485 RFE Tracker - Post # 3

Any updates

Guys,

Just want to check and see if anyone has gotten approval after RFE recently. I am still waiting. It has been three weeks since the response to my wifes RFE was acknowledged by TSC.

Thanks,

saras

jay_kishore, thanks for the words of encouragement! I see that your LUD also changed twice after RFE acknowledgement, and then it got approved. Same situation as my case, I just hope my case gets approved in a similar timeframe ;)

All - I have been waiting nearly 3 months after I responded to my 485 RFE regarding proof of legal status for my wife and me. Looks like TSC is processing 485s that were filed in first half of 2003.

Hoping for my day to come...

Not sure how long the wait is

Guys,

There is no telling how long its taking to get approved after RFE. A few people have gotten approved within 2-3 weeks but most of us are waiting around. All we can do is keep eachother posted and hope for the best.

regards,

saras

Does getting a RFE normally mean your case will not be transferred to local office?

Really confused: Just got an email from USCIS saying I got a RFE, yet to receive it.

my case is NIW-based, I saw some posts say that NIW-based I485 are almost certain to be transferred to local office, but I also saw a recent USCIS memo (posted on this website) saying NIW case should automatically waive interview.

Any inputs appreicated,

caiyw001

No idea

caiyw001,

I do not personally know the answer to your question but you might want to start a new thread with that question. I am sure there will be someone who might be able to help you.

saras

Any updates !!

Not sure what TSC is doing with our RFE responses. I have not heard anything since they ack the receipt of the RFE reply. Anyone else had any luck?

It has been almost a month since they received the reply to the RFE. These delays are extremely annoying.

saras

No Updates

12 days and counting...........................................................................

A newbie

Hi, everyone:

I just wanted to add my information in. I got RFE's for both my hansband's and my case on March 31st, 2001. For me, it required an updated employment letter and last six pay stubs. For my husband, it required tons of materials to prove our marriage's validity because we've been living seperately after my graduation. We responded and got a message from USCIS acknowledging the receipt on April 14. Then the LUP was changed on April 18. After that, no activities at all.

Let's wait patiently and cross our fingers...

Sunny_Smile
Fingerprint done: 3/2004
RFE: 3/31/2005
RFE receipt acknowledge from USCIS: 4/14/2005
LUD: 4/18/2005

got LUD on RFE's

Hi everyone!

Today 05/02/05 I got at 5:40pm LUD on our I-485. (me & husband)
I got emails also. They stated:
On May 2, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Has anyone received this kind of message too?

Please share!

485 still Pending after RFE Reply was received on 3/9

The LUD Changes 2 times (3/10 and 3/11), since TSC received the reply to my RFE (EVL). I was pulling the approval data from www.immigrationwatch.con for the cases where RFE was received and wer approved and avg day turns out to be 59 days.There are cases where they took 210 days before the approval was made.

Lets hope its 59 days and not 210

BanglaBabu,

Thanks for the info. Lets all hope that our cases fall under the average and not the extreme. I have officially completed 30 days since RFE reply.

regards,

saras

Waiting is the name of the game

Good info BanglaBabu! It al least gives an idea of how long the wait will be. And, in the same voice with Saras76, let's hope we all fall within the avg. :rolleyes:

sunny_smile said:
Hi, everyone:

I just wanted to add my information in. I got RFE's for both my hansband's and my case on March 31st, 2001. For me, it required an updated employment letter and last six pay stubs. For my husband, it required tons of materials to prove our marriage's validity because we've been living seperately after my graduation. We responded and got a message from USCIS acknowledging the receipt on April 14. Then the LUP was changed on April 18. After that, no activities at all.

Let's wait patiently and cross our fingers...

Sunny_Smile
Fingerprint done: 3/2004

Sunny_Smile,

which city are you from?

Thanks,
GA_TX

Ga_tx

I am from Dallas.
:) BTW, I corrected my typo in the signature.

Sunny_Smile
Fingerprint done: 3/2005

mvusa said:
Hi everyone!

Today 05/02/05 I got at 5:40pm LUD on our I-485. (me & husband)
I got emails also. They stated:
On May 2, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Has anyone received this kind of message too?

Please share!

I got exactly the same message when USISC acknowleged the receipt of my materials. Don't worry :) . I think other people also got this kind of messages. Sort of standard...