485 Transfer to Dallas Local Office

How come mine is scheduled like that? Any comments..

Hello 153,

Thanks for the reply. On my interview letter they scratched of
3010 N.stemmons freeway and wrote 8101 Stemmons Freeway (looks like wrote manually).

is that common..does some people get interviewed at 8101 stemmons frwy
and some at 3010 N.stemmon frwy.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

kir0603.

Interview address

Mine was scratched off and marked 8101 North Stemmons Freeway too. And I had my interview at 8101 North Stemmons Freeway.

153 said:
Hi, target2005
Congratulations!
I have some questions:
1. What does the "asked me to submit any other documents I wish to submit" mean? What documents did you submit?
I have only submitted my pp and employment letter, he also wanted to look at the 140 approval notice, the officer wasn't interested in the rest, they generally process family based applications and not too familiar with employment based.
2. Did you submit the I-693 medical exam form again?
No I didnt
3. Did you have the lawyer with you?
No lawyer, just me
4. Interview was just for you or your family? If your family with you, did they ask the form I-864 Affidavit of Support ?
Interview was just for me.
5. What questions did he ask?
Address, any trouble with law, any immigration violation.

I have the same officer in my case.

Thanks

hope this helps, good luck.

Mine and My wife’s 3rd EAD and 3rd AP will expire on April 21 2005, So Today I have send renewal of these applications to local office. I don’t know how many renewals’s, I have to apply and spend money on USCIS.
No News from Local Office regarding my I485 application.

Plastic Card Received

I had my GC interview on January 10, 2005.
Yesterday, January 25,2005, I received the plastic card in the mail.
After my interview I also received 2 welcome notices.
Good luck to everyone.

EAD and AP

Yesterday evening I have received appointment letter from local office for March 11th 2005 at 12:30 pm, it says ASK FOR Immigration Information Officer’, REASON FOR APPOINTMENT Application for Employment Authorization ONLY!!’
I asked my attorney she said they are calling you to local office because your file is at local office and the procedures are different from Service centers.
Anybody in same situation or experienced same thing please let me know …..

kshashikanth said:
Mine and My wife’s 3rd EAD and 3rd AP will expire on April 21 2005, So Today I have send renewal of these applications to local office. I don’t know how many renewals’s, I have to apply and spend money on USCIS.
No News from Local Office regarding my I485 application.

Interview scheduled

Friends,

I received I-485 interview notice yesterday from Dallas district office. My I-485 interview letter came through. I have been asked to bring a few documents at the time of interview (Standard documents)...

Passport, Birth certificate, I-94, Income tax returns, current employment letter.

Thanks

Good luck Delhiguy. BTW, can you post the details of your case? Also,
the list of all docs (or the ones you mentioned is all required for the
interview?) Let us know! Thanks.

//

I140 CP ND 9/15/03 AD 9/15/04
I485 EB3 INDIA PD 2/2002 ND 4/13/04 FP 3/3/05

485 Xfer on 10/21 - No Interview Date yet

Hi guys,
My 485 was transferred to the dallas office on 10/21 and I haven't heard anything yet. Is there anyone around this sep/oct/nov time that has received an interview notice?

Thanks
JK

Here is the detail...

Category EB1
Filed Concurrent - 4/7/03
First FP - June 15, 2003 (approx)
2nd FP - Jan 10, 2005
I-140 approved Sep 14, 2004
I-485 transferred to Dallas office (Sep 14, 2004)

All the documents I mentioned before are required.

Any idea on Birth certificate. In India 10th standard passing certificate is considered Birth Certificate. Is Affidavit from parents enough??

Thanks all

Nov04 transfer - No interview yet

Delhiguy
Best of luck for your interview. Affidavit from parents and non-availability certificate from local body (municipality or panchayat) should be enough inlieu of birth certificate. Passport and SSC book can be used as secondary evidence for your date of birth.

BTW: When you are in Dallas office for interview, please give a gentle nudge to wake up sleeping officers :D
Neither did they send FP notices to my dependents as promised during my visit on 12/30/04! Nor did they schedule our interviews!!

