485 RFE Tracker - Post # 3

TSC/485 RFE Cases taking Long.

Hi All,

Visit www.immigrationwatch.com and click on recent approvals. Choose Texas 485 and find out the date difference between RFE Received and Approval Date. You can see, these days, approval of 485 rfe cases is taking much more than 2 months. I guess, that's the answer to our Questions "Why approval is taking so l o n g ?".

Bangla Babu,

PD 02/22/2002
485 RD 07/14/2003
2nd FP 01/29/2005
RFE (EVL) RD 03/09/2005
LUD 03/10, 03/11 :(

Just delay tactics

Banglababu,

To me all this shows is that by issuing RFEs TCS is conveniently buying time. Once an RFE is issued an officer knows that he now has 3-6 months to work on the case that he issued the RFE against. The RFE plan in brilliant in that we cannot even say that TSC is not working on our case, yet they really are doing nothing but just sitting on it. I would not be surprised if each officer has a stack of RFE cases that are just sitting there while he/she works on and approves cases that will make the TSC processing times look good. After all that is their main goal. Maybe I am being very cynical but I have a right to be frustrated because there has not been one step in this process that has gone smoothly for me. It has always been one thing or another and at times it gets to me. The sad part is that all the delays have been caused by the incompetency of the TSC.

Anyway, there is nothing we can do apart from calling and placing an inquiry after 60 days. They will approve the case only when they want to.

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Saras76,

Saras,

I can understand the agony and frustation as I am sailing in the same Boat. It's all more troublesome for me as we had planned our visit to India this summer and have to apply for AP and then the EAD. Perhaps, all these spending could have avoided, if I had got the Approval !!!..

Keep your Moral Boosted...Good Luck

Bangla babu,

Thanks

sunny_smile,

Thanks a lot for the detailed spread sheet. It appears that 60 days or more is almost guaranteed lately. Lets see what happens when most of us approach the 60 day mark.

saras

saras76 said:
sunny_smile,

Thanks a lot for the detailed spread sheet. It appears that 60 days or more is almost guaranteed lately. Lets see what happens when most of us approach the 60 day mark.

saras

You are very weilcome ;) ! About 50% approved within 60 days. Let's hope we will be the top 50%.

sunny_smile said:
You are very weilcome ;) ! About 50% approved within 60 days. Let's hope we will be the top 50%.

First wish u good luck,

I would like to know about part of RFE u received,

plz put some light on 'Marriage Validaity of spouse '

Are they asking proof of marriage (Marriage Certificate)?
or
By the words u typed in xls it seems they are asking is ur marriage validate.

Is your spouse is in US or live in home country? and how did u responsed to that part

Good Luck

To Prince of Jungle

PrinceofJungle said:
First wish u good luck,

I would like to know about part of RFE u received,

plz put some light on 'Marriage Validaity of spouse '

Are they asking proof of marriage (Marriage Certificate)?
or
By the words u typed in xls it seems they are asking is ur marriage validate.

Is your spouse is in US or live in home country? and how did u responsed to that part

Good Luck

Thank you, Prince. Both of my husband and I live within Texas, 200 miles apart. I have been working in Dallas since 2003 while he has been studying (F1). We submitted the marriage license along with other materials but the RFE required that we submit it again (perhaps the officer didn't see it among the pile of materials???). The officer also asked us to submit:
(1) last three years joint federal tax forms
(2) joint auto/health insurance since marriage
(3) joint lease or mortgage information since marriage
(4) joint financial accounts since marriage
(5) joint utility bills since marriage
(6) Beneficiary information for retirement accounts and life insurance

Based on the above, my attorney told me that the officer really doubted the validity of our marriage. And she also indicated this was really rare for an employment-base case. I hope you are not in a similar situation as mine as preparing those materials is a tedious job.

Best wishes to you too!

Sunny_Smile ;)

sunny_smile said:
Thank you, Prince. Both of my husband and I live within Texas, 200 miles apart. I have been working in Dallas since 2003 while he has been studying (F1). We submitted the marriage license along with other materials but the RFE required that we submit it again (perhaps the officer didn't see it among the pile of materials???). The officer also asked us to submit:
(1) last three years joint federal tax forms
(2) joint auto/health insurance since marriage
(3) joint lease or mortgage information since marriage
(4) joint financial accounts since marriage
(5) joint utility bills since marriage
(6) Beneficiary information for retirement accounts and life insurance

Based on the above, my attorney told me that the officer really doubted the validity of our marriage. And she also indicated this was really rare for an employment-base case. I hope you are not in a similar situation as mine as preparing those materials is a tedious job.

Best wishes to you too!

