3 year LPR eligibility for N400 question

Dasya

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

In a few months time I will be a 3-year LPR. I just removed my conditions (I-751) based on extreme cruelty waiver perpertrated against me by my US citizen husband (who turned out to be a complete psycho in recent years) and have received my new 10-year green card.
My question is, would I be eligible to apply for citizenship on a 3 -year basis next year, based on I-751 cruelty waiver that was granted to me?
I'm so glad that we're no longer living together and that I don't have to put up with this nonsense anymore.

Thanks

OK, as per my knowledge you have to consult an experienced lawyer. Other wise it will bit on your back when you go for interview.

We all know about the VAWA act and how it is abused, you are trying to hide it under "Extreme Cruelty", there is no "Extreme Cruelty" Green Card.
Thanks for possibly scamming yet one of our another fellow citizen.
Welcome to ever so generous America.
To answer your question 'NO' you can't file on 3 years (Extreme Cruelty... LOL) basis, you have to be not only married but also required to be living with the US Citizen spouse to qualify under 3 year basis.
I hope that "complete psycho" will have enough courage to push his congressman to introduce a bill to amend the Non sense bill called VAWA act, that provide protection to Foreign alien women (mostly from Russia) and no protection for the US Citizens who are scammed by these con artists staging abuse cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know about the VAWA act and how it is abused, you are trying to hide it under "Extreme Cruelty", there is no "Extreme Cruelty" Green Card.
Welcome to ever so generous America.
To answer your question 'NO' you can't file on 3 years (Extreme Cruelty... LOL) basis, you have to be not only married but also required to be living with the US Citizen spouse to qualify under 3 year basis.
I hope that "complete psycho" will have enough courage to push his congressman to introduce a bill to amend the Non sense bill called VAWA act, that provide protection to Foreign alien women (mostly from Russia) and no protection for the US Citizens who are scammed by these con artists staging abuse cases.

Actually, that is completely WRONG and assumes facts not in evidence and is highly biased and offensive. Yes, there is abuse of VAWA but it was passed for a reason in the first place. Don't jump to conclusions, you were not there.

INA: ACT 319 - MARRIED PERSONS AND EMPLOYEES OF CERTAIN NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS

Sec. 319. [8 U.S.C. 1430]

(a) Any person whose spouse is a citizen of the United States, 1/ or any person who obtained status as a lawful permanent resident by reason of his or her status as a spouse or child of a United States citizen who battered him or her or subjected him or her to extreme cruelty, may be naturalized upon compliance with all the requirements of this title except the provisions of paragraph (1) of section 316(a) if such person immediately preceding the date of filing his application for naturalization has resided continuously, after being lawfully admitted for permanent reside nce, within the United States for at least three years, and during the three years immediately preceding the date of filing his application has been living in marital union with the citizen spouse 1/ (except in the case of a person who has been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by a United States citizen spouse or parent), who has been a United States citizen during all of such period, and has been physically present in the United States for periods totaling at least half of that time and has resided within the State or the district of the Service in the United States in which the applicant filed his application for at least three months.

FN 1 Language inserted by section 1503(e) of Public Law 106-386, dated October 28, 2000.

(e) ACCESS TO NATURALIZATION FOR DIVORCED VICTIMS OF ABUSE- Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1430(a)) is amended--

(1) by inserting “, or any person who obtained status as a lawful permanent resident by reason of his or her status as a spouse or child of a United States citizen who battered him or her or subjected him or her to extreme cruelty,” after “United States” the first place such term appears; and

(2) by inserting “(except in the case of a person who has been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by a United States citizen spouse or parent)” after “has been living in marital union with the citizen spouse

Thank you, BigJoe5! You are indeed a true gentleman!

Namecheckvictim, or whatever your name is, do you hate all women? Did you mother and father never taught you how to treat a lady? And you don't like Russian women, too?
You sound very racially biased, you shouldn't even live in America, go back your homeland and spew your hatred from there!

Actually, that is completely WRONG and assumes facts not in evidence and is highly biased and offensive. Yes, there is abuse of VAWA but it was passed for a reason in the first place. Don't jump to conclusions, you were not there.

INA: ACT 319 - MARRIED PERSONS AND EMPLOYEES OF CERTAIN NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS

Sec. 319. [8 U.S.C. 1430]

(a) Any person whose spouse is a citizen of the United States, 1/ or any person who obtained status as a lawful permanent resident by reason of his or her status as a spouse or child of a United States citizen who battered him or her or subjected him or her to extreme cruelty, may be naturalized upon compliance with all the requirements of this title except the provisions of paragraph (1) of section 316(a) if such person immediately preceding the date of filing his application for naturalization has resided continuously, after being lawfully admitted for permanent reside nce, within the United States for at least three years, and during the three years immediately preceding the date of filing his application has been living in marital union with the citizen spouse 1/ (except in the case of a person who has been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by a United States citizen spouse or parent), who has been a United States citizen during all of such period, and has been physically present in the United States for periods totaling at least half of that time and has resided within the State or the district of the Service in the United States in which the applicant filed his application for at least three months.

FN 1 Language inserted by section 1503(e) of Public Law 106-386, dated October 28, 2000.

(e) ACCESS TO NATURALIZATION FOR DIVORCED VICTIMS OF ABUSE- Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1430(a)) is amended--

(1) by inserting “, or any person who obtained status as a lawful permanent resident by reason of his or her status as a spouse or child of a United States citizen who battered him or her or subjected him or her to extreme cruelty,” after “United States” the first place such term appears; and

(2) by inserting “(except in the case of a person who has been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by a United States citizen spouse or parent)” after “has been living in marital union with the citizen spouse

.., you are trying to hide it under "Extreme Cruelty", there is no "Extreme Cruelty" Green Card.
Keep your personal biases to yourself instead of instigating such claim towards other forum members.
Incorrect. Read the act as referenced by BigJoe.

Last edited by a moderator: