45 day letter in WA state

I couldn't believe the fact that BEC is not sending the 45 day letter in FIFO. But looking at the approvals at random in my company I am convienced on BEC's non FIFO processing.

chetanmay said:
I couldn't believe the fact that BEC is not sending the 45 day letter in FIFO. But looking at the approvals at random in my company I am convienced on BEC's non FIFO processing.

chetanmay, are you seeing many APPROVALS as well for BEC for WA cases, or just 45 day letters? If you are seeing approvals, please share with us how many and from what PD? Thanks a lot!

Attorney said that they replied to my 45 day letter on 1/4/2006 by overnight mail.
Did anybody hear or get any approvals from Dallas BEC for WA state cases?

Is Dallas BEC approving only regional cases? or approving state level RIR cases also?

Last edited by a moderator:
enqueued said:
any updates anyone?

not heard anything (so what's new about that) ... i'm considering asking my company if they are going to consider converting the old appliction into PERM. i believe the filing + processing time for EB2 RIR PERM conversions is a little over 6 months. if this BEC pile of crap had not happened, then under the old sloth system i would expect to have cleared state by right about now and have another 9-10 months of regional wait time left. but with DBEC it seems to be getting clearer by the day that it would be atleast another year or more from now for my PD (Feb 2004).

jus_watching said:
not heard anything (so what's new about that) ... i'm considering asking my company if they are going to consider converting the old appliction into PERM. i believe the filing + processing time for EB2 RIR PERM conversions is a little over 6 months. if this BEC pile of crap had not happened, then under the old sloth system i would expect to have cleared state by right about now and have another 9-10 months of regional wait time left. but with DBEC it seems to be getting clearer by the day that it would be atleast another year or more from now for my PD (Feb 2004).

My case is EB3 - Regular (TR) with priority date 2/13/2004, WA. I asked about converting my case from BRC to PERM. My attorneys are telling me that since my title has changed and there was a small raise in the salary, they cannot convert my case from regular queue to PERM. I don't know how can a person stay in this country without a salary raise for 3+ more years or change in job titles. Sometimes company streamlines the job titles and why should an applicant be tortured for it.
I lost hope in getting GC in the next 3 years.

tarikida said:
My case is EB3 - Regular (TR) with priority date 2/13/2004, WA. I asked about converting my case from BRC to PERM. My attorneys are telling me that since my title has changed and there was a small raise in the salary, they cannot convert my case from regular queue to PERM. I don't know how can a person stay in this country without a salary raise for 3+ more years or change in job titles. Sometimes company streamlines the job titles and why should an applicant be tortured for it.
I lost hope in getting GC in the next 3 years.

Your salary can be changed Increased and even Decreased but can not be less than it was filed in advertisement for your position and in LC.

Technically I would not see problems to have title slightly changed, the most important to have the same responsibilities, this is the only very critical point.

sfmars said:
Your salary can be changed Increased and even Decreased but can not be less than it was filed in advertisement for your position and in LC.

Technically I would not see problems to have title slightly changed, the most important to have the same responsibilities, this is the only very critical point.

apparently this guys is from WA SWA PD 11/2003 and he got approved:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1350221&postcount=10384

..while all of us from earlier PD waiting....dont know whats goin' on

Hi guys - I've been following this thread silently. I'm happy to tell you that my labor certificate has been approved. Hope you guys will hear the same news soon!!!

WA RIR/EB3
ETA Case: T-051178-XXXXX
PD: 03/2003
45 Day Letter: 01/12/06
45 Day Letter Replied: 01/17/2006
Labor approved: 02/08/2006 (email from lawyer)

seahawks_2006 said:
Hi guys - I've been following this thread silently. I'm happy to tell you that my labor certificate has been approved. Hope you guys will hear the same news soon!!!

WA RIR/EB3

congrats!! so glad to hear this from you. it's about time we saw some movement on WA cases. when did you request your screenshot??

That is interesting...
I personally know of people having PDs in 3/2003 and 11/2003 receiving 45 day letters and their approvals shortly after that. Looks like boxes for those two months got opened and went through to data entry.

However, all these above people got their 45-day letters befroe 11/2005. I also know people with PD 11/2003 who have not received their 45-day letters. So since seahawks recd. his 45-day letter 01/2006, this might be a sign that they are finally workign on WA cases. hang on fellas...good news might be on its way.

I finally received 45 day letter and have a question about the case #. My case # begins with D- but some others' # begins with T-. Does anybody have idea what the difference is between D and T?

EB-3 / RIR / WA/ PD- May 2003
45 day letter received on Feb 3, 06
replied on Feb 8, 06

As for as I know T (temporary number) will be replaced with D or P (Depending on whether it belongs to Dalls or Philly) once the full case details are entered in the system.

Congrats to folks who are receiving the approvals.

seahawks_2006 said:

WA RIR/EB3

Congrats and good luck with your next stages!
Thanks for updating the forum.

some 45 day letters in

sea211 said:
Congrats and good luck with your next stages!
Thanks for updating the forum.

3 people in my company have received 45 day letters this past week of pd Feb 03, May 03 and Sept 03. They are opening our boxes now!

enqueued
PD 08/2003
45 DL: No

Hi Folks,
How soon the law office need to reply for a 45 days letter from date of receipt.It looks they need to prepare a reply.If there is any time lag, would it impact the process. Is my assumption correct?

its 45

gmpm said:
Hi Folks,
How soon the law office need to reply for a 45 days letter from date of receipt.It looks they need to prepare a reply.If there is any time lag, would it impact the process. Is my assumption correct?

thats why its called the 45 day letter, it has to be responded to within 45 days of receipt, otherwise they close the case.

Labor applied 29-AUG-2003
State WA
presently 8th Year extension approved on Pending GC > 365 days

Received 45 day letter on 18nd Feb
45 day letter replied Feb 23th

Waiting for approval now