485 Transfer to Dallas Local Office

Transfer to Dallas local office:One more hurdle to be crossed?

Hi friends
My I-140 has been approved today (11/8/04) and I-485 has been transferred to Dallas Office. All my dependents cases also have been transferred to Dallas Office.
Can anyone guess how many more months it will take to approval?

EB3 Concurrent Filing I-140/485: RD:02/14/03 ND: 02/18/03
I-140 AD:11/08/04 :)
I-485 Transfer to Dallas Office: 11/08/04 Why this transfer :confused: AD: ????
FP1:06/24/04
2 EADs
2 APs

TSC ND 3/30/04 Transfered to Dallas Office,No change in I140

Friends;

My 485 case has been transfered to Dallas Offfice and No change in I 140 status.Any idea what might be the reason ???????

Thanks
Alex
140/485 ND 3/30/04

485 Transfer to Dallas Office

The on line msg says SEP 23 2004.

kshashikanth:
How do i find out the exact date when the case is received at dallas office.

More details in my signature.

I took Info pass appointment and went to local office .......the officer showed me print out of transfer date and place ........

kshashikanth:
My attorney received copy(letter)fron INS office stating that the case has been transfered to dallas office.Attorney will be sending the photo copy to me.
So can I trust the letter from INS reg transfer date.The reason why I am concerned is,for you INS said july as TD and when you enquired about it in INS through infopass the TD is some thing different.
What will be my PD.????

thanks

Interview Letter received

I have received my interview letter couple of days ago. It's scheduled for January 10. Time between my transfer date to interview date is 4 months.
Does anybody have experience with Officer #1.
They have attached a document list and checked every box.
One of the lines says Last 3 income tax returns from sponsor and co-sponsor. Who is co-sponsor ?
and Do we need to have all I-94s or just last one ?

target2005 said:
My case was transferred to Dallas local office on 9/14, it's been a month and I have not received any interview letter yet. They approved my 140 the same day but transferred 485.
Is there anybody waiting for an interview letter too ? How long does it take for them to schedule an interview ?

Target2005:

I don't know the technical term of co-sponsor. Just wondering; did you
change your employer after 180 days of I485 (AC-21)? It could be it.

Sorry, if I could be of no help to you. You may have to speak to a competent
attorny.

Good luck.

I140 CP - ND 9/15/03 AD 9/15/04
I485 ND 4/10/04 TD 11/23/04 to Dallas,TX AD ??/??/??
//

Best of luck Target2005

Target2005
Best of luck for your interview. It is heartening to see some movement in Dallas local office. By the way what is your priority date?

PD:March 2002
EB3 Concurrent filing RD:02/14/2003 ND:02/18/2003
2 EADs, 2 APs
FP1: 06/24/2004
I-140 AD:11/08/2004 :)
I-485 transfer to Dallas local office: 11/08/2004 :confused:
Interview ????

FP for dependents delaying scheduling of interview

Visited Dallas local office today for following up our cases transferred on 11/08/04. Infopass appointment for case status at 6.30 am. Reached the office at 6.15 am. Security guard verified the infopass appointment and asked me stand in a line before a reception counter outside the building. At 6.20 the person in this reception counter verified the infopass printout and issued a token.
Then I stood in a second line for entering the building. No cellphones are allowed inside the building. Had to go and leave the cellphone in the car as per Security guard's instruction. Had to keep the belt,wallet, keys, coins etc in a tray, walk thro a metal detector to enter the building. No removal of shoes though:)
Called to counter1 at 6.35 am. The lady in the counter was very courteous. At first she gave me the standard reply: Interviews are being scheduled for February now. Your case may be pending for name check. If you do not hear from us by mid March, you may come back again.
When I persisted in knowing the exact status, she checked the computer and confirmed my FP was cleared as also the name check. All case files of mine and my dependents were with the section for scheduling the interview.
She asked me whether I can wait upto 7.30 am when she could check up with the section scheduling interviews.
I agreed and waited. At 7.35 am the lady informed me that my case has not been scheduled for interview because of dependents cases. She asked me to wait for a few more minutes. At 7.45 am, she informed me that 2 of my dependents had not been finger printed and that is why they could not schedule the interview. Fingerprinting notices were being sent today. Interviews will be scheduled within a month of receipt of FP results. I was told they are also sending FP notice for my elder son whose FP has expired. (FP done on 12/23/03 - How can it expire in 12 months instead of the usual 15 months :confused: )

According to my attorney, interviews are not normally required for employment based cases and the local office interview will only be a formality. I am wondering why CIS friends want to have a personal darshan of me and my family :rolleyes:

Why FP notices were not issued to dependents when they issued mine :mad:

With PD retrogressing to Jan2002, I don't know how many more months I have to endure the suffering???