Sunny_Smile ;)

Thanks for reply,

Yes I was also surprised after reading the word 'Validate marriage' :D
in EB catagery. usualy it is asked in marriage based cases.

That is weird, hope u both get approval soon.

I am in 485 queue, filed early 2003. and after approval(if God wish). I have to go FTJ path (following-to-join) for her to re-unite family. so I was preparing for marriage related docs, that would be required for RFE and CP. and I noticed that strange RFE words in sheet.

Good Luck and thanks for response.

RFE officer # 0063

Lawyer got rfe today
" Please submit a new employment letter from your current employer that specifies your position, date of hire, and salary, Please also submit your form W-2 for tax years 2003 and 2004."

EB1 (MEM)
I140 RD Apr 04
AD Mar 05
I485 Aug 04
FB Apr 05
RFE May 05

My 485 RFE Language ..

"Please submit a letter from ex-Employer, establishing the petitioend for job is till being offered to you".

And, I provide the EVL from my present employer that states that I am using AC21 option.

Forgot to mention

Guys,

I forgot to mention that on the 20th of April my wifes approved EAD online LUD message changed to "This application has been received ... it is taking between 60-90 days to approve ...". We even got an email stating that they have received the application. The funny part is that the application has already been approved in February.

The RFE response was received on the 4th of April and on the 20th the above happened. Not really sure why the approved status on the EAD would change to received and processing. Nothing in my process makes any sense. Thought I would let everyone know in case someone had any ideas about what the deal is.

Since the 20th there has been no change in status or change in LUDs.

regards,

saras

Update spread sheet

Guys,

I have updated the sheet with a few more filers. Sadly there is no change in the Approved column.

regards,

saras

Updated spread sheet

Hello everybody:

My lawyer received a RFE on April 29 regarding my I-485 and replied on May 10. The TSC acknowledged to have it received on May 12. Today, May 13 my portfolio showed a LUD. Hope it doesn't mean bad luck on Friday 13!?

TSC / EB3
PD: 09/02/03
I-131: AD 06/29/04 - LUD 01/18/05
I-765: AD 08/06/04 - LUD 01/18/05
I-140: RD 05/25/04 - AD 03/16/05 - LUD 03/17/05
Early FP done on 03/16/05
I-485: RD 05/25/04 – RFE 04/25/05 (legal status) – TSC rcvd reply on 05/12/05 - LUD 05/13/05

TSC not working on 485 RFE Cases ??

Friends,

It looks like TSC, is not working on 485 RFE Cases, these days. When I called, they say to wait as they are currently processing Mar 03, and mine 485 filling is on 7.16.2003. But, I thought that these days, it is the Labor PD taht is the basis for approval of 485. Any Comments.

Bangal Babu

Banglababu
I'm in the same boat as you are. My 485 nd is 07/25/03. I had 2Fps on 03/15/05 and my 2 RFEs were akcnowledged 05/02/05 and I sincerely thought I was almost there...
Since so many post their approvals 7 days after RFEs akw...I thought it was going to be that way for everyone. But as you just said, it seems TSC is not working on our cases... I guess we will just have to wait until our date (07/03) comes current in the processing time. I think right now is 04/03.
Good luck!

Its all BS

Guys,

By now we should be wise enough to know that most things that happen at the TSC are Bull Shit. They do whatever they please. Earlier this year they approved a lot of EB3s from 03 and 04. I guess all of us have gotten screwed because all of a sudden TSC has decided to do things in order of the applied year (they should have been doing this all along). Now we have to wait even longer because they will not touch our cases till they get to our date. Mine is in March 04 so I guess I have to wait another year for approval. Absolute BS.

saras

Thanks God, received RFE

Asking Re-submit medical exams with Chest X-ray report. and asking to submit EVL

Two years ago Medical was already submitted and as common issue Skin test was positive so also submitted x-ray report too... not sure why are are asking again.. but as few threads show they also are in similar situation.

I am thinking to send the blow pic instead of x-ray :D

485 filed Feb 2003
FP March first week.
RFE May Second Week.

Would keep you all update.

BanglaBabu said:
Friends,

It looks like TSC, is not working on 485 RFE Cases, these days. When I called, they say to wait as they are currently processing Mar 03, and mine 485 filling is on 7.16.2003. But, I thought that these days, it is the Labor PD taht is the basis for approval of 485. Any Comments.

Bangal Babu

Well, I know one of my collegues submitted I 140/485 in Nov, 2004 and got approved both April, 2005. Both of us went the track by special handling and the labor was approved within 8 month so the PD is quite recent (around Nov, 2003).

Sunny_Smile