485 Transfer to Dallas Local Office

Plastic cards received

Hello all,

After getting I-551 stamped in Dallas district office on March 18th, I was advised that plastic cards may take 6-8 months to come. I received the cards yesterday. Before the cards both me and my wife received 5 welcome letters each :)

Good luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any fresh 485 employment based interviews in Dallas

We just received our interview appt. in dallas for Sept. 9, '05. Pls. share any fresh experiences of recent interviews. We are given officer 1 as interviewing officer.

EB 3
140 application date Feb 24, 2004
140 approval Jul 25, 2005
485 application Apr19, 2005
140 approval/ 485 transfer to dallas office Jul 25, 2005
Interview date dallas office Sep. 9, 2005

Best of luck

Mangeshrocks
Best of luck for your interview. Don't remember seeing anybody posting their interview experiences at Dallas local office for a few months now!

PD:03/2002
EB3 Concurrent Filing
I-140/I-485 RD 02/14/2003 ND 02/18/2003
Name Check cleared in 03/2003
FP1: 06/24/04 FP2: 07/27/05
I-140 AD 11/08/04 (after followup thro Senator Cornyn)
I-485 Transfer to Dallas local office: 11/08/04
3 EADs
Awaiting 3rd AP
I-485 AD: ????

Mangeshrocks - Pl post your interview results

Mangeshrocks
Can you please post your interview experience.
Did you get stamping on your passport?
PD:03/2002
EB3 Concurrent Filing (Affected by Retro – India)
I-140/I-485 RD 02/14/2003 ND 02/18/2003
Name Check cleared in 03/2003
FP1: 06/24/04 FP2: 07/27/05
I-140 AD 11/08/04 (after followup thro Senator Cornyn)
I-485 Transfer to Dallas local office: 11/08/04
3 EADs, 3 APs
Interviewed on: 09/28/05 Case approvable but has to wait for visa # availability :rolleyes:
I-485 AD: ????

Last edited by a moderator:
After 15 months Interview letter

At last after 15 months after transfer to local office I got my interview letter , my interview is on Nov 8th 2005 at 7:30 am , I know right now visa number are not available for priority date of April 2000 which is my priority date ? It is almost 6 yrs journey …….I doesn’t know exactly when it will end this GC journey …….?

All the best Shashikant

Shashikant
All the best for your interview. After the interview you can join us in the line for visa availability :)
May be Dallas district office has its own rules for interview letters:
If your PD is earlier and RD/TD is earlier, you will be called for interview later :rolleyes:

Best of Luck Shashikanth .....

Best of luck shashikanth with ur interview and pls post the details after interview.

Got Interview Letter

Well, looks like things have started to move a bit at the dallas local office. After celebrating the 1 year anniversary of our transfer to Dallas (10/21), we finally got the letter for interview. It is on Nov 15. Officer 3. Let's see what happens. Will still have to wait for Visa availability now. It never ends. If anyone has seen Officer 3, please let me know.

Cheers
JKP
PD: 2/2000
EB2
TD 10/21/2004.

Interview on 11/08/2005

Guys,
Yesterday was my interview day at Dallas TX 3010 N.Stemmons Fwy , Our interview time was at 7.30 am , we both reached office at 7:10 am , our attorney came at 7:25 am, Sharp at 7:30 am they called us inside , my attorney is very well know at that office. The officer (lady) was very nice; she already recognized my attorney and said to us that this her first interview for the day, also she said that she did not get time to review our file so she said she will go through with us.
First we took oath , then she asked us are you still both married and staying together, I said Yes, then she asked do you have any kids , I said Yes , I have one, then she asked my son’s birth certificate, I gave original , she looked at it and asked for copy….then she told us so you moved from Kansas, then I said yes on new job, so you not staying with same employer who filed green card, that time my attorney said under ‘180 Day Portability -AC21’ rule he moved to new employer with similar job duties and she handed over rule document to officer that time officer asked for present employer letter (Original), later she asked for 3yrs tax returns ( she checked each year returns) , later she asked for EAD copies and the last thing she asked is our new photos , I said I forget to bring them , then she said its ok we go with old one. Lastly she asked general questions like arrest question, have used any govt. grants and so on………
By 8.00 am she said your cases look good and approvable, she said I have wait for our priority dates. That time USCIS will send your card to your address or they will be contacting you, till that time you should be renewing your EAD and AP. That’s it …….
The last dialogue from her was that you are in safe hands (she was mentioning my attorney) don’t worry everything is fine.

So Now I am in queue for the dates to move ……….

All the best for rest of people ………