• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Age of singles who won DV lottery?

alemitmee can you say geriatric. You're almost due for social security! he he he :rolleyes: :D :p

Well I have to start paying into it first!! :)

Lets for a minute think about the profile of those that participate. It mostly singles in their 20’s. If I was 40 and was in the middle of paying off a mortgage, had a good job and a few kids then I would probably not bother playing. Right now I am single and have no ties to where I live. I think people will find that is the general background of DV winners from the EU at least. I think AF and AS regions tend to have more family applications I reckon.

27 and single from Europe with no links to any particular place. A drifter really. Couple of degrees, getting a PhD currently, hoping to rake in some proper money once I move to California.

Anyway not so many people replied. Even less probability for us over 30 years.
Oh come on, there's no conspiracy... Not everyone who wins reads in this forum and I wouldn't doubt that a lot of the winners don't think that a thread like this needs their response.
As has been mentioned before: there are probably more winners who are in their 20s than winners who are in their 50s. But that's simply because there are more people who take part in the lottery when they're still fairly young.
But I guess some people see a conspiracy everywhere....lol

i think if you want to go you should not wait for luck to decide -just go -get the visa somehow an then.......do as 90%of immigrants do (you know...);wining the GC loterry does not means they would actualy give it you once you get to the embassy -consul might refuse you (its pretty big chance -they are rejecting up to 65% of those who win the lotery -some for this and that reason -you need money or relatives in the US to send ypu affidavits etc .+ you need to pay lots of money for visa procesing -now its 775 DOLLARS and they not gurantee that you will be accepted -you got to cashier in the US embassy and they tak your money -5 Bminutes later consul comes and seys sorry you cant go -but they not refund the money

i think if you want to go you should not wait for luck to decide -just go -get the visa somehow an then.......do as 90%of immigrants do (you know...);wining the GC loterry does not means they would actualy give it you once you get to the embassy -consul might refuse you (its pretty big chance -they are rejecting up to 65% of those who win the lotery -some for this and that reason -you need money or relatives in the US to send ypu affidavits etc .+ you need to pay lots of money for visa procesing -now its 775 DOLLARS and they not gurantee that you will be accepted -you got to cashier in the US embassy and they tak your money -5 Bminutes later consul comes and seys sorry you cant go -but they not refund the money

I would get a visa if I were chosen. Tourist visa in not a solution.