on 'Bangla_babu' request I have updated my info. :D

Updated RFE sheet as on 05-15-2005

Use Date yyyy-mm-dd for easy to learn last updated by member

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
EVL Format.

aig said:
Lawyer got rfe today
" Please submit a new employment letter from your current employer that specifies your position, date of hire, and salary, Please also submit your form W-2 for tax years 2003 and 2004."

EB1 (MEM)
I140 RD Apr 04
AD Mar 05
I485 Aug 04
FB Apr 05
RFE May 05

Just wanted to give you some ideas about the troubles that I had in submitting the EVL. My lawyer gave me an EVL Format buy my company, refused to accept that format and added couple of more lines to format mentioning "X's is a full time employee and they anticipate X's employment upon approval of 485, but don’t Guarantee X’s job for any Indefinite period..."which my lawyer was not willing to accept in the EVL. But, I had no option but to submit the format, as I was running out of time. Lawyer said they won’t give any guarantee for 485 approval if, I am submitting my companies format and not following his format. So, I am kind of scared, if some thing goes wrong with my Approval.

But, I remember comments from POJ that he had seen couple of cases where EVL did had such lines, but he thinks that there is not problem, in that.

Good Luck.

BanglaBabu said:
Just wanted to give you some ideas about the troubles that I had in submitting the EVL. My lawyer gave me an EVL Format buy my company, refused to accept that format and added couple of more lines to format mentioning "X's is a full time employee and they anticipate X's employment upon approval of 485, but don’t Guarantee X’s job for any Indefinite period..."which my lawyer was not willing to accept in the EVL. But, I had no option but to submit the format, as I was running out of time. Lawyer said they won’t give any guarantee for 485 approval if, I am submitting my companies format and not following his format. So, I am kind of scared, if some thing goes wrong with my Approval.

But, I remember comments from POJ that he had seen couple of cases where EVL did had such lines, but he thinks that there is not problem, in that.

Good Luck.

I believe noone shared and we never have seen any EVL issue and objection on EVL words, from officer to adjucant Status, so don't worry about it.

All they need is simple "signed letterhead" that verifies current working/will to continue, all they need is doc evedience thats it. they are not going in detail of who intent what. if they start this trust me 80% of G.C holders will lose the status within year :D . if u think they are not aware of it what is going on, then think again, all they are doing is slience policy on this.

so absolutly no need to worry about 'hair's skin' detail.

Good LUck

Evl

I submitted EVL as follows.

To: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
This letter is to certify that Mr. XX has been employed with "COMPAMY NAME" from xx-xx-xxxx to present as the "Designation", with a salary of $xx,000 per year.
Sincerely
xx

RFE on medical

For whole family (son, wife and self), I got RFE to resubmit vaccination record.

I-485 dated 03/2003
Second FP 04/2005
LUD many times after second FP.
RFE current

Saalam - Jangal Ke RajaJi

PrinceofJungle said:
I believe noone shared and we never have seen any EVL issue and objection on EVL words, from officer to adjucant Status, so don't worry about it.

All they need is simple "signed letterhead" that verifies current working/will to continue, all they need is doc evedience thats it. they are not going in detail of who intent what. if they start this trust me 80% of G.C holders will lose the status within year :D . if u think they are not aware of it what is going on, then think again, all they are doing is slience policy on this.

so absolutly no need to worry about 'hair's skin' detail.

Good LUck

Yep, your explanation sounds 100 % Logical.

Update - 2nd FP notice

After submitting RFE response on 04/15, I received a notice for fingerprinting (ND 05/05)!! Talking about TSC and it's strange way of doing business !!
BTW, our first FP was taken on 12/18/03.

6 days guys, TSC seems to be speeding up!

Approved 6 days after officer #303 recieved my RFE, rest please see my signature.

I was surprisingly calm when I saw the message, maybe because so much emotion, anxiety has been poured into this throughout the process, hang in there guys, there is actually hope!

God bless us all.

I-485 approved after RFE (legal status)

Congratulations caiyw001! I also received this afternoon my approval notice and do understand exactly how you feel!

I agree that TSC is working hard these days. It took them only 2 working days to approve my I-485 after having received my reply to their RFE.

