• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Age of singles who won DV lottery?

almo

Registered Users (C)
I came to a conclusion that singles of age over 26 years cannot win DV lottery. There is a big conspiracy behind DV lottery.

PLEASE ALL SINGLES WHO WON DV LOTTERY LIST YOUR AGE TO PROVE ME I AM WRONG!!!!!!!

I'm 24 and I've got the NL :) But I'm not sure if i can win it because i don't have sufficient fund and my CN is very high(AS00023xxx) How old are you?

wrong

I came to a conclusion that singles of age over 26 years cannot win DV lottery.

I am 24 yrs and i had my visa.

I went to the embassy on my day of interview and i met so singles who are 26yrs and above yet they were winners. In fact they had their visa as well.

THE BATTLE IS OF THE LORD

I came to a conclusion that singles of age over 26 years cannot win DV lottery. There is a big conspiracy behind DV lottery.

PLEASE ALL SINGLES WHO WON DV LOTTERY LIST YOUR AGE TO PROVE ME I AM WRONG!!!!!!!

Born on the May 1978, you do the maths ;-)

That is wrong. The age where the boundary lies is about 11-12 years old, not 26 years old. But it is unlawful, and it is the result of the conspiracy. There should be no discrimination like that.

I was 27 when I won. Wow, I must have been really lucky that they gave me the visa... maybe they didn't look at my year of birth and thought that I looked younger lol.
Btw: that theory is BS but I have the feeling that you know that yourself and just wanted to get some reactions ;-)

Well, I'm over 30 and still won...
But being Asian, I normally look younger, so that was why then...

I have seen this kind of speculations many times before, but people always come to a conclusion that probably the majority of people who apply for the DV are aged 20-35, that's why it looks as if they intentionally choose younger people... But actually, there are people in their 40s or 50s and still get selected.

The age where the boundary lies is about 11-12 years old, not 26 years old. But it is unlawful, and it is the result of the conspiracy. There should be no discrimination like that.
Oops. Just noticed you meant discriminating for ages AFTER the age provided, and I confirm discrimination on age BEFORE age I provided. So, what I mean here the lottery program definitely discriminates (unlawfully) against those who are younger than 11-12 years old.

Those who are younger than 11-12 years old are dependable of their parents and would immigrate as dependants so there is not really discrimination there. A child is not going to participate on his own! The discrimination is high school diploma requirement which technically forbid people under 18 to participate without really saying it.

Those who are younger than 11-12 years old are dependable of their parents and would immigrate as dependants so there is not really discrimination there. A child is not going to participate on his own! The discrimination is high school diploma requirement which technically forbid people under 18 to participate without really saying it.
That is incorrect.

First, a minor could immigrate to the US using DV lottery program and be dependent on his or her parents there in the US (for instance, in case parents are already in the US).
Second, in some countries equivalent of high school education is achieved earlier than at the age of 18.
Third, educational requirement could be achieved via work just for 2 years on a position that requires certain skills. That could be all the case even for a 10-year old kid (for instance, for a genious one).

So, nothing in the law discriminates against a 10 years old child, provided all the other conditions are satisfied. However, the electronic form just does not allow this child to enter his or her year of birth from an option menu. That is definitely illegal and that is the result of the conspiracy.