AC-140, Mumbai, January CP interview ---lets start a new thread here

Hi BMB CP:

I did it with my lawyer, but he did nothing to help me out. I gave all the papers, and he just prepared the cover letter (that too with mistakes !!!).

Don\'t wait for them to send them an email. Try calling them between 2-4pm (IST). That will be very early in the morning. The numbers are 363 7407/363 7408.

Its not easy to get through, but repeated trying will get you there !!!

Good Luck !

Thanks!

WaitnWatch:

Thanks!

The main reason for my query was: I had seen several postings for Bombay AC-I140 thru\' attorneys, where case # was sent via e-mail to the attorney within 2-3 days.

Just curious, but did your attorney not get the case # by e-mail (or did not care to pass it on to you) from Bombay?

From your mail, it looks like you got your case # on your own, by calling Bombay, right?

Counceller Process

hey guys,

i m also thinking to go for Counceller process. Please let me know..
- What is the procedure for counceller process ??? What documents we require if i get interview in Bombay consulate ???
- What is AC140 ???
- What is the success rate for counceller process ???

Thanks,

Chirag

received response from bombay for January interview

Detail about my case:
Category: EB2
Consulate: Bombay
Mailed Packet 3 to consulate: 10/29
Received e-mail fro consulate for January interview

Need to find out

waitnwatch,
          I didn\'t believe the first operator because he didn\'t seem to know AC I-140 procedure. It took me a while to convince him that I don\'t have the case no. and the consulate should give it to me. Maybe the same operator talked to you. But we need to make sure. Since the response time for the emails is too long calling again is the only option.

I don\'t think you have to send the papers again

Hi waitnwatch,
Thanks for the update. I sent an email query to the consulate on Friday, Nov 2--no reply as yet-- I think I should call them. To answer your question regarding the packet III, I don\'t think you have to send the papers again if they already have your papers. Try clarifying the matter by calling them again- or have somebody from Bombay call them for you. Good luck!

Talked again with operator at Mumbai...

But looks like I hit the same operator today. Upon asking when can I expect my interview, I was told that call after one week and that\'s when they will know !!!!

Then she told me that they have mailed P3. Upon talking further and trying to tell her that I have already sent the P3, she told me that if P3 is there in the papers then I don\'t need to send anything. I asked her to verify but she told me that she does not have access and neither she has access to update my file in computer to note down that I have sent it.

So, looks like I have not moved an inch today !!!

Anyway, I am thinking of sending the P3 again today via UPS, just in case those guys screw up. If they don\'t, they will have duplicate copy and I will be spending extra $$.

My lawyer did receive an email yesterday mentioning my case # (no other information was in there).

Just wanted to share this with you guys.. Any better suggestion???

case #??

Hi guys,

I am confused about these case numbers. Are there 2 case numbers? One created by NVC and another by the Consulate?

For e.g. does the case no BMB2001XXXXXX of consulate represent the case no A2001XXXXXX of NVC?

Can somebody give me an example and explain?

Thanks

Got my case #

My attorney just forwarded me the email from the consulate. All it says is the case number (BMB2001xxxxxx) nothing else. Wonder what happens next?

Interview date??

My I-140 was approved on 8/27/01. I had specified CP at the I-140 stage itself so I didn\'t have to go through AC-140. I sent my P3 to my lawyer a few days back. Most probably, my lawyer will FedEx it today (11/6/01). Assuming it reaches the US Consulate in Mumbai by 11/14/01, do you think I\'ll get a January interview date? Let me know. Thanks.

most probably

looking at the previous patterns, if your case reaches there before 20th, you will get Jan date

December date

Well my case reached Mumbai on 10/23 and entered in their system on 10/25. I received an email (reply to my Q) saying that they hope to schedule me and my spouse in December. Do things happen the way they hope? I see messages suggesting patterns (before 20th of month 15th of month, etc)

khardenavis/waitnwatch

thx for posts.

ok..here is a quote from the mumbai website titled how do i request consular processing "waiting for the INS to process the change of status application would cause the applicant hardship".....is this an issue you folks have already addressed? could you please share your thoughts...

despite me having sent all information from the mumbai website to substantiate my AC-140 filing with only the I-824 receipt i failed to convince my corporate lawyers to send my AC-140 applications with just the i-824 receipts. the reason the lawyers cited was it was "safer" (whatever that means..) to send in the completed application with the I-824 approval. that\'s where i am at present..keeping the faith.

senwho

This is my understanding:

If you belong to Mumbai/Calcutta Consular district (meaning you either lived/studied/worked in the region covered by these two consulates prior to coming to US), then you don\'t need to show the hardship to get the AC-140 accepted.

But if you donot belong to those districts, then you might have to show.

When I sent my AC-140, I did not show any hardship as I belong to Mumbai Consular district. For now, atleast they have generated a case number for me and so I think they are going to accept my case.

This is my understanding.

Hope this helps.

senwho

I agree with waitnwatch. I didn\'t show any hardship either--I had specifically asked my lawyers about the "hardship clause" and I was told that this clause doesn\'t apply any more. Hope that helps.

senwho

I had sent an email to Mumbai consulate asking wheather I can do AC-I140. They replied me saying I just need the original 824 receipt. They reply these kind of emails within 2/3days. You can ask them and confirm.