5 years EAD (New Development)

Hello, guys. Does anyone know if the 540-day extension is still applicable for a renewal EAD under pending asylum (C-08)? I keep hearing some people saying that it’s still applicable. Has anyone submitted a renewal recently?

I am a little scared because my current EAD expires on August 27th, and since it's taking more than six months to get the renewal, I want to know and be prepared for the worst.

TIA.!

Hello, guys. Does anyone know if the 540-day extension is still applicable for a renewal EAD under pending asylum (C-08)? I keep hearing some people saying that it’s still applicable. Has anyone submitted a renewal recently?

I am a little scared because my current EAD expires on August 27th, and since it's taking more than six months to get the renewal, I want to know and be prepared for the worst.

TIA.!
This is what I found from the USCIS website:

"As announced in 2022, beginning Oct. 27, 2023, automatic extensions of employment authorization and EAD validity will revert to the original up to 180-day period for those eligible applicants who timely file Form I-765 renewal applications."

This is what I found from the USCIS website:

"As announced in 2022, beginning Oct. 27, 2023, automatic extensions of employment authorization and EAD validity will revert to the original up to 180-day period for those eligible applicants who timely file Form I-765 renewal applications."
Looks like they have sped up the EAD processing as they've reduced auto extension? Any experiences??

I am looking to file EAD renewal.

In current times, Can someone please tell me the steps to do DIY, What docs needed, fee etc
How long it takes to renew & How many years you get EAD for?

I am looking to file EAD renewal.

In current times, Can someone please tell me the steps to do DIY, What docs needed, fee etc
How long it takes to renew & How many years you get EAD for?
$410 filling fee. 3 weeks to 6 weeks new ead in hands. 5 years validity, required documents
Copy of expired ead, I94, DL

Field I-765 Renewal C08 Online on May 20th, 2024
A filing fee - $ 470 (online)
I am expecting to get a new card by June 10th, 2024. The case is already closed and the card has been produced.
It will be a 5-year EAD card.
I found that filing online was more comfortable if you were "in-between" paper or online filing.

$410 filling fee. 3 weeks to 6 weeks new ead in hands. 5 years validity, required documents
Copy of expired ead, I94, DL
My EAD is expiring in Oct. So, I guess i need not to have expired EAD. I can file right now. Is that correct?

I am expecting to get a new card by June 10th, 2024. The case is already closed and the card has been produced.
I found that filing online was more comfortable if you were "in-between" paper or online filing.
Thanks a lot!
So, fee is $410 when paper filed & $470 when online filed? Right?

Is there any condition to file online or anyone can file online? What all we need to file online?

Thanks a lot!
So, fee is $410 when paper filed & $470 when online filed? Right?

Is there any condition to file online or anyone can file online? What all we need to file online?
I think it depends on the filing category. For C08 - $470 (online). Paper filing for this category is more expensive ($520). There is a list of categories who can file online and how much you should pay. For C08 category renewal it is possible to file 180 days before your expiration EAD date.

Last edited:
Hi all, it’s been 18 months since i have submitted my renewal application my wife Ead got approved in 15 months but mine still pending. Submitted a request for out of processing time and got generic response saying it in processing.
Can someone please help me if anyone in same boat. Thank you.

Any update, Bro?

For Asylum applicants, its C08 category? Is that correct?

I think here in this thread everyone referring to C08 category (which is Asylum EAD category)?

Any update, Bro?

For Asylum applicants, its C08 category? Is that correct?

I think here in this thread everyone referring to C08 category (which is Asylum EAD category)?
Yes, if you have a pending asylum, your category should be c08.
My EAD is expiring in Nov, so I applied for renewal by mail yesterday. Hopefully it won’t take long, I wonder what the current timeframes are to receive a renewal..

Yes, if you have a pending asylum, your category should be c08.
My EAD is expiring in Nov, so I applied for renewal by mail yesterday. Hopefully it won’t take long, I wonder what the current timeframes are to receive a renewal..
just out of curiosity - what is the reason why you did it by mail and not online?

I have no idea if waiver
Yes, each dependent has $410 separately
We are 3 memebere
So I paid $1230 total for 3 renewals
@sum@ir - Did you file online?

Bro's, can you pls share the steps you followed, Docs attached, Fee etc for everybody's benefit here...

Is fee same by mail or online? Any restriction/eligibility to file online?
How long it took for you to get the card?
People filing first time EAD, can also file online?