Want to thank everybody in this forum because it provided me with a lot of helpful information.
I hope that everybody will reach their destination soon without too many roadblocks!

TSC / EB3
PD: 09/02/03
I-131: AD 06/29/04 - LUD 01/18/05
I-765: AD 08/06/04 - LUD 01/18/05
I-140: RD 05/25/04 - AD 03/16/05 - LUD 03/17/05
Early FP done on 03/16/05
I-485: RD 05/25/04 – AD 05/16/05

Congrats

caiyw001 and Tomark,

Congrats on your approvals. I guess you guys are lucky because a lot of us have been waiting for months after replying to RFEs. No luck so far. Lets see if something happens soon.

I have updated the sheet with the latest information.

regards,

saras76

worst situation - help with your ideas pl.

I read all the messages in this thread, everyone is waiting on their reply to RFE but for last 4 months I have been asking TSC to send duplicate copies of RFI for me and my wife's I-485 they were originally sent on Feb 10,2005 to my attorney's address, he missed those because he was changing addresses multiple times without notifying me or TSC. Around 1st week of March,05, my lawyer expressed to me that he cannot continue his service, since then I called USCIS (800-375-5283) several times to request to send duplicate copies of those RFEs to my address, also put in writing to them to notify to withdraw my lawyer, around April 26,05 a LUD was posted to notify me that those RFEs were mailed to my address but until now I have not received those, called USCIS after 14 days( May 09,05), they told me to wait 30 days, I am wondering how can it take 30 days to receive a mail from TX to NC. I went to the local office, officer sent an e-mail to TSC infront of me to notify them. I would have taken care of those RFEs if I received those in Feb., now four months gone, can anyone suggest me what to do next, should I get a lawyer to pursue those RFEs or would it make any difference to have a lawyer to pursue those.
Another strange thing happened to me to make my life more miserable, My I-140 was approved on Feb. 08, 2005 and I received the approval notice, now on April 26,2005,I received an USCIS e-mail notification that a RFE was sent regarding my I-140 (which is already approved in Feb) This sounds crazy to me. Can they work on or request further info on an already approved case? Please share your feelings. Regards

taslim ahmed said:
I read all the messages in this thread, everyone is waiting on their reply to RFE but for last 4 months I have been asking TSC to send duplicate copies of RFI for me and my wife's I-485 they were originally sent on Feb 10,2005 to my attorney's address, he missed those because he was changing addresses multiple times without notifying me or TSC. Around 1st week of March,05, my lawyer expressed to me that he cannot continue his service, since then I called USCIS (800-375-5283) several times to request to send duplicate copies of those RFEs to my address, also put in writing to them to notify to withdraw my lawyer, around April 26,05 a LUD was posted to notify me that those RFEs were mailed to my address but until now I have not received those, called USCIS after 14 days( May 09,05), they told me to wait 30 days, I am wondering how can it take 30 days to receive a mail from TX to NC. I went to the local office, officer sent an e-mail to TSC infront of me to notify them. I would have taken care of those RFEs if I received those in Feb., now four months gone, can anyone suggest me what to do next, should I get a lawyer to pursue those RFEs or would it make any difference to have a lawyer to pursue those.
Another strange thing happened to me to make my life more miserable, My I-140 was approved on Feb. 08, 2005 and I received the approval notice, now on April 26,2005,I received an USCIS e-mail notification that a RFE was sent regarding my I-140 (which is already approved in Feb) This sounds crazy to me. Can they work on or request further info on an already approved case? Please share your feelings. Regards

Tasleem Shaahb,

First of all very sorry to hear that, I can understand that because I have gone through similar situation for three months I would never forget those days in my life. every day begins I pray that If I hear some good news.

Here what happen. in june 2003 my RFE was issued on 140. I was expected every next day I was used to call to attorney but no luck, they always say 'wait wait' , but when 1.5 month gone I started serious struggle , meanwhile I learned that RFE was returened back to TSC of address error, and I was sure that is becuase of Attorney add not mine becuase RFE is sent to Att. my attorney send request to send it again to TSC. the TSC was sent the RFE but to my old address. where I left years ago and I never updated addr in 140 petition becusae I was not aware of it how to, and I was also not expecting any doc regarding 140 to my address. and on those days there was 'Special Registration' was going on and eveyone had their worries.

