45 day letter in WA state

Dallas BEC or PERM ( PD : May 2004 )

Guys..
any advice on whether i shud go for PERM now if I get chance.
I field regular ( non RIR ) labour in May 2004. Washington state.

in the same boat

im in ther same boat guys; PD 08/2003 from WA state, never made it to regional and no 45 day letter. I have not requested any screen shot since I know it wont have anything for me to get excited about. Just waiting.

WA - Whats happening

I read in another post someone with PD of Feb2003 got approved. And we havent even recieved the 45 day letter. This sucks. Please guys,ost as soon as you recieve your 45 day letter. Thanks,

45 day letters

there have been rumors that DOL has abandoned issueing 45 day letters. If you look at the tracket maintained by Just_Watching, negligible 45 day letters have been received after april 05. Dont know whats going on.

still waiting... waiting... and waiting... another implication is my office moved a year ago. i hope BEC will still send the 45 days letter to my attorney.

EB-3 RIR / WA State
PD May 2004
No 45 days letter received
ETA Case No: T-05193-xxxxx from 7th extension inquiry

SeattleGC said:
Still waiting patiently for the 45 day letter.......

I wouldn't say its lost in mail. It seems the state based cases are not fully entered yet. 45 day letters are only dispatched once a case is fully entered. From the case number of that_architect, his case of PD May 2004 starts with a T, when it converts to D thats when (I assume) its entered completely and triggers a 45 day letter.

Hold on tight guys! and post as soon as you hear anything. Thats all we can do.

Enqueued
PD 08/2003
RIR EB2 - WA state
45 day letter: None
Have not inquired the case #.

that_architect said:
still waiting... waiting... and waiting... another implication is my office moved a year ago. i hope BEC will still send the 45 days letter to my attorney.

EB-3 RIR / WA State
PD May 2004
No 45 days letter received
ETA Case No: T-05193-xxxxx from 7th extension inquiry

that_architect,
when did you actually do your 7th year query? It would be interesting to know when the T in the case number changes to a D for a WA state based case such as yours.

Enqueued.

45 days Letter

I recieved a letter from Olympia WA DOL stating a 45 days return response notice if we still want to pursue the case. Is this the same 45 days letter supposedly from Dallas? That letter was sent back to Olympia with response and replied back to me in writing that they've forwarded the case to Dallas since Jan '05.

My WA priority date was Nov 2002. I am not sure if it made to regional though. Is my case in a blackhole now? Anybody want to share some info.

This is weird. As far as i know, Olympia does not have a Federal DOL. Washington SWA was officially processing Jan 2003, when the whole transferring to DBEC happened.

That said, 2 of my friends one with PD of Oct 2002, another with PD of Jan 2003 had their cases forwarded to Federal DOL and also got their LC approval.

Going by above, you should have got your case approved, rather than getting this weird letter.

newkidintown said:
I recieved a letter from Olympia WA DOL stating a 45 days return response notice if we still want to pursue the case. Is this the same 45 days letter supposedly from Dallas? That letter was sent back to Olympia with response and replied back to me in writing that they've forwarded the case to Dallas since Jan '05.

My WA priority date was Nov 2002. I am not sure if it made to regional though. Is my case in a blackhole now? Anybody want to share some info.

WhyThisDelay said:
This is weird. As far as i know, Olympia does not have a Federal DOL. Washington SWA was officially processing Jan 2003, when the whole transferring to DBEC happened.

That said, 2 of my friends one with PD of Oct 2002, another with PD of Jan 2003 had their cases forwarded to Federal DOL and also got their LC approval.

Going by above, you should have got your case approved, rather than getting this weird letter.
WhythisDelay, did you have your PD in april 2003 originally?

Yeah. My original lc has april 2003 PD and the last I checked on it in July, it was temp data entered and awaiting 45 day letter. It prbably is still awaiting full data entry.

However my employer gave me a substitute LC to apply for 2nd and 3rd stage on hearing the retrogression news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

enqueued said:
WhythisDelay, did you have your PD in april 2003 originally?

Olympia is State Office where originaly filed the case. Twice we contacted Dallas BEC via fax and email to confirm if they have gotten my case or it's status but to no avail. Do I start worrying or take Olympia's advise that they've forwarded it to DBEC and wait? for how long? share some more case of the like will appreciate! thanks.

Is your case RIR or non-RIR. If it is RIR - it should have been forwarded to the federal dol for sure (RIR cases uptil jan 2003 were forwarded to federal dol for sure). If that is the case your lawyer should have received a message from SWA about the case being forwarded to Federal level.

If your case was non-RIR - you can be reasonably sure it is sitting in Dallas processing center.

newkidintown said:
Olympia is State Office where originaly filed the case. Twice we contacted Dallas BEC via fax and email to confirm if they have gotten my case or it's status but to no avail. Do I start worrying or take Olympia's advise that they've forwarded it to DBEC and wait? for how long? share some more case of the like will appreciate! thanks.

Did any of you guys receive approval?

The latest approvals in DBEC are from late july 2003.

Wondering if any of the WA folks got LC approved?

WhyThisDelay said:

I think all those approvals are for cases that moved to regional. I don't think there have been any approvals for SWA cases from DBEC but I may be wrong.

I haven't received 45 days letter yet. Has anyone else received it ? On the same note, does the case status change when a 45 letter is issued by DBEC but before it receives its reply?

WhyThisDelay said:

My LC EB-2 RIR is filed 27-AUG- 2003 in WA state , So should I be expecting anything shortly

bhand11683 said:
My LC EB-2 RIR is filed 27-AUG- 2003 in WA state , So should I be expecting anything shortly
Not realy, You have to get a 45 day letter before you should expect approval. SWA cases have not been even completely entered yet. So the fact that DBEC is processing PD of July/Aug2003 doesn't realy matter to us at all. Its not FIFO. Its just the order cases are opened out of the boxes and entered. They just decided to look at the regional cases first.

Personally I dont expect any SWA approval before June 2006, at the earliest.

Enqueued
PD 08/2003

some 45 day letters in

I found out that my employer received some 45 day letters from the beginning of 2003 (Jan,Feb) timeframe. So they probably got to the point of entering WA SWA cases after all. Sit tight :)

enqueued said:
I found out that my employer received some 45 day letters from the beginning of 2003 (Jan,Feb) timeframe. So they probably got to the point of entering WA SWA cases after all. Sit tight :)

good to hear that things are finally moving for WA. i'll start keeping an eye out too now.