PD: 03/18/2002 (India Affected by retrogression)
EB3 Concurrent filing RD:02/14/2003 ND:02/18/2003
2 EADs
2 APs
FP:06/22/2004
I-140 AD:11/08/2004 (after followup thro Senator)
I-485 Transfer to Dallas local office: 11/08/2004
Visit to Dallas Office after infopass appointment for status check: 12/30/2004
AD: ????

Sorry guys for replaying late ……
As you know I had interview for EAD on Friday March 11, 2005 , it was very simple my appointment was at 12:30 pm , Me and My spouse went to local office are 12:00 pm they called around 1:05 pm our name and also they called some other people we were ten people , officer took us in one room where they took our photo and finger print (right point finger ) and they issued our renew EAD card on the spot. That’s it…….
There is no way where I can enquiry about my pending I 485 application.

kshashikanth said:
Yesterday evening I have received appointment letter from local office for March 11th 2005 at 12:30 pm, it says ASK FOR Immigration Information Officer’, REASON FOR APPOINTMENT Application for Employment Authorization ONLY!!’
I asked my attorney she said they are calling you to local office because your file is at local office and the procedures are different from Service centers.
Anybody in same situation or experienced same thing please let me know …..

To Shashikanth

Shashikanth:
Do we need to take the EVL for EAD interview or any other doc's.
Did immigration officer asked for any doc's ??????
I have applied for EAD renewal and waiting for interview.
Pls let us know.

Dallas district office (I-485 Interview)

Dear All,

Myself and my wife had an I-485 Interview today at USCIS Dallas district office. I reached 30 minutes earlier than scheduled time. After about an hours wait we were called by a lady USCIS officer. After taking our signatures & finger prints, we were taken to a room and asked to provide employment letter and other documents as per interview letter. Couple of basic questions… and that’s it. Our passports were stamped. We have been told it could take 6 to 8 months to get the plastic cards. The officer asked us, if we had any question and she was happy to reply those.

And one thing I must mention, the officer was very courteous and she made sure that we were comfortable.

Thanks and good luck to all those who are waiting…

Congratulations Delhiguy

Delhiguy
Congratulations!
I too spent more than 2 hours in Dallas district office today afternoon to followup the status of my case.
Happy to say the visit was useful to a limited extent that I got the FP notices for my wife and younger son (for any wednesday within 30 days from today) and made a request for initiating namecheck for my younger son.
CIS is great in waiting for test results without initiating the process :mad:
No idea when the cases will be scheduled for interview :confused:

PD:March 2002
EB3 Concurrent filing RD:02/14/2003 ND:02/18/2003
2 EADs
2 APs
FP:06/22/2004
I-140 AD:11/08/2004 :) (after followup thro' Senator)
I-485 transfer to Dallas local office:11/08/2004 :mad:
Visit to Dallas local office for status check:12/30/2004;03/18/2005
I-485 AD:????

Dallas03096,

Don'y worry it will be over for you soon.

Meanwhile, I forgot to give a gentle nudge as advised by you :(

got interview letter from dallas local office

Hi Friends,

I received interview letter yesterday for interview on April 28.

My case details.
PD - 9/2001
140/485 concurrent filing - 11/2003 - eb3 - india
140 approved - 12/2004
485 transfered to local office- 12/2004
I added my wife petion 9/2004
my wife got finger prints 2/2005
interview date - april 28 /2005

Hope this inormation helps our friends on fthis thread.
will post the details after interview.

need good attorney for interview

Hi Guys,

Is anybody know good attorney in dallas area who can accompany with us for interview to dallas local office.

appreciate your help.

thanks.

One question !

Hello All -

Is anybody got interview from Dallas local office since past two weeks.
I got my interview scheduled at 3010 N. Stemmons Freeway . But I seen earlier in this forum with different address ... just curious.

And my letter says bring I-864 affidavit of support, last three years tax returns and w2 forms from sponsors and co sponsors.

what is this I-864 and tax returns of mine or Employer (sponsor) ??

and what forms I need to use JUST I-864 or I-864A too?

I am taking my spouse with me and it is employee based application.

can you guys please throw some light on this.

Thanks.