• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ormania I really appreciate your quick response .I have sent all forms to KCC on Oct 8 2013 by DHL.KCC received my forms on Oct 11 2013.I think I was late. So is that the problem? Can you guess when will be the 2nl send by KCC.
Thanks!

As britsimon said, ur 2nd nl is coming soon! Be patient and get all your docs ready...

To all Ethiopian selectees, especially those of you who have already been interviewed: would it be problematic if the spelling (actually, the vowels) of one's name as it appears in one's high school transcript has one or more errors? Do I need to get a replacement that matches all my other documents? Thanks in advance for the reply!

As mercy8924 said, you should get a replacement. I had same problem, one spelling error on my grand father, father and my name. I saked them to help me correct it and the made it exactly same as my passport and birth certificate. Not like my ESLCE, coz it is also having error and not possible to change it. The only way to do when your ESLCE is having mistake is by going to court and getting court assurance about the oneness of the person holding those documents.

Cheers!

Hello dear friends
i have exact same problem with my ESLCE certificate, my Grandfather name has spelling error, so should i have to go court before Minister of Education and how long it take to replace the certificate?

I got my 2nd notification letter on ed,website....

Hi guys thanks for the almighty...to day my status is updated .KCC scheduled my interview day on february 5 in Addis Ababa embassy....good luck for the rest of all Ethiopian dv winners..

Hello dear friends
i have exact same problem with my ESLCE certificate, my Grandfather name has spelling error, so should i have to go court before Minister of Education and how long it take to replace the certificate?

lilita,

You will get no solution from neither Ministry of Education nor National Examination Organization. I had gone there and told me that not possible at all to correct name errors. But if you lose your certificate they will give you replacement as it was with your previous one. I don't think it will be a problem at the US embassy, but just to be on safe side just get the court paper and if they question you about it you will shout the court paper. That's all.

Hi guys thanks for the almighty...to day my status is updated .KCC scheduled my interview day on february 5 in Addis Ababa embassy....good luck for the rest of all Ethiopian dv winners..

Congratulations my brother! That's a great news! Please promise us now not to disappear after the interview. You should come and share your experience with us! Hope you will do so.

I have also received the appointment notice, and I'm scheduled to be interviewed in the first week of February 2014. Yet another phase of the long wait has been concluded successfully. Keep the faith and persevere, everyone!!

Congratulations Sadat13!! Wish you all the best with your interview!! LEt us know the outcome of your interview.

I have also received the appointment notice, and I'm scheduled to be interviewed in the first week of February 2014. Yet another phase of the long wait has been concluded successfully. Keep the faith and persevere, everyone!!

Congratulations ison2013!! Wish you all the best with your interview!! Please do share your interview experience.

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the replies to my earlier questions. And congrats to those who passed their interviews!

By the way, I have been hearing that a sponsor is no longer required. Anyone know anything about that? I mean, in the past we had to have a US sponsor fill an affidavit of support form on our behalf and attach tax returns. But I have heard that is not needed this year. Plus on this link: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ethiopia/956093/PDF Files/DV 2015 Info Handout.pdf - it says a sponsor is not needed, but it's for DV 2015.

So, I am getting ready for my appointment, and I need to know 100% if I need to have someone fill a form for me or not.

Thanks!

I am so happy that the numbers jumped significantly for February over that of January. I was starting to wonder if my number would ever get current. But now we are only 1,400 behind last year's! So I'm optimistic May or June will be my time.

God be with You !

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the replies to my earlier questions. And congrats to those who passed their interviews!

By the way, I have been hearing that a sponsor is no longer required. Anyone know anything about that? I mean, in the past we had to have a US sponsor fill an affidavit of support form on our behalf and attach tax returns. But I have heard that is not needed this year. Plus on this link: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ethiopia/956093/PDF Files/DV 2015 Info Handout.pdf - it says a sponsor is not needed, but it's for DV 2015.

