3 month after FP, no IL rec'd

r2ichennai2007 said:
Hello,
After a long wait I am quite relieved today as my IL came for November 27, 2006. It has been more than months and I dont remember how many times I called USCIS and how many times I went to info pass appointments and how many times I logged in any given day to check my status online. The silly status still shows the same message online.

My time lines are as follows. I will post my other thread info after posting this thread.

My dates are below.

Applied - Late March 2006.
Notice date - March 29, 2006
Online Notice date - April 4, 2006 ( I dont know why there is a difference).
FP Notice date - April end, 2006
FP Date - May 10, 2006
Interview letter received date - October 19, 2006
Interview date - November 27, 2006
Oath ceremony - ???? (only god knows)

My spouse date

Applied - Late March 2006.
Notice date - March 29, 2006
Online Notice date - April 4, 2006 ( I dont know why there is a difference).
FP Notice date - April end, 2006
FP Date - May 10, 2006
Interview letter received date - June 13, 2006
Interview date - August 9, 2006
Oath ceremony - Sep 20, 2006
Passport Applied - Sep 20, 2006
Passport received date - Sep 28, 2006
Indian Visa - Same day

My wife's journey to citizenship was a normal ride. My application took a little longer but it is ok though. I hope this will be a smooth journey going forward for me.

Guys be patient and go to infopass every month and followup with USCIS in the 800 number continuously. This may be frustrations for many but this may help USCIS to speeden the application if it is waiting on some one to look at your file. I will post my updates soon after my interview is over.

Congratulations!
Could you please let me know when did you start to call USCIS and when did you start infopass? Thanks in advance!

carpediemM said:
Here is my timeline...

8/1/06 Sent N400 to WSC (Laguna Niguel)
8/3/06 Priority Date
a week or so later - NOA/FP Letter
8/22/06 FP

and since then - nothing....

My timeline is similar

08/05/06 Sent to VSC [Philly DO]
09/08/06 FP taken
----- waiting for IL

Thanks Dani! Seems like we have the same timeline too. You should be receiving your notice anytime now.

I just checked my status online and it disappeared today. So I should be receiving my interview letter soon. Will let you guys know as soon as I get it.

Is there a new version of the 100 questions on the USCIS website?

7/8/06 FP

carpediemM said:
Thanks for the good karma, Dani... Got the IL today... so now I have to start reading about all them amendments.. (surprisingly my online status also disappeared - I just checked to see what everybody else was talking about). Only problem is that it seems like I'd need to re-plan my holiday vacation as the whole interview stuff is going to fall right in the middle of it.. Oh well, I think I could handle that... :rolleyes:
Good luck with your application my friend!

8/3/06 Priority Date
8/22/06 FP
10/20/06 IL

That's some great news!!! I got mine as well! When is your interview?

My interview got cancelled.

My happiness did not last long. Yesterday I received the Interview letter and today I got my descheduled letter. What a unlucky person I am and have to wait for the IV letter now again. Once again my wait game starts. Does anyone know why they might send a cancellation the next day. On october 17 th, they sent the letter and October 18th they sent the cancellation letter. On October 20th, the status changed from the regular to disappeared.

carpediemM said:
Thanks for the good karma, Dani... Got the IL today... so now I have to start reading about all them amendments.. (surprisingly my online status also disappeared - I just checked to see what everybody else was talking about). Only problem is that it seems like I'd need to re-plan my holiday vacation as the whole interview stuff is going to fall right in the middle of it.. Oh well, I think I could handle that... :rolleyes:
Good luck with your application my friend!

8/3/06 Priority Date
8/22/06 FP
10/20/06 IL

Congratulations! That was really fast! Hopefully my IL is, as they say, in the mail. Checked the online status and it is the same.

08/05/06 App Sent
09/08/06 FP taken
????? IL

My PD is April 25th, 2006 and I still haven't received my IL letter. I got my fingerprinting done in May, 2006. My district office is Cherry Hill. Is anyone here from CH?

Strange how certain places take much longer than others. I submitted my N-400 on August 1, 2006, FP was done a couple of weeks later, the interview is tomorrow, October 23, 2006.

It's been 81 days since the Philadelphia Office recieved my Fingerprints. I called USISC and the immigration officer said the office recieved my FP stuff on August 3rd. Should I schedule an Infopass?

Also, will buying a plane ticket for next year raise red flags? I'm planning my trip to spain and buying the tickets now would be cheaper.

Thanks!

robotina said:
It's been 81 days since the Philadelphia Office recieved my Fingerprints. I called USISC and the immigration officer said the office recieved my FP stuff on August 3rd. Should I schedule an Infopass?
I would definitely recommend you scheduling an Infopass. It is easy and it is free. There is no harm in trying to get some additional information.

robotina said:
Also, will buying a plane ticket for next year raise red flags? I'm planning my trip to spain and buying the tickets now would be cheaper.
None whatsoever. You can safely buy tickets for whatever time you want. The only caveat is that if your interview is scheduled at that time, you will just have to postpone your ticket and thereby bite the airline re-scheduling fees.

Thanks CroATM and good luck for your interview

Btw, while setting up Infopass appt (when you haven't received IL since in 6months), what option should one choose from their list --

1. Question about your case
2. Need to speak to an Immigration officer?

thanks

madhuri_dhar said:
Btw, while setting up Infopass appt (when you haven't received IL since in 6months), what option should one choose from their list --

1. Question about your case
2. Need to speak to an Immigration officer?

Question about your case. Once you are at the DO, you will be routed to an immigration officer anyways.

Going for Infopass

I guess its about time for me..........

PD: 6/12/06
FP: 7/6/06
Last status update: 6/23/06
IL: ?????????

nothing after that.. :confused:

Agree with Takadigi...not sure what the difference is between the two but you go to an IO anyways.

Obviously, the purpose is not going to be to "shoot breeze" but to have specific questions. :)

madhuri_dhar said:
Thanks CroATM and good luck for your interview

thanks
Thanks...it is actually today...I will be leaving in a couple of hours.

If everything turns out OK, I will post my experience on the San Antonio thread.

interview scheduled/cancelled

Hello,

I am from san jose DO.

I went to San jose DO with an infopass appointment. I asked about my interview cancellation. The immigration officer showed me that my name check was completed on 09/28/2006. They showed my timeline and why it was cancelled.

PD - 04/04/2006
FP - 05/10/2006
Interview notice date - 10/17/2006
Interview cancellation notice - 10/18/2006
Case Disappears online - 10/20/2006

Reason:
The California service center (laguna) scheduled my interview without transferring my files to the local DO. This is the reason for cancellation. The immigration officer said he also had another candidate with the same situation. He said it will take any where from few weeks to 3months.

Note:
On a positive note, I come under the backlog category as per the guidelines they published. Atleast now they will work on my case. Hopefully they will transfer my files soon. We need to continuously go to infopass appointments to ensure the files are transferred.