The address was very far from my home and I requested someone to keep visit and check it out my old address if by chance any mail there, I don't know but I was feeling that if att is not getting may be it comes to my old addr.
Anyway the lady living was kind enough(God bless her) she called and gave the simple hand-written envlope to a kind person(God Bless him) who I requested to keep visiting and asking her if any of my mail arrives. bottom line finaly I got RFE and it was almose 3 months, only 12 days left to response, and what they were asking to doc needed many days on that time I was so disappointed and was thinking that I am not going to make it. I thought that I have to meet their requirement in RFE on time not for me but for my family, and I tried very hard and God gave special bless, the RFE was returned before 2 days on deadline. and I was wondering how God makes the way.... all was simple '0' mistake on envolope in Attorney's address.

-------------------------------

Anyway here is what u sould follow if u feel comfortable,
I know time is running out. but don't worry this is 485 RFE and addr issue is not new for USCIS and they do have tolrance policy on it.

First of all get attorney anyone that files immidiately G-28 to represent ur case. he need to ask USCIS to send RFE to his address.

Don't wait for 15-30 days. get attorney quickly to represent ur case, make a deal, attorney may cost u but atleast he would get RFE for u. filing G-28 will authorize him/her to get all doc related ur case to be forwarded to him.

keep checking online msg, if ur RFE is returned back to them(the online msg will show that RFE has returned becz of addr error), this is good sign so in this way they would understand that RFE is not deleverred to u and they would be waiting for ur call or ur new attorney call to correct the address issue.

And don't worry about 140 its already approved, it may be some error as many ppl get after approval of thier petitions.

Sometime in life it happens and thing doesn't go as we expect, there may me some good reason for this dealy , we don't know God knows. always be hopeful, and remember when we see there is no way HE(GOD) make the way for us. so be hopeful and always think positive.

Wish u good luck and we all remember u in our prays for quick resolve this issue.

keeu us update plz.

Ask congressman for help

taslim ahmed said:

When I was notified a RFE has been sent to me by USCIS, my congressman is also doing inquiries about my case. USCIS actually faxed a copy of my RFE to the case worker (she then faxed it to me), so I was able to start to prepare for the RFE even before I got the actual hard copy in mail. The case worker was extremely helpful as she even offer to send back my RFE (which I politely declined) through congressional channel.

So I would suggest you contact your congressman, explain the situation and especially the 12-week window which is about to run out, if you are lucky enough to be assigned a responsible case worker, he/she might be able to push things for you.

Good luck, but don't just wait...

Updated sheet with 485 RD/ND

Guys,

I have gone ahead and updated the sheet with 485 RD/NDs. Lets see if there is any pattern (02s before 03 before 04) or the approval are just random.

Also this is the most updated sheet. If you want to make changes then please save this one onto your desktop, make changes and save it as RFE#3 Updated "Month" "Date".xls

This way we will all know if the sheet is the latest or not. If you make changed on the 20th and the sheet is currently 17 then please change the name to RFE#3 Updated May 20.xls

regards,

saras

Few days ago I received an email stating that TSC sent me the RFE on May 11th
(Actually, the sent the RFE for the whole family)

Questions :
1. Who will receiving the RFE : me , my lawyer or both ?

2. How long it takes to receive an RFE (I live in Dallas area ) ?

3. What kind of RFE it could be if they sent it for the whole family ?

Answers

gsala,

The RFEs will be sent to your lawyer. It usually takes less than a week to get the RFE. If its for the whole family it might be for Medical. Thats my best guess. It could be for providing proof of legal status for them.

regards,

saras

Dear poj,

Thank you so much for your comforting response, I needed that badly , I do really appreciate that from the bottom of my heart, I will start searching a lawyer as soon as possible and keep you all posted. God bless you. Regards.

Taslim

taslim ahmed said:
Dear poj,

Thank you so much for your comforting response, I needed that badly , I do really appreciate that from the bottom of my heart, I will start searching a lawyer as soon as possible and keep you all posted. God bless you. Regards.

Taslim

You most welcome, :D

Keeping it going

Guys,

No update on my side. Just posting this message to make sure that this thread stays alive on this forum. I think the TSC is either approving RFEs within 10-15 days or in months. It seems that there is no middle ground.

saras76