I have two pass mark and three below fifty but my total mark is above pass mark 26X of 500? But also i have BSc digree with two years work experience as till my interview periods.

Dear ormian what do you mean by five pass mark??? we only took five subjects during the late 90s E.C I have two pass mark and three below fifty but my total mark is above pass mark 26X out of 500? But also i have BSc digree with two years work experience as till my interview periods.

Dear ormian what do you mean by five pass mark??? we only took five subjects during the late 90s E.C I have two pass mark and three below fifty but my total mark is above pass mark 26X of 500? But also i have BSc digree with two years work experience as till my interview periods.

Dear binafana, this is what the US embassy requirement is|:-

You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications:

An Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination (12th grade) showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)
A 12th grade ESLCE and a Teacher Training certificate, (or)
Proof of graduation from the Ethiopian Military Academy

Passing grade mean D and above. F is not acceptable. During the 90's we use to take 6 subjects not 5.

You can follow the link below and see it for your self.

http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/dv_requirements.html

Dear ormania i don't know what to say.Thank you for your time and willingness for your quick response.God bless u!!

Status
Not open for further replies.