5 years EAD (New Development)

Abhatti

Announced September 20th 2023,

New / renewal EAD's will now be valid for 5 years

1695767957117.png

So with the new rule I think we won’t get Ead. It will be automatically extended to 5 years right?
auto extension is 540 days (thats 18 months) i already got that .... but before expiration of those 18 months, you will get a renewal EAD card which will be valid for "next" 5 years

auto extension is 540 days (thats 18 months) i already got that .... but before expiration of those 18 months, you will get a renewal EAD card which will be valid for "next" 5 years
That will be great, No hassle for next 5 years and can save applications fee.

How long did it take to get your renewal EAD (540 days)? and when did you apply for the 5 years renewal?

Applied June 2022 (EAD was expiring in Dec 2022) Got receipt against application in 10 days

That receipt is 540 days extension, Valid till June 2024 after my EAD expiry in Dec 2022

Applied June 2022 (EAD was expiring in Dec 2022) Got receipt against application in 10 days

That receipt is 540 days extension, Valid till June 2024 after my EAD expiry in Dec 2022
so you haven't received the actual EAD card. It's just a receipt. How did you get 5 years extension then when you're 18 months renewal is still valid?

The approval receipt says "EAD card is being mailed separately and the receipt mentions Validity date From and To in it

The auto extension is a grace period that everyone got this time. This means applicants will get their EAD card before expiration of that 540 days period, any moment

Once you get that, the 540 auto extension grace period ends and actual EAD period starts

The approval receipt says "EAD card is being mailed separately and the receipt mentions Validity date From and To in it

The auto extension is a grace period that everyone got this time. This means applicants will get their EAD card before expiration of that 540 days period, any moment

Once you get that, the 540 auto extension grace period ends and actual EAD period starts
What one gets that shows its extended for 540 days? How to show employers that its valid for another 540 days?

Received my 5 year valid EAD card last evening
Your case is weird. You said you didn't receive your EAD for 540 grace period and it will be expired in June 2024. How did you apply for the 5 year EAD while you've been still in 540 days grace period without your EAD in hand?! Obviously, there is no way to apply for new EAD while it will be expired in 10 months! I'm still waiting for 540 days EAD for a year and I only have the receipt that they received my application!