5 years EAD (New Development)

Any update, Bro?

For Asylum applicants, its C08 category? Is that correct?

I think here in this thread everyone referring to C08 category (which is Asylum EAD category)?
It says the package was delivered yesterday. I am on vacation now so will pick it up by the end of this week. But it should not be a problem since they produced your card and closed the case. Do not stress your life out where everything is clear. Waiting for 8 years for the initial interview gave me another level of patience. Control what you could control. If you didn't apply 170-179 days before your expiration date that is on your side and your responsibility. We could not control uscis side. But they are doing really well in this situation by streamlining the EAD process, online applications, and providing 5 years EAD.

It says the package was delivered yesterday. I am on vacation now so will pick it up by the end of this week. But it should not be a problem since they produced your card and closed the case. Do not stress your life out where everything is clear. Waiting for 8 years for the initial interview gave me another level of patience. Control what you could control. If you didn't apply 170-179 days before your expiration date that is on your side and your responsibility. We could not control uscis side. But they are doing really well in this situation by streamlining the EAD process, online applications, and providing 5 years EAD.
Did I understand correctly, it only took 20 days to get you new EAD? That is amazing!

I have been renewing my EAD for 7 years now, and this year is the first one I had to request a waiver, unfortunately. Otherwise I don’t see a reason to file by mail, it is longer and more expensive
when you did you start renewing online? Waiver ...for fee?

So, about 20 days overall? Awesome!

when you did you start renewing online? Waiver ...for fee?
Yes I requested a waiver for fee, they only accept waivers by mail, not online :( I sent the documents yesterday and USCIS received them today. Now I am waiting for receipt notice. My current one expires at the end of November.

Wondering whats eligibility to request a waiver?

Yup .... 180 days / 6 months before your expiration

i usually prepare my papers in advance and then mail them out exactly 1 day before 180 days , so USCIS receives them exactly on next day

There is also a new option of renewing online through MYUSCIS.GOV account

The only problem is applying online means mandatory fee payment. A lot of people fall in low income and while they renew their EAD, they also apply to waive off the renewal fee, which means they will have to produce evidence of being in low income (tax returns etc )

This can't happen if one is renewing online
@abhati, any idea what considered low income so we can file for fee waiver? Where we can check that number?

What happens if Ead not approved and pending after 540days extension? Do I get more extension or not authorized to work?

Guys, Anybody applied in the last 1-2 months for EAD and what were the outcomes? How/when extension happened & how long to get actual EAD card in hand?

$410 filling fee. 3 weeks to 6 weeks new ead in hands. 5 years validity, required documents
Copy of expired ead, I94, DL
DL is driving License. Right? just to make sure :)
Anything else I need send other than... Copy of expired ead, I94, DL to be attached to form.

Few Qs
1- For the renewal, we use same EAD form (I-765) right?
2- Do i need to pay fee for my dependent (minor) as well?
3- To get the fee waived, what i can send other than tax returns

Anybody applied in the last 1-2 months for EAD renewal? How long it took?

DL is driving License. Right? just to make sure :)
Anything else I need send other than... Copy of expired ead, I94, DL to be attached to form.

Few Qs
1- For the renewal, we use same EAD form (I-765) right?
2- Do i need to pay fee for my dependent (minor) as well?
3- To get the fee waived, what i can send other than tax returns

Anybody applied in the last 1-2 months for EAD renewal? How long it took?
DL yes, driving license
I94
Expired EAD
Ist page of passport
2 pictures
Yes, i765 form
No idea of waived fee I didn’t file for fee waive.
My took 72 days
My one friend isn’t produced yet she is waiting since December 18.
2nd friend applied last month and received her card in 10 days.
3rd friend in Newyork got card in 48 days
Now filling fee is $470

DL yes, driving license
I94
Expired EAD
Ist page of passport
2 pictures
Yes, i765 form
No idea of waived fee I didn’t file for fee waive.
My took 72 days
My one friend isn’t produced yet she is waiting since December 18.
2nd friend applied last month and received her card in 10 days.
3rd friend in Newyork got card in 48 days
Now filling fee is $470
That 500 days extension still happens when you send yr application?

I see docs to be sent as part for EAD renewal application

what is
- Applicant’s Retrieved Form I-94
I've copy of I-94, can i send just that?

- What is Applicant’s Family Registration Certificate? How to get it? What can be sent if we don't have that?