485 Transfer to Dallas Local Office

target2005

Registered Users (C)
My case was transferred to Dallas local office on 9/14, it's been a month and I have not received any interview letter yet. They approved my 140 the same day but transferred 485.
Is there anybody waiting for an interview letter too ? How long does it take for them to schedule an interview ?

why ...

do you know why it was transferred if it was employment based ? is it nationality, or some other thing. i have heard certain nationalities are getting interview notices even though they are employment based ....

My case was transferred in June and my interview is on November 8th. I got my interview notice after 3 1/2 months.

Hope this helps.

No specific reason for the transfer

waitintoooolong said:
do you know why it was transferred if it was employment based ? is it nationality, or some other thing. i have heard certain nationalities are getting interview notices even though they are employment based ....

waitintoooolong,

The transfer need not be based on a specific reason and nor should you conclude that employment based cases do not warrant a transfer.

Your theory regarding transfers and specific nationalities is unfounded.

Do not worry.

Hope that helps.

waitintoooolong said:

reason for 485 transfer

I dont know any reason for my 485 transfer, I am not from a special registration country, I havent changed my job, I guess it's random, or maybe because my fingerprint was about to expire.

My Case transfreed from NSC to Dallas Local office ( I changed my employer and moved to Dallas) on July 26 2004 till now no interview letter or anything , I have Inquired in Local office on Sept 27 2004 , they told me to wait for 30days and come back to same office.......so I will wait till end of OCT 2004 .......WAIT WAIT WAIT.....

Possibly.

Even my case was transferred and if I remember, my FP was expiring in a month's time at the time of transfer. It took exactly 3 weeks from data of transfer to approval.

target2005 said:
I dont know any reason for my 485 transfer, I am not from a special registration country, I havent changed my job, I guess it's random, or maybe because my fingerprint was about to expire.

target2005 said:

is your case a 245(I)...that is were you out of status at sometime? did you pay the $1,000 fine? all 245(I) cases get transferred to local office

My case is employment based EB3, not a 245 case, I didnt pay any fine, I was never out of status either.
I guess it's just as random in local office for an interview as it is at TSC.
Thanks for sharing your information.
I will keep you posted as I know more.

Target2005,

My case was transferred from TSC to Dallas office same day as yours (Sep 14, 2004). Lets keep our fingers crossed and see how long it takes.

My case was filed concurrent in April 2003. I was Finger printed in June 2003. I-140 got approved on 9/14/04. I-485 transferred to Dallas office on Sep 14, 2004.

I understand that my FP has expired, I may be called for FP, or FP may be taken on same day on which they call for interview. Any one experianced in situation of my kind?

Best of luck all. :)

2nd fingerprint

Delhiguy,
my case is same as yours, my fingerprint expired also, I just received a notice for my 2nd fingerprint. You should check your mailbox and your old address. My notice went to my old address even though I updated TSC and filed AR-11.
I guess the local office needs to be updated separately, does anyone know how to update the local office ?
Let's keep each other posted.
I am thinking since they sent me a 2nd FP notice, someone may be working on my case at the local office, maybe ???

2nd FP notice

Target2005,

I have not received 2nd FP notice yet. When did you get it? What is the date on which you have FP scheduled?

Our cases are similar as far as dates go. My case is employment based EB1.

I will keep you posted on proceedings.

Guys,
Anybody have update on dates for receiving interview letter from Local office (Dallas) , because my case was transferred almost 3 months back ( Transferred on July 26 2004). If anybody are in same situation please post your details or recently who have received interview letters please post your dates and details

Thanking you

No interview letter or FP notice yet

My case has not progressed so far... no new FP notice.. And no interview letter yet.

Thanks

Hi kshashikanth,

My case was transferred on June 3rd and my interview is on November 8th with officer #3. I got my interview notice sometime around the last week of September or the first week of October. Hope this helps.

Update

Hey Guys,
Today (11/05/2004) I went to local office (Dallas) to enquire about my case, they told me that they received my case on September 16 2004 from NSC , and the officer told me that my case is under Security Check, and also she told me that if I don’t hear anything by Dec 16th 2004 ( the date I will complete 90 days , from September 16th 2004 ) then she asked me to come with spouse with an info pass appointment ,then she can officially put enquire about my case to that officer.
One more thing she showed me print out from their computer stating that my case is transferred to DAL on September 16th 2004. She told me to have patience. WAIT ..WAIT

All the best