3 month after FP, no IL rec'd

lowering the expectations

bw376 said:
I have been waiting for IL since June.

Receipt date: 6/15/06
Fingerprint: early July
IL: ??

According to online case status, my case is at VSC. (My local office is Newark NJ). There has been no update on my case since 6/23/06. I wonder why they didn't update the case after the FP. Any idea?

Online processing information for N400 is not paid attention to by USCIS. I never heard any kind of update except sometimes disappearing after being sent to the local disctrict office. Sometimes it disappears for no reason though. So get ready for a non sense tedious experience.

Let's not get fooled by the fact USA is a developed country, USCIS seems more like a third world government entity, not like an USA entity.

Last edited by a moderator:
springbranch,
if you are so negative about the country you live in, why are you getting naturalized?
maybe you need to be appreciative of the opportunities this country has given you, and quit being an hypocrite.

springbranch said:
Online processing information for N400 is not paid attention to by USCIS. I never heard any kind of update except sometimes disappearing after being sent to the local disctrict office. Sometimes it disappears for no reason though. It is kind of like this. Nothing means nothing. So get ready for a non sense tedious experience.

Let's not get fooled by the country we live in which is USA, USCIS is nothing but a third world government entity.

The case disappears when cervice center forwards it to local DO.

Any progress?

errou said:
Don't want to discourage you, I was told the same thing about two months ago, nothing happened. Now was told pending security check. My PD is 4.27.06

Have you scheduled another Infopass? Any progress in you case.
I definetly feel your pain. You and me on the same boat. Because of a not-working-good name check, you and me can't make future plans. Nobody seems to know how to fix it. Since you share a name with somebody (assuming it is the case), they just put your file aside and never get back to it untill they are sued. These are the similar government beurocracy you can see in third world countries. We are literally taken hostage by this, even though we are good citizen candidates with good records.

Since I have given up the hope on USCIS's effficiency I had stopped checking the process dates often, and I just checked the processing dates today for my district. It was updated on the 18th of December with 5/14/2006 processing date.

Now it is officially more than 30 days before the posted processing dates shown in the charts. I will make a phone call to USCIS and ask them to expedite it next week. I am not so hopeful though. I kind of know the response I will be getting "Name check pending, nothing can be done".

I'll send you an private message with outcome, as soon as I get it.

You hang in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
MissMolina said:
springbranch,
if you are so negative about the country you live in, why are you getting naturalized?
maybe you need to be appreciative of the opportunities this country has given you, and quit being an hypocrite.
You have completely misunderstood his/her message. He never complained about USA itself. He/she only said that USCIS operates like a 3rd world country's Govt agency.

Dani said:
The case disappears when cervice center forwards it to local DO.
That is only one of the reasons. Case status can disappear for many other reasons. E.g., if your A files is with another Service Center (which would be the case if you processed your green card in another Service Center) and your current Service Center requests your A file from that other Service Center, then also the case status disappears. There could plenty other reasons. In short, unlike the green card processing, the online status is not very reliable for naturalization process.

takadigi said:
That is only one of the reasons. Case status can disappear for many other reasons. E.g., if your A files is with another Service Center (which would be the case if you processed your green card in another Service Center) and your current Service Center requests your A file from that other Service Center, then also the case status disappears. There could plenty other reasons. In short, unlike the green card processing, the online status is not very reliable for naturalization process.
Thank you for correcting me. You are absolutely right.

IMIG49 said:
HI
I'M IN SAME DAY MONTE BELLO FOR OATH GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO

What time is your Oath. Mine's at 8AM according to the letter I received. Nice to hear that somebody else will be there. I'll look out for you if we have the same time. Would be fun if they sit us next to each other huh.

Goodluck to you as well !

xxzz said:
Hey eo23,

Any news on your side ? Did you get the IL yet ?

hey xxzz,

unfortunately not, I have a second infopass on January 30th, I will get an update then and see what happens. Will keep you posted.

EO23.Not sure why waste the time taking infopass .When the processing date in you DO is not even close to your filing date?Currently,it is June and you applied in august.Take abreak bro.Dont sweat it.!!

I am still waiting for the Interview Letter from Nebraska Service Center since it is more than 6 months period since I had the Fingerprint Appointment at St. Paul, MN in July 2006. My status online is stated as "Case received and pending."

PD : May 2006
FP : July 2006
ID : ???
OD: ???

dckaraja said:
EO23.Not sure why waste the time taking infopass .When the processing date in you DO is not even close to your filing date?Currently,it is June and you applied in august.Take abreak bro.Dont sweat it.!!

hey dckaraja,

these dates are a load of bull****, my roomate applied after me and has got his interview already - that is why.

My name check is pending and I plan to find out if there is any update, a lawyer might even come with me to find out more information if need be, will keep you posted.

Does anyone have the number for VSC?? I had my FP in December 2006. Still waiting for IL. My husband has the same PD and he already received his IL.

Idlegirl

eo23 said:
hey xxzz,

unfortunately not, I have a second infopass on January 30th, I will get an update then and see what happens. Will keep you posted.

eo23 - good luck for your infopass appt. Please keep us posted.

eo23, how's your progress going? I still got nothing but name stuck. :mad: It's been almost 7 months. How long do I keep waiting for the IL coming?

9 months after FP

I had my FP taken in July 2006 and my case is still pending. I've taken an Infopass in January and was told they are doing "security check". When I asked whether this means "name check", I was told it means anything: name, background check etc. And that there is no time line in these cases.

I have contacted the US Senator's office and wait to see what happens. If this fails, I will talk to a lawyer but have doubts the lawyer can do much.

Guess we're all stuck in this web. Never thought I'd have these problems especially with the GC process going so smooth ...

PS. My DO is Detroit.

I just passed 6 months from my PD. I don't have hope except WOM which requires a lot more wait....

My wife has been waiting in her home country for more than four years now. If nothing comes through June, I'll probably leave U.S.

MY DO is Miami . Maybe plan to have another infopass and guess they will just repeat the same answer.

zone911. I remember you. I guess u have to give it more time.