So, I am getting ready for my appointment, and I need to know 100% if I need to have someone fill a form for me or not.

Thanks!

I am so happy that the numbers jumped significantly for February over that of January. I was starting to wonder if my number would ever get current. But now we are only 1,400 behind last year's! So I'm optimistic May or June will be my time.

Dear Tew, yes sponsor is not required and have never heard anyone be disqualified due to sponsor absence. But yet, the best advice people are giving is to get it if possible, especially if you have accompanying family members, so that it will be a guarantee for the CO that you will not be a public charge after arrival in the US.

Yeah the numbers are good for us, i expect our date to be latest April if not May.

Dear Tew,

The appointment letter (aka, 2nd notification letter) instructs to "Please follow the instructions provided in Step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in preparation for your interview. ", and if you follow that link, and observe the section "Interview Preparation", you'll find a hyperlink that takes you to another page, where you'll find "Embassy/Consulate-Specific Interview Guidelines" with detailed instructions in pdf format. In the pdf for ADD-Addis Ababa, it's stated that one has to provide "Evidence of Financial support", along with other documents. Note that the revision date for this pdf is shown as January 2013 in the right bottom of the pdf page. I'm not quite sure what "evidence of financial support" would entail.

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Dear Tew,

The appointment letter (aka, 2nd notification letter) instructs to "Please follow the instructions provided in Step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in preparation for your interview. ", and if you follow that link, and observe the section "Interview Preparation", you'll find a hyperlink that takes you to another page, where you'll find "Embassy/Consulate-Specific Interview Guidelines" with detailed instructions in pdf format. In the pdf for ADD-Addis Ababa, it's stated that one has to provide "Evidence of Financial support", along with other documents. Note that the revision date for this pdf is shown as January 2013 in the right bottom of the pdf page. I'm not quite sure what "evidence of financial support" would entail.

Ison2013,

In theory any selectee can be asked this during the interview. Some embassies (and it sounds like ADD is one of those) are particularly hot on it. Basically the CO is supposed to make a judgement that you are not likely to become a public charge - i.e. that you can support yourself financially. For many people that means they are supporting themselves and prove that by showing bank statements or other proof that they have the necessary funds to survive (which is considered to mean around $10k per adult).

For others who don't have that amount of cash they could produce an affidavit of support (form I134) from a friend/relative in the USA. That person provides proof of their ability to support the immigrant.

For some, proving financial ability means a combination of personal funds, an I134 and so on. Some have been denied the visa for failing to show this proof, some (at least one from this forum) are on AP pending getting this info, and some people are not even asked during the interview. However, given the note in ADD, you certainly should be prepared with this evidence.

Thanks guys. That link shows "Immigrant Visa Applicants'' which is a bit different from DV immigrants (even though we are also immigrant visa applicants), since they are petitioned by someone else (who thus sponsors them) but we are our own petitioners. The whole thing is just confusing.

I have found someone who passed his interview last week, but I am yet to call him. I'll see what his experience was and share it here. I'll also contact the embassy and see.

Got 2nd nl.

Today my status is updated .KCC scheduled my interview day on February.give us u'r experience those of you who have already been interviewed.And good luck for the rest!

HI FRIENDS..currently i'm in addis for education(university)...since i'm from other city i need to know about the authentication of education documents(10&12) grade..........what can i do

Thanks guys. That link shows "Immigrant Visa Applicants'' which is a bit different from DV immigrants (even though we are also immigrant visa applicants), since they are petitioned by someone else (who thus sponsors them) but we are our own petitioners. The whole thing is just confusing.

I have found someone who passed his interview last week, but I am yet to call him. I'll see what his experience was and share it here. I'll also contact the embassy and see.

I have asked US Embassy in Addis a couple of months back and been informed that AOS is no longer required for DV applicant; It is true it used to be required in the past. I will also check again if there is a new procedure in place and keep you updated. If you get any info, please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.