Friends: If any one of your family members have not received FP notices, please follow up through senator/congressman. This may be holding up your cases!

PD: March2002
EB3 Concurrent filing RD:02/14/2003 ND:02/18/2003
2 EADs
2 APs
FP: 06/22/2004
I-140 AD:11/08/2004 :) (after follow-up through Senator)
I-485 Transfer to Dallas local office:11/08/2004
AD:????

An update on my case

My case was transferred in mid Sep 2004 from TSC to Dallas local office. My figerprinting was expired too. I have just received my 2nd fingerprinting notice and it is scheduled on Jan 05th 2005.

Hi, target2005
I also received the interview letter from officer#1. It is scheduled for Feb.
He(She) checked all the list. Would you please share your interview experience when you done?
Do you know why they ask I-864? My case is NIW.
Thanks

target2005 said:
I have received my interview letter couple of days ago. It's scheduled for January 10. Time between my transfer date to interview date is 4 months.
Does anybody have experience with Officer #1.
They have attached a document list and checked every box.
One of the lines says Last 3 income tax returns from sponsor and co-sponsor. Who is co-sponsor ?
and Do we need to have all I-94s or just last one ?

hi 153,

My letter says to bring I-693 medical exam form, if not already submitted, I had already submitted that so I guess I wont need it again.
I will keep the forum posted after my interview.
Out of curiousity, How much time is between your transfer date and your interview date.

Good luck for your interview, target2005

It about 4 month, however, I got FP notice after 1.5 month of transfer.

target2005 said:
hi 153,

My letter says to bring I-693 medical exam form, if not already submitted, I had already submitted that so I guess I wont need it again.
I will keep the forum posted after my interview.
Out of curiousity, How much time is between your transfer date and your interview date.

My interview is over...

Hi everyone,
I had a successful interview today, it took 1 hour even though most of it was waiting. Arrived there 30 min early, passed the security and dropped my interview letter on a door. The officer came out calling my name, he took my fingerprint and signature, we went to his office, asked for my passport and letter of employment and asked me to submit any other documents I wish to submit. After basic questions, he took out a form, said he will ask for a visa number (I think..) and he will stamp my passport, he asked me to wait outside and later he brought me my stamped passport. He said in 2-3 months I should get my card.
That was it, that's the end of my journey, I wish everyone good luck...

target2005 said:
Hi everyone,
I had a successful interview today, it took 1 hour even though most of it was waiting. Arrived there 30 min early, passed the security and dropped my interview letter on a door. The officer came out calling my name, he took my fingerprint and signature, we went to his office, asked for my passport and letter of employment and asked me to submit any other documents I wish to submit. After basic questions, he took out a form, said he will ask for a visa number (I think..) and he will stamp my passport, he asked me to wait outside and later he brought me my stamped passport. He said in 2-3 months I should get my card.
That was it, that's the end of my journey, I wish everyone good luck...
Hi, target2005
Congratulations!
I have some questions:
1. What does the "asked me to submit any other documents I wish to submit" mean? What documents did you submit?
2. Did you submit the I-693 medical exam form again?
3. Did you have the lawyer with you?
4. Interview was just for you or your family? If your family with you, did they ask the form I-864 Affidavit of Support ?
5. What questions did he ask?

I have the same officer in my case.

Thanks

address for the interview office ?

Hello Target2005 && 153,

what is the address that you all have been scheduled for the interview.
My interview has been scheduled on Jan' 25th at
8101 North Stemmons Freeway.

Did you all have been scheduled at the same address?

Thanks,

kir0603.

kir0603 said:
Hello Target2005 && 153,

what is the address that you all have been scheduled for the interview.
My interview has been scheduled on Jan' 25th at
8101 North Stemmons Freeway.

Did you all have been scheduled at the same address?

Thanks,

kir0603.

3010 N. Stemmons freeway